I Need Honest Review: Where Do I Still Need Work!?

Options
1235»

Replies

• donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    the only one that matters is YOU how do you feel its your body YOU do for YOU not others :)
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    FYI, the OP has deactivated her account...

LOL. I love it when that happens. Some people are so touchy.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

I would too with the welcome she received.

Maybe she was a troll, maybe not.

She received a welcome in proportion to her introduction. She came off brassy and overly confident (criticize me! I can take it!) and then got salty when told she shouldn't rely on/care about others critiquing her body. Rather than take a moment to ponder if what poster after poster was saying had any merit, she threw a hissy fit and bailed. I wouldn't call her a troll, but perhaps a wee bit insecure and floundering for connection.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options

I would too with the welcome she received.

Maybe she was a troll, maybe not.

She received a welcome in proportion to her introduction. She came off brassy and overly confident (criticize me! I can take it!) and then got salty when told she shouldn't rely on/care about others critiquing her body. Rather than take a moment to ponder if what poster after poster was saying had any merit, she threw a hissy fit and bailed. I wouldn't call her a troll, but perhaps a wee bit insecure and floundering for connection.

People like this need to add "please only answer my questions using words I want to hear". In this case, I'd wager that the only acceptable answer would have been "OMG YOU LOOK PERFECT/GORGEOUS ALREADY!!!"
  • brentalanrhodes
    brentalanrhodes Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I hear what you're saying. I'm just saying she asked about her body, not her mental state or whether or not anyone trusted her. She wanted to know if she needs to do more lunges or cut back on the peanut butter! lol!

I just never see the reason to be ugly to someone. It serves no purpose.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    First of all congratulations on your success! You really do look wonderful. NOW since you asked for honesty I will say that looking at your side by side since that is all I can see. I would just work on toning. The muscles in you legs specifically. I noticed that the picture of you in the white dress you look great but your legs don't quite fit your new body. Not that they are to big but weight loss causes looseness in just about all of us so the mucle tone is a big deal with most everyone. GOD knows I have so much to lose that I will not have the option of just toning it up SO cheers to you that it looks like you won't have that problem! I am going to have to have skin removal but I am ok with that because I know that with all the hard work I am having to put in I want to be able to see it! And it goes without saying that you need to be able to and be happy with what you see for yourself! Best wishes on getting happy with your overall appearence and congrats on coming this far! :drinker:
  • brentalanrhodes
    brentalanrhodes Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    She's moved on to the next thing anyway. This obviously didn't workout for her.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Disgusted to read all the people actually giving her advice. I think it is very ... dumb? Weird? Stupid? of her to ask for "advice", but to tell her what she could work on is even dumber and stupider. Those who told her to be honest with herself, had it right.

We all like our bodies differently. And we should all get to a point where WE like it, not where others like it. To criticize someone on how they look and tell them "you could do some more toning" or "your *whatever* is too big" is the most ridiculous thing to say, whether they asked for it or not.

My 2 cents.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Well that was *kitten* - I wasted 5 minutes of my life giving solid advice she's never going to read........
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Disgusted to read all the people actually giving her advice. I think it is very ... dumb? Weird? Stupid? of her to ask for "advice", but to tell her what she could work on is even dumber and stupider. Those who told her to be honest with herself, had it right.

We all like our bodies differently. And we should all get to a point where WE like it, not where others like it. To criticize someone on how they look and tell them "you could do some more toning" or "your *whatever* is too big" is the most ridiculous thing to say, whether they asked for it or not.

My 2 cents.

Dumber AND stupider.... well, hell.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In to read later.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....OP deactivated their account, so my suggestion would be a little more dedication is where you need work. Maybe stick with something more than a month. But...I may be wrong.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Damnit, I just wasted 4 pages of reading, hoping for this 200lb bench press video and all I got was this lousy deactivated account.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

My 2 cents.

I really wish attitudes like this were less common but it seems that the MFP culture has become so homogenized that everyone is expected to walk a very narrow line. Well I am going to against the grain here and say it.

There is nothing wrong with caring about what other people think about our appearances.

Caring about our appearance is the reason we have changing rooms with mirrors in them. Of course a healthy self image matters but putting your own opinion about your appearance first does not mean that you can't take an interest in what others think as well.

We post success pictures for a reason. Because we want to show people the differences we have made in our bodies. Yes that is right I said "show" because the changes that we are creating in our bodies are visual. I know I am working on changing the way that I look. I do ask people about my progress from time to time. If I got down to a healthy weight and I was able to pass my APFT but I did not look any different I would be disappointed.

Now you might completely disagree with me like I am sure the poster that I quoted will. The thing is we are social animals and we are not blind. We do have physical appearances and we do work on them. We try to eliminate acne, we close the gaps in our teeth and we buy the close we think looks the best on us that still fits in our price ranges.

If our own opinions were the only things that mattered they why would we be looking in those mirrors and more importantly why would we be posting before and after pictures? By definition before and after pictures are calling for a comparison. Every single time someone posts a before and after they are wanting people to take notice of the improvement. If there is improvement then it means they did not look as good as they do now. A change has taken place they want people to SEE it.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....OP deactivated their account, so my suggestion would be a little more dedication is where you need work. Maybe stick with something more than a month. But...I may be wrong.

*snort* :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I wish people would stop attacking me on my need for self esteem and my "inability" to be able to bench 200 pounds?? Are you serious?? That isn't even competition weight!?! If you knew anything about womens weight lifting you would know the strongest is over 440 by a female. I'm not eve at half of that!! I have been working my *kitten* off and the reason I asked for critique was I wanted critique of my BODY NOT MY "SELF ESTEEM ISSUES" or my ABILITIES.

Sorry we were under the impression that you could take criticism..
    Criticism is wonderful motivation for me! Don't think you'll hurt my feelings, giv me the best....er worst you've got!!

Don't listen to these haters. I reached the same plateau, once I hit 1350 on deadlifts.

Seems legit.
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    way to go being supportive people, she has deactivated her account....
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Dam, it was just getting fun too...
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Sounds like you're confused about how that is done.

The "people" didn't do that...

...she did.
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Seriously. People on here used to be supportive and never criticized. Things have changed alot on here in the last 3 years.