is hanging up laundry considered exercise?

123457»

Replies

• Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    I think its all up to you. I have my setting on sedentary because I don't leave the house, and barely do house work but I do all the clothes washing for my husband and myself and down here we can only hand wash (no washing/drying machines) and trust me if you want a good strength workout you should get into hand washing and wringing out jeans lol! I don't log it because I like to think of it as a bonus. I also think that if you can, you should definitely get one of those fitbits or pedometers or HRM or something that will help you get a better idea of your activity levels in terms of caloric burns and steps taken. I wish I could get one but they aren't available here either :(.
  • This is ridiculous. Just count it. You want to fool yourself or if it makes you feel better that you burnt calories doing laundry log it. Doesn't change the fact I will roll my eyes in disgust when I see it as an exercise entry. Make sure to add breathing, cooking, defecating, and the walking between in 30-120 second increments. This is absurd. :noway:
  • jhopp
    jhopp Posts: 1 Member
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    To me hanging laundry is an exercise in taking care of the items that shouldn't go in the dryer. However, I would never consider counting it toward my daily fitness routine.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Thread_NecroRD.jpg
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    Thread_NecroRD.jpg

Sheeesh, I fall for it every. single. time!
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Anything and everything you do burns calories, but the rule of thumb that I'd follow if I were you is if you don't put on your gyms shorts then it's better not to record it.

Best case scenario, you just add a little extra to your deficit. Worst case scenario you over-estimate how much you burn and hurt your weight loss.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Why are so many really old posts coming back again? :\
  • dbmata
    Why are so many really old posts coming back again? :\

Dunno, I haven't used search recently, maybe it's borked?
  • dbmata
    dbmata wrote: »
    Thread_NecroRD.jpg

Sheeesh, I fall for it every. single. time!
    LOL.

It happens.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    I do alot of cleaning at home, and i was wondering is hanging up laundry outside considered a exercise?I know most of you probably use a tumble dryer but in south africa most people hang up there clothes on sunny days
    Eh, I count it as walking, just because my line is waaaaaaay out in the boonies (stupid me for putting it there, but I digress). I call it "laundry day" and log it since I do about 5 loads of clothes once or twice a week

• Yes if you wear chainmail......
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Is rolling over in your sleep considered exercise?
  • dbmata
    Depends on who you're rolling over.