Is this Facebook thing weird?

Options
13»

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    :huh:

Um, she's liking pictures of two people she knows? I actually struck up a friendship with my ex's fiance (now wife) on facebook by liking the pictures she posted of them (I could see them because mutual friends were also tagged in them). I am genuinely happy for both of them. I even shot their wedding and they are going on vacation with me and my husband. I don't see how this is weird at all unless she's messaging you creepy things or trying to get back in his life by contacting him and trying to hide it from you. Seems like she just wants you to know she's happy for you both.

It sucks your boyfriend got his feelings hurt -- but nobody was married or even in a serious relationship. It's your list, so do whatever -- but honestly it sounds like you are overreacting to me.

Well striking up a friendship is one thing...she certainly hasn't tried to do that. And I wouldn't say she really *knows* me, nor does she have any reason to contact me. It would actually be less odd if she commented on other things aside from what I post about my BF.

Um... how do you think one strike up a friendship? I would like pictures of my ex and his new girlfriend. After doing that, I commented on one and just said "You two look so happy, congrats!" when they got engaged. This was 2-3 years of just liking pictures. She sent me a PM saying thanks and now she's one of my best friends.

You just said she doesn't really know you -- she DOES know your boyfriend. It doesn't seem weird that she would only like things with him, as he's the common link. Doesn't seem weird to me. It does seem weird to you, so whatever.

Seriously, I see what you're getting at...but if she truly wanted to strike up a friendship why would she spend close to a year just 'liking' my pics/statuses *only* about him and never ever say anything or like anything or, ya know, strike up a friendship?

I didn't even say she wanted to be friends with you -- I just was explaining to you what happened in my situation. I liked pictures over several years and then making a single comment when they got engaged. My point was that I think it's entirely possible that she's just happy he's happy -- especially since she hurt his feelings and all. I think if she was jealous, she's be seeking him out or making snide comments to you. Since she's just your acquittance, it doesn't seem off that she only likes things about your boyfriend since she actually knew him.

Anyway, it sounds like you have resolved it by blocking her. Which I think is just dandy -- it's your FL and you control who sees your info. I was just suggesting that viewing her actions as motivated by jealousy might be a bit much, as she might be genuinely happy for you both.

ETA: It sounds like time has passed since they broke up, she may have realized she did a crappy thing and is sorry/happy to see he moved on.
  • Fat_Jimi
    Fat_Jimi Posts: 81
    Options
    unfriend her and block her. you two aren't friends, so let it go.

Thats it, just pull the pin on her and move on she probably wont even notice for a while and if she does shes a freak and your best with out here any how
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    unfriend her and block her. you two aren't friends, so let it go.

Thats it, just pull the pin on her and move on she probably wont even notice for a while and if she does shes a freak and your best with out here any how
    :laugh: she already has, she said so in her original post.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just unfriend her and be done with it?

I don't understand why you would be a FB friend with someone that you only know through another friend, spoke two a couple times in real life and aren't actually friends with.

It's been a really long time since she added me and I honestly just can't be bothered to 'clean' my friend list.

Deleting one person takes very little effort.
    Agreed. Plus it will take the weirdness out of your life. much better to be done with the stress it causes.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

This!
    Let me be the first to say (other then the OP in her original post and a few posts later) she already unfriended and blocked her. Does no one read these things and just respond?

um. apparently not you.
  • whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    1. Facebook is a Fad and a tool for everyone to monitor your life.
    2. If your unhappy, its because your creating it.
    3. if there's a problem in the world that bothers you, you are responsible for fixing it.
    4. If you want certain people in your life, you must attract and invite them to be with you.
    5. If you don't like your present curicumstances, you must end them.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    1. Facebook is a Fad and a tool for everyone to monitor your life.
    2. If your unhappy, its because your creating it.
    3. if there's a problem in the world that bothers you, you are responsible for fixing it.
    4. If you want certain people in your life, you must attract and invite them to be with you.
    5. If you don't like your present curicumstances, you must end them.

Thanks, Yoda...but I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I already took care of it ;)
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't keep friends with her, just because she's not a friend.

But weird? nah. I like stuff about people I know, and that sounds what she's doing. She doesn't know you that well so not much care (or likes) go into your normal updates. But she's dated your bf for a while, so she's more connected to him. Not so strange she likes things with him in it.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I wouldn't keep friends with her, just because she's not a friend.

But weird? nah. I like stuff about people I know, and that sounds what she's doing. She doesn't know you that well so not much care (or likes) go into your normal updates. But she's dated your bf for a while, so she's more connected to him. Not so strange she likes things with him in it.

I sometimes like random stuff, too, but it's actually random. Hers was a pattern. They were never serious and their thing happened like 3 years ago...so with all that I think it's weird. I did unfriend her for both reasons. That was the first time I've unfriended someone lol
  • feistymoon
    feistymoon Posts: 152
    Options
    You can add her to a 'restricted' group so that she can only see your public posts. When you do it, leave a public post saying "Just cleared up the wall and removed a lot of old pics" or something to indicate you've taken that stuff down. She'll see that and think you've done a spring clean, while the people you do want to see things still can :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    You can add her to a 'restricted' group so that she can only see your public posts. When you do it, leave a public post saying "Just cleared up the wall and removed a lot of old pics" or something to indicate you've taken that stuff down. She'll see that and think you've done a spring clean, while the people you do want to see things still can :)

Well I didn't really know her well enough to care if she knows that I unfriended her or not lol... :)

Cute weimy! My BF has 2. Make sure you really train it haha, he didn't and now he is having to play catch-up :P
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Delete her.

I would have deleted her a long time ago, I don't think I would have even friended her if I didn't know her or talk to her regularly.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Delete her.

I would have deleted her a long time ago, I don't think I would have even friended her if I didn't know her or talk to her regularly.

I actually never friend people, I just accept the requests. I accept pretty much anyone if I've talked to them before. I'm not the type to limit friend lists, seems excessively organized or something.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options

So this is why I can't see your pics anymore?!

You biatttttttttt mhm..

jk jk OP sry had to tease my sister lmao
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yikes.

1) facebook is the devil

THIS.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

I don't understand why you would be a FB friend with someone that you only know through another friend, spoke two a couple times in real life and aren't actually friends with.

I second this.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I saved myself from all this FB junk!
    Deleted everyone except family/best friends and close friends who don't live close to me. (They all can text me otherwise!)
    I have maybe about 30-60 friends on my FB.
    I don't have to deal with crap! It is so nice... I hate FB :explode:
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It is weird. She hurt him, and still wants to be in the bachground of your relationship. I think it's best to just delete her from your FB. Get rid of her once and for all.