Options
    And then when I go to far it plays out in my head like

Ba na na na na na na na na

BATMAN!

:laugh: Same here!!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I started this and I'm sorry for my concern to make sure our extensive database is correct. In this day and age of computers there is no excuse to spell words incorrectly. Please excuse my expectations for excellence. How does it look to a new member on this site when they look up a food and see misspelled words? It does not look kiindly on its members. Just my two cents and again, please excuse my belief in doing things right.

The problem with computers and spellcheck is that they aren't always correct.

Go and search the database for "brain". Seriously. You will find "all brain, raisin brain".

Spellcheck wouldn't pick up that it should be bran and not brain.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I started this and I'm sorry for my concern to make sure our extensive database is correct. In this day and age of computers there is no excuse to spell words incorrectly. Please excuse my expectations for excellence. How does it look to a new member on this site when they look up a food and see misspelled words? It does not look kiindly on its members. Just my two cents and again, please excuse my belief in doing things right.
    There is nothing wrong with striving for excellence. It's admirable actually. But, that being said, you actually USE the generic database? I enter all my own foods as the db values (and speeling, heh) are terrible.
  • LibertyGloria
    Options
    Just one more thought. Yes, I posted about spelling, again because I believe in excellence. I'm really amazed at how nasty some of the replies were. I was told "really?". Well I'm saying "really", can't we be nice to each other? No, I get criticized for expecting things to be done right. I am amazed.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options

Spell check fail.

Priceless,!!!!

But we "kiindly" forgive you !!!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Scuse me ma'am, but you spelled kiiiiiindly wrong..... :wink: Now I wont be able to sleep tonight...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Aw, did someone get their feelings hurt?

Pretty sure when I'm logging, I could give two ****s about how it's spelled and care more about how it fits into my day... as does everyone else who counts calories.
  • KevinMassine
    Options
    OMG .... This has to be the Best Thread Yet !
  • lorieric5037
    Options
    I believe this whole episode has caused me dain bramage! Yikes!:sick:
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Aw, you edited the spelling mistake out, so cute! I just want to chub your little cheeks.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    if its spelled wrong do the calories still count?

Spelling mistakes are calorie-free. Your post is -4 calories! I'm not sure how to log spelling mistakes, though.

there is a difference between spelling correctly and being lazy in using punctuation
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    To all the brits complaining that American English is wrong, and theirs is the "correct english"

Let's see ...

62.5 Million In Great Britan
    314 Million in the USA.

Guess what? It's not your language any more.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    if its spelled wrong do the calories still count?

Spelling mistakes are calorie-free. Your post is -4 calories! I'm not sure how to log spelling mistakes, though.

there is a difference between spelling correctly and being lazy in using punctuation

too right my friend in fact I forgive punctuation mistakes more easily being lazy myself
  • LibertyGloria
    Options
    Oh my, thank you all for jumping down my throat! Can we be any more rude?
    Sorry I even tried to be nice!
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    Hi, there is nothing worse than trying to look up a food item and you can't find what you want because the name of the food is spelled incorrectly. For example..it's banana...NOT bananna...
    Please double check your spelling before you submit a food entry.. Thank you in advance.:flowerforyou:

I m sure no one goes out their way to get it wrong ..

You obviously knew a banana was a bananna and here in the uk where we speak propper english a color is a colour but we dont complain of a nations lousy spelling !!!

Um....that would be NATION'S. N-A-T-I-O-N APOSTROPHE S. There are also a few places that were lacking the proper usage of commas, but I'm willing to overlook that.

:smile:

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

British English was the first 'English" language I learned. When I moved to the USA and attended school, I had a lot of difficulties with spelling and grammar. Spelling colour as color doesn't mean the nation has lousy spelling. It means English has evolved. Living languages change, grow and adapt. Lastly, American English has been separated from British English for so many years. Did you expect it the stay the same? A great example of this is Modern French and Quebecois French.

Let's see ...

314 Million in the USA.

Wait...are you agreeing with me? :indifferent:
  • sullus
    Options
    Oh my, thank you all for jumping down my throat! Can we be any more rude?
    Sorry I even tried to be nice!

Oooohhhh .. is it a contest? What's the prize?
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    q2oxG.gif
  • sullus
    Options
    Hi, there is nothing worse than trying to look up a food item and you can't find what you want because the name of the food is spelled incorrectly. For example..it's banana...NOT bananna...
    Please double check your spelling before you submit a food entry.. Thank you in advance.:flowerforyou:

I m sure no one goes out their way to get it wrong ..

You obviously knew a banana was a bananna and here in the uk where we speak propper english a color is a colour but we dont complain of a nations lousy spelling !!!

Um....that would be NATION'S. N-A-T-I-O-N APOSTROPHE S. There are also a few places that were lacking the proper usage of commas, but I'm willing to overlook that.

:smile:

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

British English was the first 'English" language I learned. When I moved to the USA and attended school, I had a lot of difficulties with spelling and grammar. Spelling colour as color doesn't mean the nation has lousy spelling. It means English has evolved. Living languages change, grow and adapt. Lastly, American English has been separated from British English for so many years. Did you expect it the stay the same? A great example of this is Modern French and Quebecois French.

Let's see ...

314 Million in the USA.

Wait...are you agreeing with me? :indifferent:

I don't ****ing know. that's why I edited my post.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    To all the brits complaining that American English is wrong, and theirs is the "correct english"

Let's see ...

314 Million in the USA.

jiFfM.jpg
This discussion has been closed.