Looking for some non-discriminatory, tolerant friends.

Options

Replies

• BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Okay so out of this thread I gained a new friend who is an intermittent faster...which I have always wanted to see how that worked. And someone who I think has the funniest post of the thread. So I am happy regardless! Now if I could just get a green gay alien robot friend I'd have a trifecta. :)
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You are discriminating against my beliefs, and I apparently am discriminating against your beliefs. I don't see how what I am doing is wrong if what you are doing isn't wrong.

Not that you're going to believe me, but it is entirely possible that she made this thread without ever looking at yours. Not saying that's the case, but it is possible as "Looking for some ____ friends" is hardly a unique title. Also, she never posted in your topic and certainly never said "non-discriminatory NONCHRISTIAN friends". In fact as I recall she said any religion. If you want to, I'm sure that means you as well.

While I don't blame you for being defensive as some of the comments in your topic were just plain rude (and I apologize on behalf of all humanity for the trolls, but we're kinda stuck with them), you seem to be taking this very personally. However, I understand how you feel and I'm sorry you've been subjected to some nastiness today. Try to see the good in those that are left. I swear we're not all monsters.

She actually did comment on mine. I'm not really angry, but kind of hurt. I'm totally being discriminated against. :wink:

... I don't know what she said, but I don't think this thread is necessarily in retaliation, I just think that saying "___________ friends only" (insert religion, race, sexuality, gender, sex, political beliefs, etc) here is like saying "if you don't believe what I believe we can't learn anything from each other about fitness/lifestyle/etc". This thread is just saying everyone can learn from each other....
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Must be any gender, any age, any religion, any ethnic/cultural background and have a diverse array of opinions.

Who's with me? ;)

I'm open to friend requests from anyone. Unfortunately, I don't meet the requirements. :grumble:

I'm only one age and gender and no religion. :sad:
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You are discriminating against my beliefs, and I apparently am discriminating against your beliefs. I don't see how what I am doing is wrong if what you are doing isn't wrong.

Not that you're going to believe me, but it is entirely possible that she made this thread without ever looking at yours. Not saying that's the case, but it is possible as "Looking for some ____ friends" is hardly a unique title. Also, she never posted in your topic and certainly never said "non-discriminatory NONCHRISTIAN friends". In fact as I recall she said any religion. If you want to, I'm sure that means you as well.

While I don't blame you for being defensive as some of the comments in your topic were just plain rude (and I apologize on behalf of all humanity for the trolls, but we're kinda stuck with them), you seem to be taking this very personally. However, I understand how you feel and I'm sorry you've been subjected to some nastiness today. Try to see the good in those that are left. I swear we're not all monsters.

She actually did comment on mine. I'm not really angry, but kind of hurt. I'm totally being discriminated against. :wink:

You might need some tougher skin. Really, just let it go. If you don't, it'll just make you frustrated and looking a bit silly.

TL;DR I CAN'T GO TO BED! SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Okay so out of this thread I gained a new friend who is an intermittent faster...which I have always wanted to see how that worked. And someone who I think has the funniest post of the thread. So I am happy regardless! Now if I could just get a green gay alien robot friend I'd have a trifecta. :)

Dammit! I would friend request you, but I'm not gay. Green alien robot, though.
  • SexyDexie
    SexyDexie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me. I can always use more friends
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    ME - I need more friends for the encouragement and I want to do the same for any and all of you.
  • sphommavanh
    Options
    Hey everybody feel free to add me. i'm on here everyday with my bodymedia number counting.
  • BOOMaggedon
    Options
    Well I got a Green friend out of this thread too. I am assuming there are no gay robots so I will just open up the flood gates to anyone now. :) A very productive thread to say the least!
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I only add people that are left handed.

I'm left handed!!

... and right ...

Would this mean that if you added me for my left handedness, you'd have to turn around and delete me because I am right handed as well?

Man, being ambidextrous SUX !!
  • BOOMaggedon
    Options

Dammit! I would friend request you, but I'm not gay. Green alien robot, though.

I just got a green but a robot...I need a robot! I will send a request!
  • giselle71
    giselle71 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm with you girlfriend! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Jeffdawn64
    Jeffdawn64 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for extra encouragement, you can all me :O:
  • Amandastan
    Options
    I love this post after reading the post about christian friends. I am not a christian by the way.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    im also still pretty fat, despite my weightloss... i hope this doesnt result in my deletion...

I SENT YOU A FRIEND REQUEST, MOFO, ACCEPT ME! That was by far the best message I ever sent with one. Don't let it go to waste.

haha serious?

i havent got it??

DKSHOFOWEHNRLFNLKDOSIHAFOHNA

I'm going to have to type it all again.

I don't know if this applies to yours but friend requests with words that would be censored in the forums won't go through.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking for tasty friends who fit my macros
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    im also still pretty fat, despite my weightloss... i hope this doesnt result in my deletion...

I SENT YOU A FRIEND REQUEST, MOFO, ACCEPT ME! That was by far the best message I ever sent with one. Don't let it go to waste.

haha serious?

i havent got it??

I don't know if this applies to yours but friend requests with words that would be censored in the forums won't go through.

Seriously?! That's why?! Not cool, MFP, not cool.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Must be any gender, any age, any religion, any ethnic/cultural background and have a diverse array of opinions.

Who's with me? ;)

I'm in :)
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options

haha serious?

i havent got it??

Seriously?! That's why?! Not cool, MFP, not cool.

omg, so what you actually wrote was more obscene than what i got in the end?!?! :bigsmile: