Big Beautiful Women

Options

Replies

• angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Perhaps my comment is irrelevant, because I'm not particularly big, but I actually take issue with the term BBW. It has a negative connotation to me, because, in my opinion, it suggests that it can't be assumed that because you're heavier, you're beautiful, it has to be explicitly stated. Perhaps I'm alone on this. I recall once checking out the sign up process for a dating website my friend was joining up, and we were laughing at the 'body type' options. There was athletic, curvy, slim and slender, etc, and then BBW. Why was there is no SBW (Slender Beautiful Woman)? Perhaps because society would see it as redundant. Meaning, societally, slender is beautiful and big is not. I'm not with that thought process. What's wrong with just 'beautiful'? Beautiful woman. Period.

In a society that tells us big ISN'T beautiful, BBW is like telling all those nay sayers to suck it! lol I think BBW is used as a badge of honor...Something to be proud of. I personally don't relate to the term BBW because, although I am big, and I know I'm beautiful, my size isn't something I'm proud of. My size is a result of the hatred I USED to have for myself....The years of self sabotage I inflicted upon myself before I decided to start taking care of myself....So I don't wear it proudly....But that doesn't mean I don't feel beautiful at this size. Like you said, I'm beautiful. Period. I was/am beautiful big and I will still be beautiful when I'm smaller. My weight no longer defines who I am or what I'm worth.

Regardless of the terms we use to describe ourselves, we all deserve to feel beautiful...And most of the time we are standing in our own way in regards to how we feel about ourselves, so seeing posts like this that are uplifting and positive always make me smile.

Thank you OP! :flowerforyou:
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am currently a BBW...will not be staying this way. But for now it is what I am and will love myself while I continue on my healthy lifestyle journey. Thank you OP for reaching out to others that may be at a similar place in their journey. Sometimes it is helpful to have friends who are at the same place as you in this journey or have been here before and can relate to where you are coming from. For those who have never been here or have forgotten where there journey started...oh well, move on.

Wonderfully put!
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    If you're happy being large and having more to love then why are you here?

It's a motivation thing. You can still love yourself and want better.

True. It was just a question. It seems that some of you have read a "tone" into this that did not exist.

And I answered your question...
  • jacquelinaaa706
    jacquelinaaa706 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. Definitely looking to lose weight but not too much ;)
  • Bwneyegirl
    Options
    Here I am!!! I do consider myself a BBW, but I won’t be BIG for long. Although I’m not at the weight or body size I would like to be I still love myself and will continue to do so. And like the rest of you I’m here not only to lose weight and look and feel better but also to become healthy.

You are welcome to add me.
  • MissPreciosa
    MissPreciosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm Here With All My Curves :-)
  • Josh_92_
    Josh_92_ Posts: 23
    Options
    Add me : )
  • dymaxxion
    dymaxxion Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on being "skinny" but I do plan on being healthy!

(and wearing dresses from ModCloth...)
  • jillyk89
    jillyk89 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    Well said & likewise. xD
    Not all fat people hate themselves and consider themselves ugly. I for one think I am absolutely beautiful. I have others who agree (not that I need validation, got over that a long time ago). BUT because I love myself, I am determined to be the best me possible and that includes physical, mental and emotional well being.

I'm on MFP not because I hate myself, I'm here because I love myself too damn much!

To all the big girls out there, good luck to you on your lifestyle change. Add me if you'd like!
  • LollerskateDJ
    LollerskateDJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I started at 247. I'm so sick of being obese and look forward to being somewhat fit but with meat on my bones. My goal is 150-160 :)
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    Heck ya!!
  • pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options

Why? Because even us large, sexy, beautiful, VAVAVAVOOOOM girlies still desire to be healthy...and MFP is about HEALTH...not just size....BOOM!!!
  • mdorisi
    mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    yay I'm liking this thread. no offense to my other friends but most of them don't have as much weight to lose. It would be great to get some more friends in the same boat! Feel free to add me :)
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options

It's a motivation thing. You can still love yourself and want better.

This is true. You have to love yourself unconditionally. Some people think you have to perfect to be loved. I used to be one of them. You can't be successful at this healthier life without self love. You need to love yourself enough to know you are worth.

You go girl. I'm in.
  • JujuBeeDee
    Options
    I feel the same as lilmissymoo90...big, but not very beautiful at the moment. I am working on that. I'm new here...still trying to figure things out. Adding friends is a good thing, I assume? LOL...add me, since I don't think I know how!
  • mechelemc
    mechelemc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pls feel free to add me as a friend. I need all the help I can get on this LONG journey!
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Oh holy cow people! If you don't like the topic of the thread, just don't comment!! Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!! I think the OP just ment for this to be fun. Not to get her head bit off. Get over yourselves!

Ignore the hater. He/she is an ars.
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I love new friends! =)
  • arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! even though I want to lose a fair amount of weight, my goal isn't to be skinny (started at 250, goal is 180 -160ish). I never want to be skinny - it doesn't fit my bone structure or my personality!!