Morning eaters- a rare breed?

Options
1235»

Replies

• karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love eating breakfast. If I'm really hungry, I'll eat a full meal. If I'm not, I'll just get a snack in.
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I eat most in the evening myself but my 3 year old isn't even out of bed before she is asking for breakfast :)
  • niightwindz
    niightwindz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I used to save up for evening eating because I found that was when I was most hungry. I started having meals for breakfast instead of just a glass of milk or a granola bar, and its helped curb my evening hunger.
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    LilMissTucknRoll Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I always seem to eat an ok breakfast because it's the one I always make for my son. Lunch is not so hard, pb&j for him, but breakfast is usually pretty big for us. I'm worst with snacking after dinner because I stay up late with homework.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I do think it's rarer to be a morning eater than not. I only recently realized this, coming from a family of morning eaters and parents who woke me up literally every day by shoving a bowl of cereal and a mug of milk in my face and then despairing when I said no. I have never in my life woken up with an appetite, even if I didn't eat much the night before. Hunger starts to creep in about 2-3 hours after I rise.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I LOVE breakfast!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I hate getting up any earlier than absolutely necessary, so when I say I eat breakfast, what I really mean is, "I grab a handful of berries to munch in the car and then eat breakfast at my desk." :) I wish I could get myself out of bed early enough to cook an omelette and stuff, though. God, I love breakfast... Brunch is even better 'cause then you get ALL THE FOODS.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I love a good breakfast. I wouldn't try to force it on someone else, but for me breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day. Without it, I'm no use to man nor beast.

I typically start the day with a banana before workout. After my workout I'll make a protein smoothie with mixed berries, vanilla protein powder, milk, and sometimes coconut oil. I'll sip on that while I make a bowl of oatmeal (again with milk), with PB2 stirred in. Five or six hundred calories (depending on whether I use dairy milk or almond milk) of highly satiating goodness that sees me through to lunch.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    I'm with you! I LOVE breakfast. I like to have a good 500-600 of my calories before 11:00 :)
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I'm always starving when I wake up! I dont know how people go without eating breakfast
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Dont eat breakfast, :P dont eat 6 meals a day either, guess my metabolisms in shambles eh? :P
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 400-500 calories for breakfast AND dinner and then have a lighter lunch with a snack or two around dinner. I could eat all my calories for breakfast though...pancakes, bacon, french toast.....yummmmmmy!
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I only eat breakfast when I get hungry in the morning. If I eat right away I find I feel a bit sick afterwards.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    After working outside all day running a weed eater (or chainsaw depending on the job) and a part time job where lifting and carrying 50 lbs or more is a requirement and after lifting three days a week and hiking and kayaking on the weekends I have to eat breakfast to get in enough calories to maintain (2500 to 3000 calories a day). Plus I am so active I wake up starving in the morning. I have to have a good meal and a large ice cold glass of water (I also wake up craving water) or I won't be worth a crap by 10am. I usually eat a small lunch especially in the summer. Big lunch+ working in the alabama heat= SICK AS A DOG for me anyway. I finish up my dinner with a large portion of my calories and I always have a snack before bed.
  • oowyrakcaj
    Options
    Unless I don't get up until 11am or later (which happens on my days off normally) I can't not have breakfast. Most days I'll have a Slimfast, but it gives me enough to last until lunch. I get cranky if I don't eat.
  • Lilith5
    Lilith5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Never been a morning eater, I don't start to get hungry till about 11am. When I was younger my Dad would make sure I always had brekkie before school 'Most important meal of the day' is what I got told.....Not for me by the time I got to school I used to feel really sick! Glad I can now choose not to eat breakfast.