Options
    YOU TELL THEM!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    And then when I go to far it plays out in my head like

Ba na na na na na na na na

BATMAN!

LOL!! People are looking at me funny at work right now because I literally just laughed OUT LOUD!
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    How does it look to a new member on this site when they look up a food and see mispelled words?
    u misspelled misspelled. i expected more from you!
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You go nuts and believe in doing things right all you want.

However, you shouldn't push your beliefs onto other people.

Pity that the scale didn't go down when people lost ignorance, it would be a great encouragement for people to open their minds and their hearts to other people's thoughts and perspectives.

Not everyone can spell well, so freaking what!! Not a single person who has issues (or even laziness) in their spelling deserves to be made to feel bad on a SUPPORT site! Like someone else said, there are like 100 entries for most foods, so bypass the misspelled ones if you must, but as far as *I* am concerned, as long as the nutritional information is right, I could care less HOW accurate the spelling of the food name. If there is only one entry, and it's misspelled, feel free to input a new entry for the same food.

Frankly, I am just happy that in my busy day, I don't have to worry about inputting every little thing into the system, spelled correctly or not, it's there for me and that saves me time. If you are this concerned about spelling errors on MPL then maybe it's time for a hobby!
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    Oh my, thank you all for jumping down my throat! Can we be any more rude?
    Sorry I even tried to be nice!

I wouldn't take it personally, a lot of members here like an excuse to make their opinions heard and have a bit of 'friendly' banter.

That being said, if you are going to post a thread knocking people for their spelling mistakes, then please make sure your own message is free of mistakes, because then you are pretty much asking for it!

I LIKE the fact that there are these mistakes; nobody is perfect, none of us here is perfect, and that is one of the reasons we are here. Weight loss is hard enough, let's not make it harder by getting petty about spelling. Laugh at the mistakes, acknowledge we are all only human, and make the most out of the support and the great resources on this site :)

Jess, you are a fox inside as well as out.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    How does it look to a new member on this site when they look up a food and see mispelled words?
    u misspelled misspelled. i expected more from you!
    Awesome.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    meh. nothing wrong with expecting native english speakers to use the language correctly.

commercials and ads using the word "less" incorrectly piss me off.

loose vs lose - that's a good one too.

And yes, edited for grammar. :tongue:
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bananana...

Hey Jude!
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    The only way you would get the results with the spelling "bananna" would be if you misspelled it when entering it into the search tab. As long as you search it with the correct spelling, you will get results with the correct spelling.

So maybe stop spelling it wrong when you search for it :flowerforyou:
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    OP, many people use their phones/mobile devices to enter information and it is very easy to have typos, spelling errors, etc.

You proved it yourself - most of your posts in this thread have misspelled words. It doesn't make you stupid. I'd say move on....
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Pity that the scale didn't go down when people lost ignorance, it would be a great encouragement for people to open their minds and their hearts to other people's thoughts and perspectives.

Not everyone can spell well, so freaking what!! Not a single person who has issues (or even laziness) in their spelling deserves to be made to feel bad on a SUPPORT site! Like someone else said, there are like 100 entries for most foods, so bypass the misspelled ones if you must, but as far as *I* am concerned, as long as the nutritional information is right, I could care less HOW accurate the spelling of the food name. If there is only one entry, and it's misspelled, feel free to input a new entry for the same food.

Frankly, I am just happy that in my busy day, I don't have to worry about inputting every little thing into the system, spelled correctly or not, it's there for me and that saves me time. If you are this concerned about spelling errors on MPL then maybe it's time for a hobby!

You couldn't care less. If you 'could care less' that implies that it is possible for you to care less than you do which means you do care.
    In addition in case you hadn't guessed I am a grammar pedant and a language enthusiast and spelling DOES matter. It is one of the building blocks of language and people certainly ought to be encouraged to spell properly.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I miss spell words on purpose so people can't find them and change the nutritional value.

I could be telling the truth above or I could be lying. Either way just find one that is spelled correctly or enter your own - its pretty simple.
  • ImpossibleGrl
    Options
    Should I eat wheat or white bred for best results?
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    If I don't know the correct spelling when I put it in, then how will I be able to look it up when I need it again? I'm gonna spell it wrong the next time too.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Quayle608.jpg
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi, there is nothing worse than trying to look up a food item and you can't find what you want because the name of the food is spelled incorrectly.

For example..it's banana...NOT bananna...

But... if YOU know how to spell the word, and you spell it correctly when you search for it, you should get results that match what you search, therefore, misspelled entries should not be much of a hinderance to you.

And even if a misspelled item came up in the results of your correctly spelled search, then you were still able to find it despite it being misspelled.

And if the misspeled one did not come up in your correctly spelled search, then how would you know it had been misspelled?

Defense rests.
  • sjr1016a
    sjr1016a Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been reading these posts and I believe this is by far the best post I have seen. This is so so true. It goes to show that EVERYONE is human. :-)

Just my FRIENDLY 2 cents :-)
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

You couldn't care less. If you 'could care less' that implies that it is possible for you to care less than you do which means you do care.
    In addition in case you hadn't guessed I am a grammar pedant and a language enthusiast and spelling DOES matter. It is one of the building blocks of language and people certainly ought to be encouraged to spell properly.

I suppose I get my inability to spell/type from my sister, hopefully i am at least half as smart as she is as well! As for your spelling/grammar penchant, it seems you forgot some commas in your reply. Not good, not good at all for a language enthusiast and grammar pendant. Maybe the next time you want to waste your time pointing out other people's trivial mistakes, you should check to make sure your reply is grammar/spelling perfect.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    if i speel it wrung theen the calorees are lesseninged

if only people could lose ignorance as easily as weight..
This discussion has been closed.