How often and how long do some of you work out for?

Replies

• Never more than an hour. Usually 30 minutes of strength training with my trainer and 20 minutes of cardio.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    6 days a week. Weight lifting 2-3x a week followed by 30 min. cardio. Zumba 2x a week, 60 min. Piyo 1x a week, 60 min. Depending on my plans, i'll sometimes follow up zumba & piyo with more cardio. I'm at the gym for 1.5-2hrs usually. I love working out.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    That's fine!
    I workout 6x a week, cardio/strength training!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,089 Member
    ride to work, abut 3/12mi, downhill, uphill going home. then to gym to do a class, go to work, then ride home. workout everyday, saturday tends to be 1-1/2 to 2hr wrkout day. starting tomorrow, schedule is changing so i will have 2-3hours to kill before going to work in the morning
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    20 minutes walking to the gym when it's nice.. 60-90 minutes of lifting 20 minutes walk back.

It was 55 degrees.. so too cold to walk. 2+ hours of lifting.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    1 hr. spin 3x/week
    1 hr. bootcamp 1x/week
    1 hr. TRX 2x/week
    1 hr. run 6x/week

So I work out 2 hours a day, split up, and take a rest day once a week
  • it is suggested that every one get at least 10,000 steps per day. it takes me 2.5 hours to get my 10,000 daily but by the end of the day I have close to 15,000 because I do not stop until I have my 10,000 steps then the rest of the day is icing on the cake.
  • wiseeliz
    wiseeliz Posts: 50 Member
    30-45 minutes of cardio, 5-6 days per week
    ~30 minutes of weights, 2-3 days per week

Before I really built up my stamina to run, I would sometimes go longer on cardio (45-60 minutes) during a few of my workouts to get my calorie burn up, but now that I can actually run for (what I feel is) an acceptable length of time, I don't usually go more than 45 minutes.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I'm working out everyday. An hour on the tread mill and 30 mins doing a bunch of different stuff. Is it too much? How often do some of ya work out for and how long?

On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, I am in the gym doing weight lifting for about 45-60 minutes. On Wednesdays and Saturdays, I do cardio at home for about 45 minutes. On Sundays, I do light cardio/active recovery from anywhere from 30-60 minutes, but it is low impact and less of a calorie burn than anything else I do.

I would personally recommend against doing daily cardio, simply because that is what created my former "skinny fat" body. With more weight lifting and more rest (and thus less cardio) I was able to shape my body into what is today which is stronger, leaner, and with higher endurance. But on the other hand, if you are eating enough to sustain those workouts (TDEE-20% or more calories for weight loss) and getting plenty of sleep and not feeling any ill effects, than why change because someone on the internet said so?
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Constantly moving at work as I own a training facility for cheerleading/ tumbling. Like to do 1 hour of Zumba/cardio 4xweek and weight train 1 hour twice a week. Rest day 1 day or if I feel like I need one
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    I think anything more than 4 days a week is too much, but I'm kinda lazy.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    I do StrongLifts 3x/week for just under an hour/session.

I also do anywhere from 2-4 days of mild/moderate cardio ranging from 20-60 minutes/run - depending on my mood, weather, etc.
  • 6 days a week for me! I take Sunday off but do 30 minutes cardio (running) 5 days a week during my lunch hour and I have started the Beach Body Slim in 6 program that runs 6 days a week (Monday - Saturday) in the evenings. So really it is 1 hour a day/ 6 days a week. I am seeing results so it's working for me :-)
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    I run 4 days a week, usually 30-40 minutes during the the week and my long run is about 2 hours on Saturday or Sunday. And I do 30 minutes of kettlebells twice a week. I also add in yoga, pilates and danced based stretching a few times a week.
  • Rado_SVK
    Rado_SVK Posts: 442 Member
    I think anything more than 4 days a week is too much, but I'm kinda lazy.
    LoL you have no idea what you are talking about.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    12 times a month 2 hrs each time...
  • croooz
    croooz Posts: 48 Member
    Heavy weights twice a week. I might start leisurely walking now that it's warming up. I don't believe in chronic cardio unless the person enjoys it, otherwise it just opens up your appetite and that "runner's high" is a release of endorphins that affects cortisol levels, which ain't good. I'll add sprinting once or twice a week in another few weeks. If you find your level of activity and frequency to your liking and it's working then keep going. I just found the rebound after I stopped the chronic cardio was worse for me but that's me.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Depends what I am doing sometimes It will be 30 minutes and sometimes it will be an hour and 15 minutes
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Every. Single. Day.

Roughly one hour per day, divided up into mobility, strength, and conditioning work.
  • Bentleymama86
    Bentleymama86 Posts: 89 Member
    I work out everyday. 2 hours of cardio, 20-45 minutes of strength. I'm feeling pretty good, and I make sure I eat at least 1600 cals a day.