Closed Diary's

Options
13»

Replies

• GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Because whenever mine has been open, I've been sent hundreds (no exaggeration) of messages telling me what I should improve about my diet. I am aware that eating an apple would be better than a chocolate bar, but once it's logged it's too late anyway!! The majority of my day (and week, really) is healthy, and I enjoy my treats- so don't like being made to feel guilty for enjoying myself!

Other than that, a lot of my meals are "quick add calories" anyway, because I always have the same breakfast and lunch (and I'm happy about that, so don't need anyone telling me that's silly) so don't write what they are, just how many calories are in them. I know, for example, that a portion of my home made pasta Bolognese is 322 calories, so whenever I've made it I will just put "322" rather than the actual foods. And the same for a lot of my other meals. So to be honest my diaries would only annoy people anyway.
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    MFP is a tool that I use for MY OWN journey. Everyone is different, but I have no interest in what other people are eating and don't feel the need to share, it's my personal logging. I'm not doing this for anyone else and honestly don't really care about anyone's opinion of what I'm eating? It's just not how I use the site.

I get how some people might be interested in getting ideas for what to eat from other people's journals, but that's just not how I use MFP and it works for me this way. :)
  • abideedum
    abideedum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Mines open and i enjoy people commenting.. please feel free to add me. I think it's a useful way to keep accountability but i can see why some people dont like it :)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Maybe some people don't want others judging them if they eat something that might not be considered healthy?
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Because sometimes I don't want the entire planet knowing that I went 341mg over my sodium limit or the public shame of people knowing that I'm not keto.

That **** is private, yo.

While we're on this topic, there's something else that really chaps my hide: friend requests.

WHO ARE YOU I DON'T KNOW YOU DO NOT SEND A FRIEND REQUEST UNLESS YOU PROVIDE ME WITH YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, TWO FORMS OF PHOTO ID, AND A $314.15 DEPOSIT. IF YOU DO NOT ABIDE BY THESE RULES, I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE CYBER POLICE.