Brownie Recipe from last nights Losing it with Jillian

Options

Replies

• cameron_en
    cameron_en Posts: 54
    Options
    I've gotta try this out! I loove chocolate too! Olive Oil does seem a bit strange to me, perhaps if you use half vegetable oil and half olive oil it will improve the taste a bit.
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Nice!

Hey do you think I can replace the olive oil with rapeseed and the honey with agave - or wold that make them taste funny?
  • TaraWittmeier
    Options
    Thanks for posting this recipe---I am gonna make these for my two boys today!! Thanks!! :)
  • slm638
    slm638 Posts: 64
    Options
    bump
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! Gonna try and slip it in, so the hubby and kids don't know how healthy they are! :bigsmile:
  • Candice83
    Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    are the calories for the entire recipe or per brownie?
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Going to make these when I get home from Austin! Sounds yummy!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Bump Thanks!
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Looks YUMMY!! Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    Thanks! I love that these are made with "normal" ingredients, LOL. I don't have to go to a specialty store to find anything on this list of ingredients. I will have to try these.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    olive oil??? Really? That just doesn't sound good.

On a funny side note. A few years ago my husband try to surprise me by making a brownie mix. The minute I walked in the house, I knew something was wrong. I tried one of the brownies and they tasted like french fries.

My husband, God bless him, had read "vegetable oil", had bypassed the bottle canola oil because he had never heard of such a vegetable, dug into the bowels of my pantry to find a jug labeled vegetable oil, which as it turns out was my fry oil. :noway:

LOL! :) I have unfortunately used not good oil for baking brownies and they were definitely not edible!

I wonder about the olive oil too... I use olive oil for everything except baking, but for baking I tend to keep with canola just because of the taste of olive oil. Hmm...
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    If you use the light olive oil you can use it for baking. I can't tell the difference and it is pretty much all I buy now! Thanks for the recipe....Imma have to try this one.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Oh yummy!! I need some chocolate and I can eat honey (no white sugar) and WW flour. Thank you so much.:flowerforyou:
  • PaleoIsPossible
    Options
    It stinks though... the brownies are only 2in x 2in. That's like... two bites. lol. But it's enough to satisfy a craving.
  • mroberts2702
    mroberts2702 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    These are very good. I was hesitant becaues of the olive oil but myself & my kids luv them!!!! Their very cakey not fudgey but awesome!!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Nice!

Hey do you think I can replace the olive oil with rapeseed and the honey with agave - or wold that make them taste funny?

i doubt it matters what kind of oil. i wouldn't use olive because of the flavor of olive oil. walnut or almond would be my first preference.
  • treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I would skip on the olive oil b/c the applesauce replaces it.