Gained 5 pounds in a week!

13»

Replies

• HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Or.... your initial loss was mostly water because you eat very low cal/low sodium usually?
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Monday you said you were sick. Did you by chance have a lot of soup that day? Would account for extra sodium intake. Also are you eating back your workout calories? Burning that much calories in a day/week, your body could of slowed down your metabulism.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    had a cheat meal Sunday, no exercise. and not much on Monday because I was sick. A CHEAT MEAL ???????????
    U DONt do cheat meaLS AND EVERY CALORIE HAS TO BE ACCOUNTED FOR

What?

I don't even...

Yes, every calorie has to be accounted for. However, many MANY people have what they call a "cheat" meal on a specific day of the week. As long as their weekly calories are still at a deficit, they will lose weight.

And 1400 calories... who are you to decide what they should be eating? Do you know their stats? Why is 1400 the "magic" number?
  • In addition to the possible sodium water weight thing, check your calendar. We womenfolk tend to have monthly cyclical weight fluctuations.

Was gonna say the same, check your monthly cycle. I can gain loads on 'those' weeks !
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Okay, so I'm lost. I work my butt off every single day. I usually burn over 1,000 calories a day. This week there was one day I burned only 300. I had a cheat meal Sunday, no exercise. and not much on Monday because I was sick. But besides that, I did perfect! I ate good, worked out, have been doing normal things I've been doing to drop 7 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm 5'3, a female, weigh 135. The scale this morning said I weighed 140. WTF?!?!? So demotivating and have no idea why :( help?!?
    What is your daily calorie goal, and do you meet it? Do you eat back exercise cals, especially burning over 1000 cals a day - and what exercise do you do that burns that much? And how long have you been trying to lose?

Need more info. :smile:
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Okay, so I'm lost. I work my butt off every single day. I usually burn over 1,000 calories a day. This week there was one day I burned only 300. I had a cheat meal Sunday, no exercise. and not much on Monday because I was sick. But besides that, I did perfect! I ate good, worked out, have been doing normal things I've been doing to drop 7 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm 5'3, a female, weigh 135. The scale this morning said I weighed 140. WTF?!?!? So demotivating and have no idea why :( help?!?

in order for you to gain 5lbs in a week (7Days) .. you would have to intake 2500 additional cals over your TDEE for 7 days straight .. if you did .. impressive .. but i doubt you did ... prob, water, sodium, etc ..

So true. And an impressive feat indeed. Not even one I could pull off on my heaviest eating weeks.
  • Monday you said you were sick. Did you by chance have a lot of soup that day? Would account for extra sodium intake. Also are you eating back your workout calories? Burning that much calories in a day/week, your body could of slowed down your metabulism.

No, I did not. And no I don't. Should I?