So hungry after eating so much

Options
I'm having a problem with being hungry even after eating throughout the day. I re joined weight watchers and I have...every day since...gone over my allowed points AND used up my weekly allowance by the second day....

I eat "snacks" throughout the day but still nothing keeps me full...these snacks range from carrots, celery, string cheese, fruit snacks, bananas, crisps everything is serving size portioned.

What am I doing wrong?
I don't want to waste the time and energy to count everything all day and the money on the program just to fail but I can't seem to eat enough to stay full...

What do you eat to stay full?

Replies

• TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Honestly I drink a lot of water. When I eat a lot of snacks, albeit healthy ones, in between meals it makes me hungrier. For me, eating my three main meals and then maybe some carrots or fruit in between helps. But the water is what really does it.
  • MrsMac927
    MrsMac927 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Are you eating a good breakfast? high protein snacks seem to work for me!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    eat more things with protein. add some almond butter to your celery, full fat yogurt, cottage cheese
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Add healthy fats and protein: almonds, avocados, protein powder, eggs, greek yogurt.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    What makes a huge difference for me it to make sure I have protein at every meal and snack. It digests slower.
  • garbanzalo
    garbanzalo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein, vegetables and fat and fewer carbs.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
  • doctorwhome
    Options
    Honestly I drink a lot of water. When I eat a lot of snacks, albeit healthy ones, in between meals it makes me hungrier. For me, eating my three main meals and then maybe some carrots or fruit in between helps. But the water is what really does it.

I'm finding that eating snacks during the day is making me hungrier as well. If I stick to 3 healthy meals a day, I seem to do better.
  • Rotten_Apple
    Rotten_Apple Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat full fat yogurt, try the Greek yogurts. I eat a Chobani fat free or low fat yougurt everyday for breakfast - they have a lot of protein and are super thick which keeps me satisified for a couple hours. Then I have some almonds mid-morning. Then lunch. At around 3 or 4 pm I have a piece of fruit. If dinner is late (7 or later) I have some more almonds. And I drink water constantly.
  • SavingFaith65
    SavingFaith65 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've started drinking more water at least 4 bottles a day now as opposed to half of one before.
    I work 12 hour shifts, my usual routine is hit starbucks on my way to work and I won't have to eat the rest of the day or don't get hungry until around 5/6 and by that time it's almost time to go home.

Protein I know is good for filling but it's also a lot of "points" according to weight watchers. I love avocados and eat one a day but it's 4 points
  • jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I chew gum or brush my teeth between meals. Oh and drink lots and lots of water.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Without knowing everything you eat, it's impossible to give any real advice. How much protein, carbs, fat, calories, etc.?

None of your snacks sound particularly filling, except maybe the cheese. Maybe the problem is you snack too much? Eat bigger meals, and less snacks.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I second the calls for water and protein. Thirst sometimes masks itself as hunger if your body is used to thirst signals being ignored. Protein and fiber should help with feeling full.
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Not being able to see your diary, it is hard to know where you are going wrong. I know for me cutting back on the sugary carbs including breads, cookies, anything processed makes a difference. The main thing is to replace those processed carbs with more protein and lots of water....drink your eight glasses a day. Carbs turn to sugar, the more you have, the more you want, a vicious circle. Protein takes longer for the body to digest so you are not hungry as much. Give it a try. Low-fat cheese, plain almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts (no more than 30g. or 1 ounce) and some fruit with them.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Stop snacking!
    Snacking might work for some people but it clearly doesn't work for you.
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My egg sandwich this morning is keeping me full a lot longer than I thought it would.

High fiber muffin - 90 cal
    2 eggs - 147 cal
    2 pieces of bacon - 60 cal
    25 grams (1 slice to cover bread) of avocado - 40 cal

337 cal - 27/20/24 C/F/P

I made it at 6:30 this morning and its 10:45 now - still not hungry

So I would say as everyone else - high protein/fiber
  • posypink
    posypink Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Are you drinking enough water? I drink 2 litres a day, and that makes me fuller.... it could be that you are dehydrated??

Chin up, you can do it!! xxx
  • mk9562
    mk9562 Posts: 186
    Options
    Lately I'm in the same boat. I drink 12 cups of water a day. I eat a good breakfast to start my day and have a Greek yogurt or fruit for my morning snack and I snack between lunch and dinner too.. My protein intake daily is 115 g. But I'm always hungry lately.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I eat "snacks" throughout the day but still nothing keeps me full...these snacks range from carrots, celery, string cheese, fruit snacks, bananas, crisps everything is serving size portioned.

What am I doing wrong?
    I don't want to waste the time and energy to count everything all day and the money on the program just to fail but I can't seem to eat enough to stay full...

What do you eat to stay full?

I don't see a whole lot of protein there. celery and stuff isn't going to make you satiated...neither are fruits, bananas, or crips. You need protein and healthy fats, not just a bunch of carbs that run right through you.