Where am I going wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• kariebo
    kariebo Posts: 101
    Options
    I would suggest upping your protein and maybe even cutting back on some of the carbs... and like everyone else, up the intake
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    As soon as I saw "Where am I going wrong?" I said, you're probably eating 1,200 calories and I was right. As everyone else has probably already said, you are not eating enough. I am 5' 2" and I eat 1,400 cals, do practically no exercise and lose. You need to fuel you body if you are exercising, so eat more.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating anywhere near enough. I'm 5'2 losing on 1600 - 1800 cals a day.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

Yes, same.
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Good Morning: I read your story and I think you are eating too many carbs. If you will allow me to give you a little nutritional lesson, I think you will get your body burning calories at the highest level in no time flat.
    When most people think of carbs they think bread, cookies, pasta but there are 2 different types of carbs-Fast Carbs and Slow Carbs.
    And when combined properly they slow down the glucose-which affects insulin levels in the body.
    Which in turn either turns your body into a fat burning machine or a fat storing machine.
    On any given day a person should have at each meal a protein , a fast carb, and a slow carb,and plenty of water.
    You are clearly getting a lot of exercise-so food is your area that needs to be addressed.
    There are so many foods to choose from:

Fast Carbs-Women Slow Cabs:
    Pasta, potatoes.-1 cup Tomatoes,Squashes,Turnip, mushrooms,carrots,peppers,brocoli, brussel
    Bread-2 (size of your palm) sprouts,green beans,asparagus --1 cup
    Corn, rice,grains 1/2 cup All berries, grapefruit,lemons, limes,apricots-1 cup
    High sugar fruits melons-2 cups All beans, peas etc... 1/2 cup
    grapes, pineapple, cherries -1 cup
    apples, oranges, bananas- 1 medium
    plums, tangerines-2 medium
    dried fruits- prunes, raisins,figs-1/4 cup

Protein: eggs 1. meats-3-4 oz, fishes-3-4 oz Combine these at each meal and you'll be burning off the fat you want!

Best Regards! anniegail1961
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Hi again Bethany: When I pushed reply --the sentence got all squished together. The slow carbs start at tomatoes,squash,berries,beans Sorry I didn't mean to mess it up!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I suppose I was very naive thinking if I stuck to a very low calorie diet it would speed up my weight loss. I will increase this and see how I go.

Would you suggest increasing this with snacks or by adding more carbs into my main meal? I currently tend to only eat carbs 3 - 4 times a week with dinner due to a fear it will automatically convert to fat!

I'm not the cleverest when it comes to diet & fitness as you can tell!

To me it looks like you need to add more protien and less carbs.

I agree about the protein. It seems you already have enough carbs to fuel your swimming and stuff, I would focus on hitting that protein mark.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Good Morning: I read your story and I think you are eating too many carbs. If you will allow me to give you a little nutritional lesson, I think you will get your body burning calories at the highest level in no time flat.
    When most people think of carbs they think bread, cookies, pasta but there are 2 different types of carbs-Fast Carbs and Slow Carbs.
    And when combined properly they slow down the glucose-which affects insulin levels in the body.
    Which in turn either turns your body into a fat burning machine or a fat storing machine.
    On any given day a person should have at each meal a protein , a fast carb, and a slow carb,and plenty of water.
    You are clearly getting a lot of exercise-so food is your area that needs to be addressed.
    There are so many foods to choose from:

Fast Carbs-Women Slow Cabs:
    Pasta, potatoes.-1 cup Tomatoes,Squashes,Turnip, mushrooms,carrots,peppers,brocoli, brussel
    Bread-2 (size of your palm) sprouts,green beans,asparagus --1 cup
    Corn, rice,grains 1/2 cup All berries, grapefruit,lemons, limes,apricots-1 cup
    High sugar fruits melons-2 cups All beans, peas etc... 1/2 cup
    grapes, pineapple, cherries -1 cup
    apples, oranges, bananas- 1 medium
    plums, tangerines-2 medium
    dried fruits- prunes, raisins,figs-1/4 cup

Protein: eggs 1. meats-3-4 oz, fishes-3-4 oz Combine these at each meal and you'll be burning off the fat you want!

Best Regards! anniegail1961

No. Compete nonsense.
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    Sometimes I'd swear there's a mass conspiracy going on. I've been 176, I'm now 155 on my way to 140 and hopefully lower.
    You've got 30 pounds of fat just sitting there waiting to be burned off and people are telling you to eat more?? Carbs, protein, sodium - all irrelevant!

You are eating MORE than you think you are! Or you are not moving (and burning calories) nearly as much as you think your are!
    Be very precise with your logging - and be careful which items you choose on the list. I don't know about Europe, but it seems almost everything in Canada has more calories than it's equivalent in the US.

Or something in your mind or soul wants to stay over weight. And the mind has the power to keep a body fat no matter what a person does. Your body is the physical manifestation of your thoughts and feelings - believe it.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'd swear there's a mass conspiracy going on. I've been 176, I'm now 155 on my way to 140 and hopefully lower.
    You've got 30 pounds of fat just sitting there waiting to be burned off and people are telling you to eat more?? Carbs, protein, sodium - all irrelevant!

You are eating MORE than you think you are! Or you are not moving (and burning calories) nearly as much as you think your are!
    Be very precise with your logging - and be careful which items you choose on the list. I don't know about Europe, but it seems almost everything in Canada has more calories than it's equivalent in the US.

Or something in your mind or soul wants to stay over weight. And the mind has the power to keep a body fat no matter what a person does. Your body is the physical manifestation of your thoughts and feelings - believe it.

Oh good, more nonsense :grumble:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

so this is why i cant get rid of the last bit of fat over my abs.... my evil soul doesnt want that much muscle definition!!!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Combine these at each meal and you'll be burning off the fat you want!

so i can eat 3000 calories of bread and eggs and i will burn off all my fat....?!!?!?!?!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Bethany, it looks to me like you are eating a lot of carbohydrate. What kind of breakfast bar are you eating? The banana, ryvita, popcorn, biscuits, fruit, casserole/lasagna all have lots of carbohydrate. It's up to you, but I would switch one of those out to something protein rich.

The carbs don't have as much to do with it as the fact she is not eating enough. Cabs don't magically convert to fat if you are on a deficit. High cab / low carb doesn't matter unless you have a medical condition that such as pcos.

^Agreed.

It is important to make sure you are getting enough protein and fats, but after you hit those goals (or plan for them in your day), having carbs isn't a problem.