Six months of fitness; 3 months of MFP!

Options
I started my fitness journey 6 months ago when I was looking to become more active. With 3 young children (5.5, 3, and 20 months), it was becoming hard to exercise, so I joined the Y and made it part of my routine (at first, just 2-3 days a week). Mid-January is when I joined this site and really kicked it up a notch, doing daily cardio, logging calories, and upping my strength training. March 7th, I added pushups, and about 3 or so weeks ago I switched from modified to regular pushups (I went from 10 regular ones to now doing several sets of 20-25 -- this has been the best tip for helping my core out).

So many people on here have inspired me, and I am so happy I've met some great friends who continue to cheer me on.

My TDEE is 2113... but I usually net 1800 calories the end of the day.

ETA: forgot to add what I do. 32 minutes on the elliptical 7 days a week. I wear a HRM to keep me motivated and moving... I keep the HR at 161 or higher. Pushups daily, and strength training (Cybex machines 3 days a week).

I have lost inches, especially off my waist.

Here's my, "yay, I feel strong" pic! LOL ... and below, some comparison ones. I went from not being toned much at all to being much more toned (although I'm sure I can do more, and continue to work on my goals on a daily basis).

042113_muscle1_zps3bb92fdd.jpg

New_front_compare_zps7a3a58e9.jpg

New_side_compare_zps377ffdfb.jpg

new_rear_compare_zps88d9e75a.jpg

The rear one kind-of got cut off, so here's another:
042113_rear1_zps794d30bc.jpg
042113_front1_zps6abf8343.jpg
042113_side1_zps3b39adf6.jpg

Replies

• ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! You looked good before but you can defiantly see how toned you have gotten. Great job!
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great job hunny!!! <3
  • wendyhill161
    Options
    You look wonderful
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW....you look great before and even more amazing after...I can definitely see the definition and tightness as you progressed...Great work!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You have a great body :) you can defs see that you have gotten tighter!!

also, can i ask how tall you are?
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!

I am 5'7"

Starting weight was 124-125... I got up to 130-131 around Christmas. Now I'm back down to 124-125 but feel noticeably firmer. I think I was "skinny fat" before. LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!