Alcohol made me do it....

Options

Replies

• andieellengreen
    andieellengreen Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    EVERY time I drink I binge! Its horrific, I think ih ill have all this crap because then hopefully I wont have a hangover tomorrow and it will soak up the alcohol in my stomach. Not true, I wake up with a stonking hangover and so much regret and disgust about what I actually managed to fit into my body :/ I tried the no alchol attempt but my whole social life revolves around alcohol and going out. My try for next weekend is to just not drink as much (she says now) or what I have thought many times is to include what alcohol I plan to drink into my daily calorie allowance and use the rest of it up on a big filling dinner then only eat half of it and save the other half for when im drunk and wanting to eat! Not tried it yet but think it might be a good idea?
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I can do that WITHOUT the wine:embarassed: You'll recover. All will be well, go forth and binge no more....or at least for a little while:bigsmile:
  • aquaventure
    Options
    Thankfully, I don't usually binge after drinking but I do take in way too many calories with just the alcohol or wine. I also seem to have a problem stopping after 1 even when I promise myself the sun and the moon! May be it's time for me to climb back on the wagon and dry out a bit again?!?!?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    gotta love late night what a burger runs after a night of beer and shots...god that makes me feel like crap in the am...
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    If every day were like today... You'd weigh ____lbs in 5 weeks ...what was the #?!?!?!?!?!
    :bigsmile:
  • forevertree
    Options
    You know I used to do that all the time. One glass, two bottles...what I found helpful was to track how many calories I had left for the day (prior to drinking) and if I saved enough calories, I would have a glass of wine; in saying that, I have healthy snacks around the house such as "sugar peas/snap peas" (perfect munch and give you a "fake" sugar rush. I also have low calorie weight watchers...and my favorite (when I tried to lose weight for my wedding) was sugar-free ice pops. I ate like 15 and it gave me that self-destruction satisfaction without the guilt!
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't drink and eat, but if I'm hungover, watch out. Foodfest!
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    This and many other reasons are why I don't drink, being an addict alcohol is extremely dangerous and its easy to say you don't have a problem because unlike drugs alcohol use and abuse is very mainstream making denial easy.

I am not suggesting that you have a problem but many people do without realizing it and I will say I am much happier and healthier since I quit drinking! I have a lot more energy, my work outs are much better, my sleep is infinitely better, I no longer regret decisions, no memory loss, less likely to make bad food choices and I don't take in all those empty calories from alcohol or alcohol food binges. Plus hang overs make it wicked hard to get in a good work out the next day if you manage to work out at all! Now I am in no way preaching or trying to act holier than thou as I realize most people do not drink like I did however I am stating that many people have quit drinking for a variety of reasons and very few regret that decision !

Perhaps try not drinking for 30 days and see how you feel
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. The best thing to do is to start your healthy routine again. If you need help with drinking, get it. It will not get better by itself. I had to quit completely. Once I got home (from work) there was always something brown in a glass, in my hand, and down my throat. I was a functional alcholic. Had to turn to Christ for help. Now I never touch the stuff. I know I was headed for trouble. Haven't had a drink in over 8 years. Yeah for me. Good luck to you.

You must acknowledge what you want to change. You're on the way. Admitting you have a problem is half the battle. :flowerforyou:
  • amberxy
    amberxy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This and many other reasons are why I don't drink, being an addict alcohol is extremely dangerous and its easy to say you don't have a problem because unlike drugs alcohol use and abuse is very mainstream making denial easy.

I am not suggesting that you have a problem but many people do without realizing it and I will say I am much happier and healthier since I quit drinking! I have a lot more energy, my work outs are much better, my sleep is infinitely better, I no longer regret decisions, no memory loss, less likely to make bad food choices and I don't take in all those empty calories from alcohol or alcohol food binges. Plus hang overs make it wicked hard to get in a good work out the next day if you manage to work out at all! Now I am in no way preaching or trying to act holier than thou as I realize most people do not drink like I did however I am stating that many people have quit drinking for a variety of reasons and very few regret that decision !

Perhaps try not drinking for 30 days and see how you feel

Thank you for posting this. Last night made me realise my alcohol intake is not fine and dandy, I was CRAVING it over the weekend, which was a very scary feeling. It is similar to when I quit smoking (years back); I didn't realise I was addicted until I tried to stop. I do have addiction in the family so I think it's time to address it.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I don't drink and eat, but if I'm hungover, watch out. Foodfest!

^^^
    Me too! usually want a big ol burger when I am hungover!
  • amberxy
    amberxy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. The best thing to do is to start your healthy routine again. If you need help with drinking, get it. It will not get better by itself. I had to quit completely. Once I got home (from work) there was always something brown in a glass, in my hand, and down my throat. I was a functional alcholic. Had to turn to Christ for help. Now I never touch the stuff. I know I was headed for trouble. Haven't had a drink in over 8 years. Yeah for me. Good luck to you.

You must acknowledge what you want to change. You're on the way. Admitting you have a problem is half the battle. :flowerforyou:

Thank you for sharing.
  • erintgaffaney
    Options
    I love this because I have done it before, and as long as it's not habitual, I find no shame in it. I just don't log it :) I'm an unashamed lover of alcohol. Yesss...! Wouldn't life be grand if we could all be a little bit buzzed all the time? I think people would love each other more and fight less.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue when I drank wine. All inhibitions about eating left, and I would eat much more for my dinner than I would without the alcohol. I also only really drank in the first place to feel that buzz, as I hate the taste of almost all alcohol, so now I don't drink at all, other than maybe a small bit at Xmas. I feel no need, and I have issues with binge eating enough as it is, without the wine to add fuel to the fire.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me every second weekend but I log my dancing.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am in same boat regarding booze & food, but I did make bold decision last weekend not to go to a local beer festival because I knew that as well as beer there would be "nibbles" like chunks of cheese, bowls of crisps, peanuts, pickles onions etc.

I went last year [in my fat days] and just drank & scoffed, so was determined to avoid the temptation this year
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I'm very impressed you a) remembered everything and b) still had a chocolate Easter bunny left!

Check out my food diary - I have a separate booze section. It helps me keep an eye on it! Though I'm not a huge binger, it's the alcohol calories themselves that bother me.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    That's how I got to this size in the first place. Hubs and I are terrors for a glass before dinner, then another, then some with dinner, then more with cheese and biscuits.........

Since I've been on this lifestyle change I weighed my glass of wine (our glasses are 1.2 MFP servings) and I look at what calories I've got left for the day before I pour that glass. If I want something before dinner I have a G&T (slimline) - its easier to keep to one as its a longer drink and can't be topped up. Then once I'm actually eating I can limit myself to one. I also try to save some calories through the week for a little more at weekends. And I pour the wine then put it in the fridge - much less topping up as I'd have to get p off my fat but to get the bottle:wink:

Since I've been followng this regime we've bought a LOT less wine (and even Hubs has lost 7lb becuase I only have low fat cheese and parmesan in the house, so he won't snack on it).
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I was craving alcohol last Friday...so bad:frown: ! I had some dark chocolate and some fried food (within my calorie goal). I completely forgot about alcohol:noway: ..Made a nice cup of green tea and relaxed...I tend to bing when I meet my friends...I agree my social life is not fun anymore now without drinking...I cant control my binges so I ignore it!I go for a run...I just want to become normal weight too bad..That holds me back! I now drink but in moderation....
  • DaniKL
    DaniKL Posts: 4
    Options
    HAHAHA! I totally did this watching GIRLS last month. I was home all alone. I think I ended up drinking a bottle and a half of wine and eating half a jar of peanut butter.