You know what bugs me?

Options

Replies

• tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there are certain machines I KNOW work well and that I like and vise versa. (don't work well, and I don't like) Maybe that was one of his favorite machines? :flowerforyou:

Exactly this for me, so try not to take it personally. Also, sometimes I want a better view of a certain tv channel that I can't get from one that's down further (I read the closed captioning)... I'm not saying I don't understand....if given the choice, I try to leave space in between, but I can see why it happens. Things tick me off too, but I think we all (myself included) just need to chill out :smile:

Edited to add: I work hard and fast on the machine for myself! It has nothing to do with "showing off." I figure, I'll do my workout my way, everyone else can do their workout their way...
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The girl next to me today kept putting her towel over the numbers on her treadmill and I felt like it was to hide them from me, which I thought was weird. Since you know, she's the one who moved next to me.

Could it be that they were trying to hide the numbers from.....themselves? Even if they are trying to hide it from you, who cares? Personally, I like to see my numbers and don't care if anyone else sees them, but again - I don't understand how these little things cause people to get irritated.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Seriously! And its even worse when they had garlic yesterday and you can smell it ooozing out of their pores.

Or alcohol...blech...
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    "Welcome to the urinals at a men's bathroom. There is always "that guy" who has to snuggle up next to you and start talking too."

OMG - I so needed that laugh!
  • kvcash
    kvcash Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was just venting for a second. I was just bugged a little.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I was just venting for a second. I was just bugged a little bc I'm already insecure about going to the gym. I'm 300+ lbs. so it's not something I would ask for when I go to the gym. Just saying.

No need for insecurity here. In fact, you have more reason to be very proud of yourself. One day you wont be 300+ pounds. You'll be 150 pounds less at least. very overweight people who go to the gym are showing their determination to lose the weight. Sitting on a park bench with a triple scoop ice cream cone? That may be something to be insecure about. :flowerforyou:
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I know you were venting, you have every right to! :-)

I just thought it's funny that it would also have annoyed me at 20, yet at nearly 40, married and three kids later it would just make me smile:laugh: It's a bit like it was really annoying to be asked for ID at 20, yet they asked me recently and I just smiled and said Thank you! I scared myself writing this now, maybe I'm turning into my mother!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, that would piss me off,
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    gnats bug me.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I know you were venting, you have every right to! :-)

I just thought it's funny that it would also have annoyed me at 20, yet at nearly 40, married and three kids later it would just make me smile:laugh: It's a bit like it was really annoying to be asked for ID at 20, yet they asked me recently and I just smiled and said Thank you! I scared myself writing this now, maybe I'm turning into my mother!!

He might have liked you too.
  • SaBh93
    SaBh93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    hate it when that happens.

When I was running, I decided to get to my top speed, then you have the guy next to me trying to outdo me.

BUT, he couldn't.

Guess who is laughing.
  • iamnotjustanumber
    Options
    The girl next to me today kept putting her towel over the numbers on her treadmill and I felt like it was to hide them from me, which I thought was weird. Since you know, she's the one who moved next to me.

I put my towel over the numbers to keep from seeing how much time I have left. Makes the time go by faster for me.

I do the same. And also to keep Eve from seeing.

I see no problem with this, I go for my own benefit, no one elses!... I understand the posters thoughts, but seriously?....

Get In, do your stuff, Get out.... job done. ..

MOST people are socially aware enough to know if they are making someone feel uncomfortable or not.... I'd hope.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    A bit of healthy competition never hurt anybody!
    When I see other runners on the same track as me I try to out run them, it boosts my speed and makes me push myself harder.
  • rabies
    rabies Posts: 62
    Options
    I always pick the machine next to the other person, so they don't feel lonely.
    if I see a lone jogger during my night time runs, I'll run up behind her too.

I was grumpy this morning, but now it's all better. Thank you!
  • BigJza
    BigJza Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Gyms are social gathering places first it seems sometimes.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Not good ladies..
    more and more are entering the free weight area in tight clothes/shorts and crop tops jiggling around with their but crack /chest crack on display and i tend to put my back to the weights or machine to phsyc myself up for a heavy set and am invariably put off or scared of being accused of looking while i m staring into space or seeing something i shouldnt see !!!

I only go to the gym to train, dont talk and dont want to be made to feel uncomfortable and you wouldnt answer your door dressed like that so why should i have to put up with it !
  • rachjenn
    rachjenn Posts: 87
    Options
    I would have gotten off and moved, just to show my annoyance! Or started to flick sweat at him? Haha...
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well today out of no here a guy come and gets on the machine RIGHT next to me. There were at least 7 other machines of the same type next to me.

Welcome to the urinals at a men's bathroom. There is always "that guy" who has to snuggle up next to you and start talking too.

Exactly what I was thinking! I'm standing there relieving myself in peace & harmony & up walks someone who has to occupy the urinal right next to mine instead of one of the many other spots in an otherwise uncoccupied men's room. What is up w/ that??!?!
  • iamnotjustanumber
    Options
    Not good ladies..
    more and more are entering the free weight area in tight clothes/shorts and crop tops jiggling around with their but crack /chest crack on display and i tend to put my back to the weights or machine to phsyc myself up for a heavy set and am invariably put off or scared of being accused of looking while i m staring into space or seeing something i shouldnt see !!!

I only go to the gym to train, dont talk and dont want to be made to feel uncomfortable and you wouldnt answer your door dressed like that so why should i have to put up with it !

There is a certain element of this.... The sportswear companies like to make gym wear with a nice cut, and ladies like to look good. Then they get upset if they percieve you are looking at them...... Like a lot of things in "society" its a lose lose for men ... Last night i went out for a run in Lycra and a lady was CLEARLY checking out my lower region as i walked past to my start point.... thats life, if you wander round with everything on show, people are going to look, thats human nature.
  • iamnotjustanumber
    Options
    Please dont come to the Gym, Workout near me, and get all smeely and sweaty, i'm only here to stand and chat!!! ..

Welcome to modern gyms. Social Hubs and places people go to gossip.