30 DAY SQUAT CHALLENGE BEFORE & AFTERS

Options

Replies

• RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Just doing squats to get in shape is like just doing crunches to get a 6-pack. It won't do anything. You need to do other exercise to get the fat off your body to be able to see the bigger and more toned glutes and leg muscles from all of those squats. And of course keep up your new and amazing eating habits learned from tracking here on MFP! :)
  • blmurphy37
    blmurphy37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shells1234
    shells1234 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm on day two!! I put pictures of before in my mpf gallery but will posts b&A's here after I'm done!!
  • blibby33
    blibby33 Posts: 53
    Options
    this looks interesting. I think I am goign to try this after I am done the 30day squat challenge
  • shells1234
    shells1234 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just doing squats to get in shape is like just doing crunches to get a 6-pack. It won't do anything. You need to do other exercise to get the fat off your body to be able to see the bigger and more toned glutes and leg muscles from all of those squats. And of course keep up your new and amazing eating habits learned from tracking here on MFP! :)

Who said anything about just doing squats!! It's just a fun challenge. If you don't like it Don't do it. ;)
  • amariecruz89
    amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    778154719c8aecebc7a3bc0e7292446d.jpg
    [/quote]Are you doing this all in one sitting, or just throughout the day. I am VERY interested in adding this to my daily routine.
    [/quote]

Sorry, I haven't checked this! I do it all in one sitting :)
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thenpluck
    thenpluck Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gerpolit1
    Options
    Bump out of curiosity myself. Considering how frequently I see this challenge, here and elsewhere, there is a notable lack of any discussion or evidence of anyone seeing any beneficial results. Makes me increasingly skeptical that this may not be such a good idea.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to log this in our excercise? I want to start this next week.
  • kelleybelly35
    kelleybelly35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    looks like something i would like to do on top of my other workouts and personal training
  • maryv83
    maryv83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through this challenge. I've definitely upped my endurance (140 squats!) and I noticed a difference in my running. My legs are sore for sure. I haven't taken pictures yet, since I want to wait until after I'm done. However, I have noticed a slight "lift" in the bottom area. :happy:

Edit: This is also in addition to Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Couch to 5K, strength training 3 days a week, walking over 3 miles a week and any other little exercise I can fit in.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hello Fitness Friends!

I am well over halfway with the 30 day squat challenge so I thought I would share my progress. I combine my daily challenge with a 3 mile run prior to my squats. Because I was a runner prior to the challenge, I never really felt sore. If you are in somewhat decent shape, the challenge is designed to ease you into the heavy reps, so just follow the plan exactly and you will get through it. Once I started to get to the heavy reps, I added a minute rest after every 50 squats. Remember, form is more important then speed. Its worth it to pace yourself and do it right.

Tonight I will complete 190! May 7th is my final day 250, yikes!. I dont have any pics, but I can tell you that my legs have toned up. There were some unsightly dimples on my thighs which have now disappeared!! Just in time or summer, thank goodness!
  • MMFernaays
    MMFernaays Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump ~ Will start May 6th (first Monday of May) ;)
  • SuperMommaof4
    Options
    I just finished day 7 of the squat challenge but not pics yet. I want to finish the challenge before I take any more pictures. I am also doing the crunch challenge! I start that today:)
  • strum261
    strum261 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did this challenge, and when I got to the higher reps, I broke them up by 50-75 at a time with 30-60 rest in between. I could definitely see a difference, but still have 35-40 pounds to lose. Biggest difference is a lift in my rear and more definition in my thighs, for someone over 50 this is huge. I did this in addition to my regular workout. Sorry I didn't do pics. Keep up the good work.
  • christryon
    Options
    i am starting the 30 Day Squat Challenge today! Excited and can't wait to see the difference!
  • rosem1020
    rosem1020 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sherri33s
    sherri33s Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump Im going to try
  • gibbiegirl3
    Options
    Bump out of curiosity myself. Considering how frequently I see this challenge, here and elsewhere, there is a notable lack of any discussion or evidence of anyone seeing any beneficial results. Makes me increasingly skeptical that this may not be such a good idea.

I definetly agree that this has to be in combination with other fat burning exercises and a good diet, but doing a crap ton of squats is never a bad idea. Every trainer I have talked to say squats is the best thing for your backside as far as getting it toned and in shape. I am currently on day 7 I think?? I took some before shots but am waiting till the end to see the results. I am incorporating the squats into my everyday routine.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!