3 and 1/2 month progress with pics

Options
Hi, I wanted to encourage others to not give up too soon. This is my second account on MFP I was off and on for at least 3 years, but since Jan I have been more devoted, and I have proof that persistence pays off. I am a business owning mother of 2 who homeschools, works from home, keeps up my marriage, attends church and bible study each week, I am the only one who cooks and cleans our house since my hubby works 50hrs a week. That being said ... "not having time" is an excuse. If it is important to you, you will find time!
I have an amazing support system here on MFP, not so much at home. I live over 1000 miles away from friends or family so I had to take control of the people who I surrounded myself with on this journey to a new life...and I have the best group of women to team up with!
Here is what I have done... I have completely changed the way I eat. I rarely eat fast food or at restaurants, I measure my food, and I try to make the healthiest choices I can. I love to cook and adapt recipes. I drink coffee in the am (usually 1 cup) the rest of the day it is water or occasionally almond milk. I got to this point not by jumping all in, I got here by taking baby steps. The first thing was to log my food. Then I started to focus on healthier choices of foods I was already eating. Cut out soda, cut out greasy fast food, etc.... Taking these small steps has made it easier to get through the changes. I added exercise in trying many different programs until I found one that I love. I am using Pauline Nordin's Butt bible (message me if you have ??) I my last day is tomorrow it is about 6 weeks long, although I took a big longer to nurse an injury. I am doing it again with higher weights starting next week. I also hope to run my first 1/2 marathon in Sept! But I found what I love and I stuck with it!
Every time in the past I attempted to lose weight I would give up because I felt like I was being restricted too much at once. NO more restrictions. I enjoy food, but in better for me forms. The last thing I did was work to support others. I built my team by being to them what I needed from them. I cheer my pals on and they cheer me on. I am not afraid to cut people out who eat unhealthy or who have little to nothing to say. I have a fantastic team and we all have pushed each other that our total weight loss as a whole is in the hundreds! Ok, enough talk ... here are my pics.
***I know I have a long way to go, but I did this in 3 1/2 months! You can too!***

Bear with me ...
4a9434e4-18ae-4f94-b15f-e5f44f10330d_zpsff8945bb.jpg

5fcad7a4-bbd6-4ccb-85bc-9b21eb8b410e_zps69e520a3.jpg

837d25f9-caeb-47ec-9886-f589c99ebf93_zps21e48eed.jpg
edited to add pics

Replies

• aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I can see them, amazing progress in such a short amount of time!
  • OnMyWay2Me2
    OnMyWay2Me2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look pretty much the same. YEAH! RIGHT! That would be a total lie! AWESOME PROGRESS and EXTREMELY inspirational. Cheers to no more restrictions. Congratulations to you!!! You look great!
    Hi, I wanted to encourage others to not give up too soon. This is my second account on MFP I was off and on for at least 3 years, but since Jan I have been more devoted, and I have proof that persistence pays off. I am a business owning mother of 2 who homeschools, works from home, keeps up my marriage, attends church and bible study each week, I am the only one who cooks and cleans our house since my hubby works 50hrs a week. That being said ... "not having time" is an excuse. If it is important to you, you will find time!
    I have an amazing support system here on MFP, not so much at home. I live over 1000 miles away from friends or family so I had to take control of the people who I surrounded myself with on this journey to a new life...and I have the best group of women to team up with!
    Here is what I have done... I have completely changed the way I eat. I rarely eat fast food or at restaurants, I measure my food, and I try to make the healthiest choices I can. I love to cook and adapt recipes. I drink coffee in the am (usually 1 cup) the rest of the day it is water or occasionally almond milk. I got to this point not by jumping all in, I got here by taking baby steps. The first thing was to log my food. Then I started to focus on healthier choices of foods I was already eating. Cut out soda, cut out greasy fast food, etc.... Taking these small steps has made it easier to get through the changes. Every time in the past I attempted to lose weight I would give up because I felt like I was being restricted too much at once. NO more restrictions. I enjoy food, but in better for me forms. The last thing I did was work to support others. I built my team by being to them what I needed from them. I cheer my pals on and they cheer me on. I am not afraid to cut people out who eat unhealthy or who have little to nothing to say. I have a fantastic team and we all have pushed each other that our total weight loss as a whole is in the hundreds! Ok, enough talk ... here are my pics.
    ***I know I have a long way to go, but I did this in 3 1/2 months! You can too!***

hope this works, first time uploading photos! =) OMG it is not working UGH!
    Bear with me ...
    4a9434e4-18ae-4f94-b15f-e5f44f10330d_zpsff8945bb.jpg

5fcad7a4-bbd6-4ccb-85bc-9b21eb8b410e_zps69e520a3.jpg

837d25f9-caeb-47ec-9886-f589c99ebf93_zps21e48eed.jpg
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on your progress!

You should probably edit out the religious stuff, though. Keep that in private groups, because a lot of us don't believe in your imaginary friend, and it's considered a 'divisive' topic.
    I am not going to edit the fact that I go to church and bible study because you don't believe. That is fine. I am simply stating the fact that I live a busy life and have found time to make it work. It could be anything in that time that I commit to, but this is what it happens to be, and this is me! I am not going to change who I am for other people, or what I have to say about my journey, nor would I expect you to do the same. It is fine that you believe what you do. I would not ask you to change your comment or your profile pic for that matter because it is a "divisive topic." I think you are reading more into it than is there. And I never mentioned an "imaginary friend" you added that.
    Edited to say: And thanks for the Congrats!
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You should probably edit out the religious stuff, though. Keep that in private groups, because a lot of us don't believe in your imaginary friend, and it's considered a 'divisive' topic.

Well, when you phrase it like THAT, it becomes a divisive topic...
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I am not going to edit the fact that I go to church and bible study because you don't believe. That is fine. I am simply stating the fact that I live a busy life and have found time to make it work. It could be anything in that time that I commit to, but this is what it happens to be, and this is me! I am not going to change who I am for other people, or what I have to say about my journey, nor would I expect you to do the same. It is fine that you believe what you do. I would not ask you to change your comment or your profile pic for that matter because it is a "divisive topic." I think you are reading more into it than is there. And I never mentioned an "imaginary friend" you added that.
    I'm fairly certain they were saying that god was your "imaginary friend".
    Nonetheless, congrats on the progress!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Great job! Look at that definition!
  • nyfashionista19
    nyfashionista19 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Keep up your amazing work! ;-)
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Options

I'm fairly certain they were saying that god was your "imaginary friend".
    Nonetheless, congrats on the progress!
    I figured that ...
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

I'm an atheist myself but atheists generally don't preach. What makes life viable is the ability to chose your own beliefs. It crosses the line when you tell someone else how to live there's and the advice is unsolicited. Awesome weight loss!
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Options
    OK, Lets all just focus on the real topic at hand and that is weight loss! If you want to discuss religion...message me! I just want my pics and journey to help inspire others!
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ok, instead of imaginary friend, you study an abominable book filled with rape, torture, slavery, etc. Same difference. The MFP rules say that religion is a divisive topic. You can say you have a busy life without bringing up your delusional religious habits.

Yes, but she wasn't talking about religion - you're the one who went there. I'm an atheist too, but I pick my battles, and this isn't a battle.
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Ok, instead of imaginary friend, you study an abominable book filled with rape, torture, slavery, etc. Same difference. The MFP rules say that religion is a divisive topic. You can say you have a busy life without bringing up your delusional religious habits.

Really? All she said was she "attends church and bible study each week" I'm pretty sure MFP isn't going to ban her for that. It's not like she said "Jesus is my saviour and if you don't believe you're going to Hell with fire and brimstone." You are making a mountain out of a molehill!
  • amyhowell91
    Options
    Way to go!! I just started a week or so ago & this is exactly the kind of encouragement I needed : ) i lost around 40 pounds on my own, but I can't seem to get rid of these last 20-30...I'm vamping up the exercise & hoping I can kick this weight : )
  • pecantan09
    pecantan09 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and way to do it stress free!!!!
  • tanyaheartsfrogs
    tanyaheartsfrogs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look great! I 100% agree with you. If you want it bad enough, you will make time.
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome. I definitely needed to see a post like this today :)
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

Edited to say: And thanks for the Congrats!

Still learning how to navigate the message boards (hence the double post). AMEN for NOT apologizing for who you are/whom you believe in and congrats on the weight loss! Its encouraging to see your accomplishments after 3.5 months.
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your back is so much smaller!!
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Amen on NOT apologizing for what and whom you believe in and congrats! You're looking good and its encouraging to see your accomplishments in a 3.5 month period.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your post and I'm trully encouraged!!! Thank you for standing upon what you believe as well, It amazes me how those that don't believe the way you do can express themselves however and nothing is said or done, but when believers make a simple statement that gives a sign of who they believe in then omg all earth shakes!!

Keep on keeping on! For you are a light set upon a hill that can not be hid and never allow that light to be dimmed or put out!! You look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!