Working out and eating healthy but not losing weight

Options
I eat 1500-1600 calories a day. I'm currently doing a beachbody program called turbofire.
It's a bunch of cardio and interval training. And you workout 6x a week. With most workouts I burn 500-700 + calories.
I work from home so I don't get a lot of activity, besides working out. I've been gaining and losing the same few lbs over and over for the last several months. Why am I not losing weight?
I'm getting really frustrated..!!!!

Replies

• aronao
    aronao Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, your intake is only 1000+ and that's too low. Look up the threads here about TDEE and BMR and how to calculate a target caloric range that is appropriate for your height/weight/age etc.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Also, are you certain you're not taking in more calories than you think? I've found that in the past I was always underestimating my consumption by 150-200calories until I got a kitchen scale. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I agree with both previous posters. Weigh and measure - you would be surprised at what real servings look like. Also, you need to be NETTING your 1500-1600 calories, which means eating back the ones you earned through exercise. :flowerforyou:
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Agree with above also do measurements. Ive been on the same weight for 2wks but have losted 14cm before that I losted 1kg and losted 25.9cm. So use a measuring tape too could be muscle :)
  • rosiez321
    rosiez321 Posts: 14
    Options
    I know how you feel. I just completed my first week and I did not lose anything. I do water aerobics 2-3 times a week, count my calories, drink my water and nothing. I have lost inches though. Keep up the good work and maybe you will start losing.
  • Gangwolf
    Gangwolf Posts: 40
    Options
    What does your body look like? Muscle weighs x4 times as much as fat. If your body is improving but you aren't losing weight, it could be that you've burned away fat but gained muscle. A better test might be a skinfold or a BMI or something which isn't strictly related to the scale. (I have the same problem, incidentally)
  • runfreddyrun
    runfreddyrun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    if the OP is eating their TDEE - xx% for a deficit then they should not be eating back their exercise calories. this drives me nuts when this is the default answer for everything.

i use HeyBales XLS and i should be eating 1550 calories a day, including my exercise calories.

ask additional questions of the OP before just giving default answers that may work in your own situation.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    probably not eating enough.

yeah, after checking your diary..

you aren't eating back your exercise cals. You NEED those when you're working out that much.
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Ill start eating more I pray this will work for me.
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    your sodium intake seems very high this will cause fluid retention ... and poses more serious health risks down the line..
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    What does your body look like? Muscle weighs x4 times as much as fat.
    Err no it doesn't unless it's defying the laws of Physics a pound of fat is the same as a pound of muscle.
  • Thebetterman1
    Options

you aren't eating back your exercise cals. You NEED those when you're working out that much.
    But I've read that you don't eat back your calories if you're using TDEE - % . Is this true?
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You're eating a lot of pre packaged meals and they are LOADED with sodium and preservatives. Replace those meals with real food. You're probably retaining a ton of water weight.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

But I've read that you don't eat back your calories if you're using TDEE - % . Is this true?
    where did the OP say anything at all about following TDEE?
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    How precise are you about measuring food? There are some foods where the difference between a level tbsp and a heaped one are 100 or more calories (peanut butter, mayonnaise etc)
    Also look at your macros - maybe increasing protein might help you build muscle, which in turn will help losing weight down the road....
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Have you measured because the scale isnt nice to me either but I have lost a lot of dress sizes went from a 16 to a 10 and my tummy looks better and dont even get me started on my legs!!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You are either eating too little, or not measuring properly and subsequently eating more than you think. For either, I would try to measure precisely for a while, and make sure to log the weekends too. Try to hit your MFP goals - you are 500 - 1000 calories under often. If you do these and still aren't losing weight in a few weeks, then reduce your calories by 10%-20% and see how that works.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Before you start eating more try sticking to your calorie goal, log everything and keep an eye on servings. If nothing changes after that then up your calories.
  • cmmdance
    cmmdance Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1400 - 1600 calories a day, work out every day, burn about 200-500 calories, and I have only lost 5 lbs in 3 months. I looked at my measurements and I have lost a total of 15.5 inches overall (4 in the waist, 3 in the chest, 3 in my hips, etc.) So I don't worry too much about the number on the scale but the overall numbers that include my inches lost. II figure that I must be doing something right if my measurements showing a loss.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    What does your body look like? Muscle weighs x4 times as much as fat.
    Err no it doesn't unless it's defying the laws of Physics a pound of fat is the same as a pound of muscle.

It is denser though and I think everyone who posts "muscle weighs more than fat" knows that 1lb of fat weights the same as 1lb as muscle but it just takes up less space.