Don't be that guy...

Options
Snow3y
Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
Just a little advice to those who do things that annoy others... guys or girls..
For instance;

Don't be that guy/girl who HAS to ask something during the middle of a set..

Go :)

Replies

• Mikemax125
    Mikemax125 Posts: 108
    Options
    This is why I wear the biggest pair of headphones I own so they know im not to be bothered lol
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    don't be that guy/girl who walks into the gym in their "warm up gear", with a cell phone permenantly attached to your ear, even during sets/treadmill/elliptical. If you can talk, you're not working hard enough.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Don't be the guy/girl that pays way too much attention to what other people are doing at the gym and gets annoyed by everything.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Don't be that guy/girl who sits in the leg press rack texting or picking a song while you move your legs maybe 3 inches.

If you aren't leaving a dent in the seat cushion you are wasting your time.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Don't be that guy that doesn't re-rack the weights
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i haven't read all the way down.. so not sure if this is there already...

don't be that guy/girl (.. usually guys though!) that feels the need to stand by others and protein fart all over the shop!
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Don't be that guy that doesn't re-rack the weights

oh my days this! the other day someone didn't put the oly bar back on the rack and i walked into it and smashed my shin!
  • Snow3y
    Options
    Don't be that guy who doesn't wipe his *kitten* properly before going to gym :L
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    my main issues at the gym are machine hoggers, the ones sat doing jack *kitten* but siting on the machines or hoarding a bunch of difference free weight equitment to use later on in their work out. If you don't need it in the next 5 mins then don't hoard it.

And the starers, the creepers who look at you for too long when doing a set, sure they might be looking to see how it;s done but I don't care, stop staring at me or you will geta poke in the eye.

Other than that I don't care what anyone else does at the gym, if you want to come do the minimum whilst reading on your kindle then up to you, as long as you are not doing one of the things listed above, we all good.
  • LoriB57
    LoriB57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I live in a condo with basic gym equipment (NICE!) Very annoying to find the bench in the middle of the room surrounded by 45 & 50lb weights...on the floor!! Please..if you can lift them, why not rerack them? And WE KNOW YOU DON'T WIPE YOUR SWEAT OFF THE BENCH...someday I will meet "that guy'' ! Maybe DNA testing for the slob!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Don't be THAT guy that makes these threads where people lose hope in humanity because by the end of it, you realize that anything and everything you do can be considered annoying
  • Snow3y
    Options
    Don't be that ASKhole.. When you ask people questions, they give you their time and effort to explain, then you go and do the complete opposite or not listen
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Don't be THAT guy that makes these threads where people lose hope in humanity because by the end of it, you realize that anything and everything you do can be considered annoying

Don't be that guy pushing red pills.
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    don't be that guy who takes things WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. LOL
  • Darmonatrix
    Options
    This is why I wear the biggest pair of headphones I own so they know im not to be bothered lol
    Me too. me myself and i.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Don't curl next to me...
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    dont be the wannabe tough guy that refuses to ask for a spot then almost kills himself
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hate it when there is a group of guys all congregating around the one machine that I need to get to to finish my workout. Fair enough if it was just one guy but it's like five or six meaning they are hogging the machine for 30-40mins so nobody else can get in there.
  • doty0815
    doty0815 Posts: 68
    Options
    Dont be that GIRL that gets on the treadmill next to me when Im all red and sweaty going at 3.0 at a 8.0 incline and your walking at a 1.0 checking FACEBOOK! Get off the machine and get away from me!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Don't be that guy who doesn't wipe his *kitten* properly before going to gym :L

But it is OK to not wipe properly if you're NOT going to the gym?