How often do you weigh in?

Options
Just a question. How often do you weigh in. I used to do WW so I am used to once a week but I wouldn't mind doing more often. Does weighing in every day help you stay on track? Thanks!

Replies

• jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh in every day. Keeps me accountable and it's nice to see how different foods and things affect my weight.
  • wizwitch
    wizwitch Posts: 82
    Options
    I like to weigh in every day. Keeps me accountable and it's nice to see how different foods and things affect my weight.

^^ I do the same
  • once a week if had bad week 2weeks xx
  • grandma0561
    grandma0561 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh in at home every Wednesday right out of the shower (want to get as close as possible to weight loss (: however I step on the scale everyday 2-3 times!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Since weight tends to fluctuate day to day, I would rather weigh in once a week. Any more than that I become too obsessed with the scale.
  • ericasturn
    ericasturn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, same day same time............
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have been a daily weigher since I started this journey over a year ago....but recently I've decided to put the scale away for a while - so I'm planning on weighing monthly....but f you are just starting out, go with weekly and just be aware of normal fluctuations. :flowerforyou:
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week (Tuesday, first thing in the morning). It gives my body some time to settle. I tend to fluctuate a few pounds throughout the day so only once a week is more accurate.
  • babydoll789
    Options
    I aim to weigh myself at least once a week but usually end up doing it more often than that :-) ♥
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every single morning. It helps me stay accountable for the day.

I would be lying if didn't tell you I weighed in every single night before bed. Not because I am obsessed (you could call it that) but because I always get an idea of what my morning weigh in will be by the night time weigh in.

With that being said, I do not let whatever the scale says bother me. If I am up, I work hard to get that number back down. If I am down, I celebrate.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    NO do not weigh in every day
    i weigh in once a week- on monday in the morning
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stop weighing. I've been maintaining the same weight for a while now and today I was 2lb heavier. I've lost 2 inches from chest and hips and half an inch off bum and thighs recently, so I'm going to measure, especially as I'm getting to the toning stages.

I usually weigh in once a week (Monday) to see the damage of the weekend lol x
  • dlcarroll13
    dlcarroll13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and track using an APP called "Libra Weight" on my phone. It shows the trend (downward) and helps me to keep from getting frustrated on those days of fluctuation. :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

I try to do the same but I often forget to lol
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Every time after a big morning "relief"
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Weigh myself first thing every morning, but only log it once per week.
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, on Modays at the Extention Office because they have a Dr scale.
    I bought a brand new scale but it never gives the right weight and never has, no matter how much I mess with it and fix it.
    So Monday mornings I get up and let the dogs out and have my morning smoke and diet soda then let the dogs back in and head out to the Extention Office and weigh in :)
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I personal weigh myself every morning and every evening, but I only take 'official' weigh-ins once a week. I use it to see trends with myself. It's not for everyone though. I know not to get flustered with the changing numbers though. I know when to expect changes and such.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    i usually get an urge to weigh myself everyday but usually do it about 3 times a week, i only really take notice of my weight on my weigh in day, thats the important one. the problem is your weight will go up or down through the week so if you weigh yourself too much you might get dissapointed if you are a pound heavier than the day before.
  • queenwildcat
    Options
    Every Friday morning on the scales in the wrestling room at home...the most reliable scales I know. ;)