Bench Press
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Mine would be:

Bench
    Squat
    Bent over barbell row

I chose the row over the deadlift because of the arm and back contraction while still working the posterior chain.
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    I need to add some strength training! If you only had time to do 3 exercises, what would they be (excluding core work)?

I'm excluding core work because I already consider it a priority - on that note, what are your favorite core excercises?

My usual cardio includes walking most days, Zumba class on 2 days, and xbox Kinect Zumba on 1 or 2 days when I don't have my Zumba class. I definately need some upper-body work!

Thanks all,

Bonnie Jo

This is a trick question right? There are only 3 lifts anyway. Squat, Bench and Deadlift. Everything else is just for fun
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    Dumbbell Bicep Curl
    Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks
    Dumbbell Bicep Hammer
    Dumbbell Tricep Extension

I know you said three but it was hard to not write more...LOL

I will pray for you
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You'll need a push, a pull, and a lower body exercise. For lower body, squats are just fine. For pulling, rows or pullups. For pushing, dips or pushups. Bam, full body workout, 3 exercises.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Noticed no one is saying lunges I dont know anything really about lifting ( hell I didnt even know the bar was weighted) is there a better one I do squats not ure what a deadlift is and some machine I look lost in the gym most of the time lol

nevermind I do rember what a deadlift is...hits forhead sorry feelig brain dead
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    1. Clean and Jerk(or Press)
    2. Deadlifts
    3. Bench Press
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Also, as it has been noted previously in the thread, most of the best strength building programs only have you focusing on 3 exercises per workout.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Also, as it has been noted previously in the thread, most of the best strength building programs only have you focusing on 3 exercises per workout.

Meh. Plenty don't. But a bunch of the popular ones on here for beginners follow that paradigm (and there's nothing wrong with it).
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks people for all the responses!
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Deadlift, Squat, Bench.

This. But I'd find time to do pull-ups too.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5