Activia Greek Yogurt is GARBAGE

Options

Replies

• rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Options
    Nasty, I actually bought some cheater yoplait smoothie packs in the frozen isle once, mostly just to try it rather then my normal frozen berries + fage + rice dream combo.

I still kick myself for buying two without reading the label. The numbers weren't too horrible but it was LOADED with fake sugar. I gagged a bit when I first took a sip of it. Way to sweet and kinda nasty with a chemical taste.

Smoothies should not include anything but fruit + yogurt + liquid (juice/milk/soy/rice).
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    One thing that does drive me crazy with yogurt in general - it's almost always either full fat or fat free! Per my dietitian, I need to always have some fat in my meals and snacks. One snack I do like is a yogurt, but there is almost no middle ground on the fat, and so few flavors that I like that are in that low fat category when I can find it. Rawr!

Sounds like Fage 2% is what you want... And they are delicious :) and from cows not given rbgh!
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    YURK!
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Fage 2% is what you want... And they are delicious :) and from cows not given rbgh!

Yes, all that! And soooooooo expensive! :-(
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    When I still bought yogurt I always checked the label first. I was very picky about what yogurt to buy. Now I just find a good plain yogurt and make my own. I've made three or four batches already (reusing the old batch to make the new) and now I need to go buy more yogurt because it's becoming runny.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

Worth it.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My choice of greek yogurts are Fage or Chobani....that's about it so far...haven't found any better yet....but always looking for better!!:smile:
    same.... Those are the best!
  • Stumbleine
    Stumbleine Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had Voskos? The Blended Honey flavor is amazing. My other fave is Chobani.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% is amazing and delicious!!!!
  • charsauce
    Options
    Yes! Thought I was the only one that thought this. They advertise it to be so GOOD for you.

I'll stick to my Dannon Fat Free Greek Yogurt.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

Costco sells plain Fage 0% in a 4 cup container for $5. It's much more economical than $1.25 or $1.50 for 6 ounces.
  • MissChyna
    MissChyna Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Lol...I hear you! I am not a fan of the Dannon or Yoplait version of Greek yogurt....
    Chobani All Day ^_^
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I like Oikos Greek yogurt as well. I prefer it with fresh pineapple slices or some strawberry slices. Yum!

And I resent the Acitivia commercials. They try so hard to make it look healthy...but it's an epic fail when you read the label.
  • ultamithuli524
    Options
    Dannon also makes LIGHT AND FIT GREEK YOGURT ONLY 80 CALORIES It has most of the benefits of Activia and very low in sugar
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fage is the best!!! This coming from a girl who REFUSED to eat yogurt. It's the only kind I will eat, and I feel rather lost when I don't/cant have it. Case in point: Went to DC for a vacation, so I had a whole week w/o my beloved Fage... I was an unhappy girl, and my tummy was even more unhappy.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Dannon also makes LIGHT AND FIT GREEK YOGURT ONLY 80 CALORIES It has most of the benefits of Activia and very low in sugar

It's not terrible either. Which is as good as yogurt gets. LOL
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I love my Chobani, but I thought I'd buy ONE new Activia Greek yogurt for giggles...ahem....other than the fact that it has 190 calories in it....it has TWENTY NINE GRAMS OF SUGAR! 34 GRAMS OF CARBS! What??????????? Pass this one by folks. Dannon should be ashamed!

This, and it doesn't really taste like Greek yogurt. It's not as good as the real thing! Although I do like chobani.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    rachel's organic >>>>>
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You're never going to succeed at getting diabetes with an attitude like that.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I stick with Fage or Chobani. Every other brand pales in comparison! Chobani 2% is far superior to their 0%, IMHO. Better flavors, plus it's creamier, and the calorie difference is usually ~20/cup, plus I think the extra fat is good sometimes.