Anyone tired Shaklee meal replacement shakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mare7560
    Mare7560 Posts: 18
    Options
    I like IdealShape meal replacement shakes. They have a hunger blocker in them that the others do not have. And I like the taste!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I like IdealShape meal replacement shakes. They have a hunger blocker in them that the others do not have. And I like the taste!

yeah because blocking a naturally occurring bodily function is a good idea...
  • desireelynnbr
    Options
    I see a lot of positive and negative comments and well, you have to do what's best for you.

For me, I do not do well with getting my breakfast in. Either I do not have time, or I just don't want to put in the effort to make a healthy breakfast, or I just am not hungry. Yes, I use a meal replacement shake for breakfast.

I also eat healthy. I make sure I am getting plenty of veggies and fruits, and I like to add ground flax seeds to my shakes and some foods. I do sometimes incorporate healthy meat, usually fish, into my diet, but there are other great sources of proteins ou can eat that are not meat. (We all know that the beef, chicken and pork that is in our grocery stores, isn't necessarily good for us.) I hate exercise, but I am still managing to do an exercise program and walk. I'm not the perfect body shape and weight, but I am working on it.

Getting healthy is more than just being physically fit or being on an extreme diet. There are six dimensions to overall health and wellness. Physical, Emotional, Social, Intellectual, Environmental and Spiritual. You need a healthy balance of all of those, to succeed.

Don't let anyone put you down, drag you down or "overload your donkey". Think positive and work toward that healthier you.

I'd love to talk to anyone who is interested in working on a healthier "you". Friend me on Facebook, I'm under the same name as I am here: desireelynnbr :) and THINK POSITIVE!!!
  • cyborgtrio
    Options
    I actually do get what my body needs from food minus a B vitamin suppliement. Outside of B vitamins I am at great levels for everything. You can get 100% of your daily vitamins from small portions of fruits and vegetables. I personally prefer food over suppliements.

Leucine may assist with retaining muscle mass but it won't completely prevent it. If you consume calories low enough where you give your body a large deficit you will still lose muscle... with or without suppliements.

Personally, I think meal replacement shakes are a waste of money. You can get much better nutrition from other sources. Unless you are going to do shakes for the rest of your life they are a waste of time now IMO. Learn about nutrition, learn about portions, etc so you can life long weight loss and health.

You're spelling "supplements" wrong. It is almost impossible to get 100% proper nutrition from diet alone. You MUST take supplements. You are also wrong about Leucine. It does retain muscle mass while you loose FAT only. Do your research!

Shaklee is a wonderful company. Their products are always safe, always work and are always green. The Shaklee 180 program is wonderful and WORKS. My fiancé and I have been doing it since February. We've lost a combined 25 lbs. Ohhh, by the way... that's 25 lbs of FAT... NOT MUSLCE.

Shaklee offers a 100% money back guarantee. I would rerccomend Shaklee 180 to anyone! If you would like more information on Shaklee 180 visit:

http://nature.myshaklee.com/us/en/shaklee180.s.html
    http://nature.myshaklee.com
    http://missiontohealth.com
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Blend and drink..it is greatness.. it comes out to a little over 800 calories of healthy eating. You will love it...promise. Ive done Insanity and Insanity Asylum and started P90X yesterday. Again, it is greatness. Let me know if you have any questions.

800 calories????? That's 3/4 of my daily budget! It better be damned filling!

If 800 calories are 3/4 of your daily budget, that means you're only taking in 1000 cals a day. Too low.
  • cynspudic
    cynspudic Posts: 1
    Options
    Usually I don't go for meal replacements; however, I have just started using the Shaklee smoothee as a meal replacement when too busy to make a meal. I add ice and either blueberries or strawberries and blend it. It tastes better with the fruit and gives added nutrition. I would use it as a short term solution to a busy life or as a fill in for missing a meal. Cannot go wrong and the price is not bed. :smile:
  • deejayy89
    deejayy89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You are going to get tons of negatives on replacing a meal with a shake. However, for bush people such as myself, sometimes grabbing a shake is the quickest healthy "meal" you can grab. I personally use shakeology and have had results in the past with it (I'm just starting it again). The best thing is for you to try a couple of products and see what works best for you.
  • kitadog12
    kitadog12 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am drinking shakeology and it has really helped with my appetite

I drink Shakeology and love it too. Does wonders for my cravings.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I actually do get what my body needs from food minus a B vitamin suppliement. Outside of B vitamins I am at great levels for everything. You can get 100% of your daily vitamins from small portions of fruits and vegetables. I personally prefer food over suppliements.

Leucine may assist with retaining muscle mass but it won't completely prevent it. If you consume calories low enough where you give your body a large deficit you will still lose muscle... with or without suppliements.

Personally, I think meal replacement shakes are a waste of money. You can get much better nutrition from other sources. Unless you are going to do shakes for the rest of your life they are a waste of time now IMO. Learn about nutrition, learn about portions, etc so you can life long weight loss and health.

You're spelling "supplements" wrong. It is almost impossible to get 100% proper nutrition from diet alone. You MUST take supplements. You are also wrong about Leucine. It does retain muscle mass while you loose FAT only. Do your research!

Shaklee is a wonderful company. Their products are always safe, always work and are always green. The Shaklee 180 program is wonderful and WORKS. My fiancé and I have been doing it since February. We've lost a combined 25 lbs. Ohhh, by the way... that's 25 lbs of FAT... NOT MUSLCE.

Shaklee offers a 100% money back guarantee. I would rerccomend Shaklee 180 to anyone! If you would like more information on Shaklee 180 visit:

http://nature.myshaklee.com/us/en/shaklee180.s.html
    http://nature.myshaklee.com
    http://missiontohealth.com

Says the person trying to sell something.
  • Shawnee63
    Shawnee63 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump