Low Cal Desserts

Options
13»

Replies

• leonaedithlewis
    leonaedithlewis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've found that smoothies are a great way to satisfy my ice cream cravings, especially made with frozen strawberries. Not always low cal, but nutritious and Makes a great late afternoon snack.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I know it may sound crazy to some (it used to sound crazy to me), but a 1/2 cup serving of ice cream really isn't that small. It's enough to enjoy the ice cream. The good stuff.

This is exactly what I did today. 1/2 cup of Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate ice cream. 160 calories. Quite the perfect chocolate fix; more would've been too much. That's saying a lot coming from me; I used to love eating easily four to six times that amount in one sitting. When I craved it, sometimes an entire quart at a time. Now I eat it slowly; it helps keep me from binging.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Serves 6 at about 150 calories each:
    1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
    1 tablespoon balsamic or white wine vinegar
    2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
    1 sprig of thyme
    4 pluots (or mix it up with pears, nectarines, mango, whatever fruit you like)
    3 cups of frozen Greek yogurt -- I use Fage and I put it in the freezer about 10 minutes before I start making the desert; you can substitute with ice cream, but I prefer the yogurt flavor as the fruit and honey is obviously very sweet and with ice cream, it's too sweet for my liking.

Combine the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, once it's simmering, turn off the heat and remove the thyme sprig. Slice up the pluots and brush honey on cut sides. You can either grill or warm the fruit in a pan (I prefer grilled) until warmed through. Arrange slices on the yogurt and drizzle the honey over it.
    the hell is a pluot

I have no idea either, but the way you phrased this made me burst out laughing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluot
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i'd stay away from sugar free or low sugar processed ice creams/frozen yogurts. gross.

freeze a banana in pieces and blend into an "ice cream texture.' same cals as frozen yogurt at 90 cals but chances are the ingredient list may have some weird things. add in dark chocolate or carab chips, nuts, or whatever you put on ice cream

mash 2 ripe bananas and 1c quick oats together. if you want add similar things like walnuts chocolate chips etc. bake 10 mins and yey cookies
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    if you like ice cream.. i've been eating "so delicious neapolitan bars".. they're 90 calories, tiny, and veryyy filling!

ps: they're dairy free! but taste like ice cream!
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I try to only buy single-serve items for sweet treats because I have a problem with portion control. (Not as much as I used to, but it's better to make smarter choices :p)

Single serve yoghurts - I eat the kid ones that come in the squirty things, and they're under 100 calories.

Mini protein bars - I eat the Lo-Carb ones and they're 100 calories mostly.

Sorbet is really good too :)
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
    30 semi-sweet chocolate chips
    ½ tbsp organic honey

135 cals
    7 g carbs
    4 g fat
    0 g fiber
    7 g protein
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love banana ice cream and the skinny cow stuff. Here are some other ideas too.

Chocolate rice cakes mini add cool whip free between and freeze. Makes little mini ice cream sandwiches and 8 chocolate rice cakes is 60 cals so depending on cool whip amt you use could have 4 sandwiches for 100 calories.

Protein frosting. Add two scoops (34 g) whey protein to only tiny amount water and mix to frosting consistency. I eat it right out of the bowl for 20g protein and only 110 cals....but you can add on fruit. Or I did 1 scoop for 55 cals and did on top of Apple Crumb VitaTop...DELICIOUS!
    IMAG0686_zps7c762ce7.jpg

Also I love Arctic Zero and know people call it diet crap but when you can't eat soy, dairy-based ice creams, or cooconut...you are a little limited. Plus a whole pint 150 calories...heck yes!

Also you can get little individual pie crusts and fill with yogurt and freeze (key lime yogurt the best)...it's like a little key lime pie.

I also love pretzel m&ms. Stats really aren't that bad for them. 150 cals and only 5g fat for whole bag.
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    hope this helps!
    tumblr_mldktpzg0v1sovuy5o1_500.jpg

also - it's a good idea to eat a combo of carbs and protein for a late night snack.
    and also watch your calorie intake.
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! There are seriously some great ideas here!
  • samcat2000
    samcat2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    hope this helps!
    tumblr_mldktpzg0v1sovuy5o1_500.jpg

also - it's a good idea to eat a combo of carbs and protein for a late night snack.
    and also watch your calorie intake.

these look awesome...trying them tomorrow! thx for posting :).