Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Jaejoong_popcorn.gif

ha!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    funny-pictures-auto_zpsdff9323c.png
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Just one more thought. Yes, I posted about spelling, again because I believe in excellence. I'm really amazed at how nasty some of the replies were. I was told "really?". Well I'm saying "really", can't we be nice to each other? No, I get criticized for expecting things to be done right. I am amazed.

But aren't you criticizing people for spelling things wrong? Wasn't that the whole point of this topic you started?

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Also, what's up with listing Subway sandwiches in grams? Is six inch and twelve inch too common a measurement to use?

I've known guys that were "off" about what 6 inches looks like and way off on what 12 inches looks like...:tongue:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Hi, there is nothing worse than trying to look up a food item and you can't find what you want because the name of the food is spelled incorrectly. For example..it's banana...NOT bananna...
    Please double check your spelling before you submit a food entry.. Thank you in advance.:flowerforyou:
    I haven't read all the responses in this thread and am not sure if you've been told this yet or not: you can edit the food entries in the database and correct them yourself. I didn't know this myself for a long time until someone told me.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Poof readying is impotent. Got it.

Your post reminded me of this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OonDPGwAyfQ
    Glad someone caught the reference.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    people should only be judged on their spelling on the internet and spelling bee's
    Also, what's up with listing Subway sandwiches in grams? Is six inch and twelve inch too common a measurement to use?
    I've known guys that were "off" about what 6 inches looks like and way off on what 12 inches looks like... :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh:

that is why i just fold it in half and let her take the measurements
  • janetsalley
    janetsalley Posts: 122 Member
    you guyz are toooo funny
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    I think that some people's minds just move way faster than their hands. If the context is brilliant then I don't judge the spelling too harshly...but some people seem very...um...limited...by what they put out into the world (when even the simplest words are wrong).

Agreed, I tend to leave out words because my mind is going too fast. It has nothing to with my intelligence.

I could care less when people make spelling mistakes. Life is too short to dwell on the negative OP.
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Hi, there is nothing worse than trying to look up a food item and you can't find what you want because the name of the food is spelled incorrectly. For example..it's banana...NOT bananna...
    Please double check your spelling before you submit a food entry.. Thank you in advance.:flowerforyou:
    I haven't read all the responses in this thread and am not sure if you've been told this yet or not: you can edit the food entries in the database and correct them yourself. I didn't know this myself for a long time until someone told me.

You can edit the content, but not the spelling of the name. I am one that has one misspelled word out there. I've been trying to figure out how to fix it, but can't.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    I'm from Turramurra... Turramuraamraurmauramruarmaruaraaaa
    There's also a Tamarama in Sydney as well so please don't start me on spelling.

I get where you're at, it's so frustrating when you can't find something because of misspelling, but there are by far more important things... like listing everything is strange measurements? Why not JUST have grams and cups or something? Instead there is '1 serving' which I'm lost as to knowing what a 'serving' is for strawberries. Or a 'cut' of fish, or 'piece' of sashimi, with no size/weight included. There are far too many arbitrary entries, which is pretty annoying in my opinion.

I still think the funniest is pumpkin seeds - only option is in cups. Have you ever eaten a whole cup of pumpkin seeds before? Maybe if you're cooking a large recipe, but I still think it's ridiculous. Especially when in Japan 1C is 200mL, US it's 236.192793mL (love crazy US measurements) and UK it's 250mL.

/endrant?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    First off, most foods have so many entries that you should be able to find one that's spelled correctly. :noway:

Secondly, how do you know you are spelling it right? :huh:
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    If I spell correctly will I loose weight?

OMG OMG OMG OMG this makes me want to freaking murder people!! I have nooooo idea how soooooo many adults cannot spell LOSE.

Loose is what you want your pants to be, and you have to LOSE weight to make that happen.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member

OMG OMG OMG OMG this makes me want to freaking murder people!! I have nooooo idea how soooooo many adults cannot spell LOSE.

Loose is what you want your pants to be, and you have to LOSE weight to make that happen.

actually id like to lose my pants but that is another thread
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member

I daresay it's more likely you both got it from your parents, or else from your school district.

I love seeing mistakes in English spelling. If English didn't have unstressed vowel reduction and vestigial double consonants and silent vowels all over the place, how would the snobs and grammar nazis get their kink on?

Awww, look at that, a little ignorance and assumption goes a long way! We are actually 1/2 sisters, raised separately, by different parents, in entirely separate communities! Thanks for playing though :)

Um. Okay. Did your sister raise you and teach you how to read and write? Cuz otherwise there is even less logic in your original claim that you get your inability to spell from your sister.

Actually, I wasn't being literal when I said I got it from my sister, I was merely attempting to point out that, while we both may have some spelling errors (she has dreadfully more actually, and if you judged her on her ability to spell alone, you would think she was completely stupid), that doesn't mean anything except that, like most normal people, sometimes we make spelling/grammatical mistakes. My sister is HIGHLY intelligent, but can not spell to save her life. My spelling and grammar make me look like a freaking genius compared to her. So what? Does that mean she should be judged? No, if someone did judge her, they would grossly underestimate her ability. I understand that I wasn't clear in that, which is fine. Go hard picking me apart about it. All I am really trying to say is "Who the F&^% cares if things are spelled right?" If that is your biggest problem in life, you should be thanking your lucky stars, and finding something positive to talk about!

Literal or not it was a ridiculous point and my salient point was that LOTS of people care if things are spelled correctly. Lots of people do.

ETA: Edited because brevity is important to get things through to some people.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member

I m sure no one goes out their way to get it wrong ..

You obviously knew a banana was a bananna and here in the uk where we speak propper english a color is a colour but we dont complain of a nations lousy spelling !!!

Propper. *snort*
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    I'm from Turramurra... Turramuraamraurmauramruarmaruaraaaa
    There's also a Tamarama in Sydney as well so please don't start me on spelling.

I get where you're at, it's so frustrating when you can't find something because of misspelling, but there are by far more important things... like listing everything is strange measurements? Why not JUST have grams and cups or something? Instead there is '1 serving' which I'm lost as to knowing what a 'serving' is for strawberries. Or a 'cut' of fish, or 'piece' of sashimi, with no size/weight included. There are far too many arbitrary entries, which is pretty annoying in my opinion.

I still think the funniest is pumpkin seeds - only option is in cups. Have you ever eaten a whole cup of pumpkin seeds before? Maybe if you're cooking a large recipe, but I still think it's ridiculous. Especially when in Japan 1C is 200mL, US it's 236.192793mL (love crazy US measurements) and UK it's 250mL.

/endrant?

So important, spelling. When they came to settle the dispute between Melbourne and Sydney as to where Australia's capital should be, the first thought was that it should be halfway between the two. That was Tumbarumba, which was, of course, stupid. The Sydneyites then claimed it was spelled Turramurra, which the Melburnians thought was ok, until they got hold of a map. The Sydneyites then claimed it was really Tumbiumbi, which also failed the UBD test. So, they decided on a sheep paddock called Canberra.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    if its spelled wrong do the calories still count?
    No. So, you could log bakon and it won't count.

This is the best news I've received in a while. Thanks! :laugh:
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    tumblr_loiicjgadn1qa1lni_zps7369fc37.gif
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member

I might be wrong but I think they spelled it that way on purpose to make a point.
This discussion has been closed.