Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'll be fine, thanks!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Get it checked. The quicker you act, the less invasive the treatment options. The longer you wait, the more time you've wasted worrying about something that might not be cancer....

This ^^^

Better to have your temple biopsied than to lose your life.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi just back to thank those who gave advice and for those that asked me to come back to say what happened well I got it checked to day and yes it's a skin cancer but it's small and it is a basal cell carcinoma which is the type to not spread to your lymph nodes and yes you can die from it but not when I've found it so soon. So thanks all!

So glad that you went! Kudos for facing your fears and prayers for your healthy future!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    there must be some pretty solid reasons for u to think u have this. go see a dr.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    you're prolly fine.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Lost my best friend to melanoma at age 31... boy, do I regret all the time we spent outside getting a savage tan when we were in high school.

Go to the doctor. Now.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    Hi just back to thank those who gave advice and for those that asked me to come back to say what happened well I got it checked to day and yes it's a skin cancer but it's small and it is a basal cell carcinoma which is the type to not spread to your lymph nodes and yes you can die from it but not when I've found it so soon. So thanks all!

*thumbs up* I am glad you went.

I am currently living a nightmare as I watch my mom waste away from small cell lung cancer (yes, she smoked). Early detection is KEY with cancer. I hope your treatment goes well.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    there must be some pretty solid reasons for u to think u have this. go see a dr.

I don't "think" I have it. I do have it. I saw the skin doctor today.

I live in the skin cancer capital of the world by the way. It's very common here.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I saw something at the end of 1996 that did not look right and it was the first time I noticed it. Turned out it was malignant melanoma of a mole that I had my entire life. My doctor told me the fact that I did not wait or put it off meant that treatment was a lot easier AND that it probably saved my life.

Lesson learned...
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Just had 4 spots taken off of my fair white girl face about 5 days ago. Actually, all four spots look GREAT-- better than they have in quite a while!

Oh, and my dad died of a skin cancer on his fair white man bald head that metastacized in his brain.

Get your *kitten* to the doctor. And your face, too.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Just had 4 spots taken off of my fair white girl face about 5 days ago. Actually, all four spots look GREAT-- better than they have in quite a while!

Oh, and my dad died of a skin cancer on his fair white man bald head that metastacized in his brain.

I just went!!! read my last couple of comments lol
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options

I just went!!! read my last couple of comments lol

Sometimes with long threads, it's hard to read through ALL of the posts!
    Good for you!
  • HoosierBecky
    HoosierBecky Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you went and everything is being taken care of. And thanks for letting us know how it turned out.:smile:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Phew! Thanks for updating us! :heart: