they got him!

Options
1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
The second bomb suspect is now in custody thank God!

Replies

• wicki1989
    wicki1989 Posts: 54
    Options
    Being from Massachusetts, this is amazing! Finally!!! Thank you to law inforcement and the people in uniform for doing such a wonderful job!
  • delvin2
    delvin2 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Being from Massachusetts, this is amazing! Finally!!! Thank you to law inforcement and the people in uniform for doing such a wonderful job!

Absolutely. LEO did a spectacular job.
  • k9t8a8
    k9t8a8 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thank god! So happy they took him in alive. Let's hope he gets what he deserves!
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    Awesome work by Boston PD and all others involved.
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Very happy about this =)
  • kerriberry74
    kerriberry74 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!!!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm a Masshole. lol

Born and raised there and sooo wicked happy they got him alive!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Glad they were able to take him alive, but is the cheering in the streets really necessary? I know it's a relief that he was apprehended, but it's not a damn party FFS.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    If there's ever a reason for the death penalty its for people like him.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Glad they were able to take him alive, but is the cheering in the streets really necessary? I know it's a relief that he was apprehended, but it's not a damn party FFS.

I personally found it heartwarming. Our country is one if not the most patriotic in the world, and when bad things happen, we come together and get **** done. It's part of what makes us great, imo. And those men and women deserve to be cheered, every day.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

I believe they were expressing relief that he was caught, and also, showing appreciation for all the law enforcement folks for their hard work. Hours and hours of work, tracking, searching, etc knowing that a misstep could cause further loss of life is a heavy burden. God bless them.

Edit for spelling
  • wineroom
    wineroom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes it's great they got him. But.....,in a massive search why did they not search the boats??? The helicopters had heat seeking thero on them so how was he missed? For heaven sake the neighborhood was just advised they could leave their houses.... Soooo how about this "oversight".

Sorry but this is really perplexing to me. Doesn't appear to be such terrific work by authorities to me. I love Boston and haven nothing but respect for officers ans responders but duh....how can u say come out people the search was unsuccessful finding him....it's safe to come out n SURPRISE.....he's in the backyard. Thank god the home owner was observant n no one else got killed.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yes it's great they got him. But.....,in a massive search why did they not search the boats??? The helicopters had heat seeking thero on them so how was he missed? For heaven sake the neighborhood was just advised they could leave their houses.... Soooo how about this "oversight".

Sorry but this is really perplexing to me. Doesn't appear to be such terrific work by authorities to me. I love Boston and haven nothing but respect for officers ans responders but duh....how can u say come out people the search was unsuccessful finding him....it's safe to come out n SURPRISE.....he's in the backyard. Thank god the home owner was observant n no one else got killed.

Maybe he wasn't there when they first searched the property? He has feet, so ..???
  • wineroom
    wineroom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hope u are right maybe he successfully ran hiding place to hiding place. Even so....I am concerned that the massive search with unprecedented amount of officers n equipment almost botched it. Had they all pulled out n the citizens were assured they were safe was premature n I cringe to imagine what else could have happened. I am not taking anything away from the amazing officers....the upper level judgment call was dead wrong (excuse the choice if words). Like most criminal investigations n successful arrests it was the observant citizen that caught the bad guy.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    388105_10201148433501446_189265500_n.jpg
  • o0Amanda0o
    o0Amanda0o Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wish this state had the death penalty. In lieu of this heinous crime maybe it will be enacted? I seriously hope so because I'd vote for it.
  • tracivee
    tracivee Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank God for all the law enforcement personnel who got this scumbag and killed the other one. Everyone always loves to hate on cops, but I sure didn't see any of those haters out there trying to find those fools. It takes a special kind of person to put their life on the line to protect others.

God bless the police and may the fallen rest in peace.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I heard on the radio right as they got him. Good job by the boys in blue!

also inb4 conspiracy
  • o0Amanda0o
    o0Amanda0o Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ladymiseryali, people were cheering because they were told to stay in there homes until the suspect was apprehended. Wouldn't you be happy and relieved there wasn't shots being fired, helicopters flying, police sirens wailing and weren't terrified anymore? I would be the first one out my house and clapping because now I don't have to be afraid. So yes, it is necessary.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

It's really easy to second guess what our men and women in blue are doing, but unless you have done it...don't. It's a difficult job and they were working day and night, leaving their families home unprotected, while they protected you. Having been a LEO for 17 years, I think they did phenomenal work and I salute them.

EDIT: This is my 296th post, and 296 is my badge number. How absolutely appropriate :heart: