What do you wear when you run? for the bigger girls

Options
currently wearing two sports bras but my problem is my lower half wondering what everyone wears or started with before they lost weight? the flapping is very discouraging when i run :(

Replies

• salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have to wear spanx tank tops and really tight yoga pants (i'm short so i pull them up high and the muffin top explosion is contained)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Your lower half does the wondering for you?

That's interesting . . .
  • stacey2525
    stacey2525 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    my lower half does alot of things
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Please explain this lower half "flapping". That doesn't sound right at all.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about butt and thigh jiggle? If so, wear compression tights, capris, or shorts, depending on weather. Also, get the right bra and you don't need to wear two.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I wear anything from Champion to NIke. I love the Nike tempo shorts and Nike compression tights (if you can find the right size - its really tough to fit the waist band). I also like Target Champion brand capris. I wish I could tell you the style on them because they are super comfy even in the heat of the day. I tend to go a little cheaper on the outside clothing and splurge on a comfy bra that does the job (UnderArmor is great). Old Navy also has some decent athletic wear. I'd go to a sports store and try on anything that struck my fancy. Jump around the fitting room and move and see how you like the feel. Good luck to you!
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Everything flops on me when I jog. Upper half of the body and the lower half of the body. I wear my tighter fitting clothing to help me stay contained.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    tummy? tuck it in!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I run in jeans. I probably jiggle but honestly I don't pay any attention. Whatever. For me jeans are perfectly comfortable and I live in a cold climate so I don't over heat. :)

Sorry I can't help more!
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a great pair of yoga pants made by New Balance that I got for Christmas last year (see my profile pic - the black pants). They hold me in and don't roll over from the movement/pressure, etc. I completed my first race ever (an 8k) in April and they didn't let me down! As far as tops I do Nike sportsbras and underarmour tight tops to compress and stop the jiggling, with large tshirts over to feel comfortable and not have to be self conscious about showing anything I don't want seen!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    panache sports bra, compression pants, compression tank or shirt.

i can't work out in loose fitting clothing AT ALL. it just feels wrong
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I wear an Anita extreme hold bra to control the top, and Old Navy compression capris to control the bottom.
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Check out titlenine.com for running bras--someone recently sent me there, and I bought one I loved so much I just ordered another. I run in Skins A400 compression pants. My jiggle had gone away a while ago, but the compression pants help my hamstrings and IT band too, so it's a win/win. Nothing's moving anywhere in A400's.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I got rid of using two sports bras when I found this one. Glamorise Women's No Bounce Full Support Sports Bra. I bought it at Lane Bryant but now order them through amazon. I am 40DDD but order the 40DD and the girls are secure. Very little bounce when I am running or other activities that would cause them to move around a lot.

As for the lower half, I dont have any jiggle (that I notice) there but I do get rubbing thighs when wearing shorts. I wear the compression shorts sold at target. This will help keeping the rest from jiggling too I would imagine.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Helpful info for the day I can finally run! Thanks everyone :flowerforyou:

Slainte :drinker:
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I wear the same things now as I did when I started this-- a good sprots bra (I'm a DD and I like the Champion brand at Target-- affordable and works great), a t shirt, and some yoga pants or sweats.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Clothes is generally a good start.

Compression pants/tank work wonders though.
  • dtyungu_slim
    dtyungu_slim Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    lol muffin top explosion
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra, compression tank top and tight capri pants and a shirt over that so no one sees my rolls LOL.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Black capri leggings that are snug enough to keep my lower half from causing any seismic distress, but not so snug as too look even remotely hoochie-mama ish, paired with a really supportive Lane Bryant bra, and a loose-fitting tank tunic that's just long enough to cover my gut.