Coffee Creamer

Options

Replies

• Agannon0728
    Agannon0728 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thats exactly what I switched too, dont like to fact that I was "drinking" calories away
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Take 1 scoop of your favorite flavor whey protein.
    Mix it in a shaker with 1/2c skim milk and 1/2 water.

Shake that effer.

Then use it as coffee creamer.

Then marvel at yourself for being baller.

Interesting... I'm going to have to experiment with this one!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest flavored coffee as well or maybe completely changing your coffee. I am a fan of creamers and use them daily, but if I buy really yummy, grind it yourself coffee then I find I don't need any sort of creamer because the coffee is just that delicious. So, M-F I use creamer because I have no control over the coffee brewed at work, but on weekends I grind and brew my own and drink it black. Good coffee really makes all the difference in the world.
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    these sugar free flavored syrups sound good - where do u buy them :) otherwise i am a tsp of sugar and 1 tbsp of white chocolate caramel creamer :) mmm
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I have a regular maker, an espresso machine, and a french press pot. I've switched from sugar to stevia in the raw for sweetness and keep several different sugar-free flavoured syrups along with a bottle of peppermint oil to flavour it. To cut back on my cream/creamer usage I just gradually added a bit less until I was only using the serving size. Atm I can get by with a half serving in my single cups of coffee or one whole serving in the big double cups.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    WHEN I drink coffee I add about 1/4 cup of fat free milk and one packet of splenda (or equal) it tastes the same as an iced coffee from Starbucks.
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    Drink it black, or with plain ol' Half&Half
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I use powered creamer and also add either vanilla or caramel sugar free Torani flavoring syrup. Soooo good
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I use stevia sweetener (Truvia or Purevia brand). It's a natural sweetener that doesn't affect your body the way aspartame and other artificial sweeteners do. If you can't do it without the creaminess, try a little vanilla flavoring and some skim or almond milk.
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Gotta have my coffee. Drop the creamer by 1/2 once a week until you are putting only a tsp in then see if you still like coffee. If the answer is no then drink less and less each week until you are barely taking a few sips then cut it. If you do it all at once then you are going to have a major headache and cravings. cravings are not good.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Try Silk AlmondMilk or CoconutMilk. It's thicker than skim, but less calories. If you want a slightly sweeter version, get the ones with Vanilla - a few more calories, but still nothing compared to coffee creamer, or even skim milk. good luck!
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I eased off the creamer then sugar until I didn't need either anymore. If you want to go with a healthy option, use actual half and half and sugar (then cut back on the sugar). That Nestle stuff is bad news. I use some almond milk at home, nothing at the office, and half and half if I get coffee out (rare).
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I also use some unsweetened chocolate almond milk now and then. It is a yummy chocolate coffee treat!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I use almond breeze almond/coconut milk with a little coconut oil mixed in. it is yummy!
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the creamer - love it. My new fave is the Almond Toffee Cream by Bailey's (sadly no alocohl included). Is it the amount you put in one cup of coffee or the number of cups you have over the course of the day? I cut down to just one cup a day (two if I've had a really good workout or am just dragging that much), but I really stick to the creamer serving size (equivalent to a single shot-shot glass) then add a little skim milk as well.

I've tried a couple of altenate things that I really like - splenda, skim milk, and a little nutmeg and/or cinnamon. I also like the vanilla almond milk (not the unsweetened kind) wiht no added sweetener.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    these sugar free flavored syrups sound good - where do u buy them :) otherwise i am a tsp of sugar and 1 tbsp of white chocolate caramel creamer :) mmm

I've found the Torani brand in some grocery stores or it can be ordered online. There are oodles of flavours in regular and sugar-free. I also got some from Starbucks. In Canada the large bottles are around $9.99.
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I used to use table sugar and non dairy creamer in my coffee. First I gave up the creamer completely. Then when I got used to that, I experimented with the no calorie sweeteners until I found one I like. They all taste a little different. My preference is the blue packets. Doesn't matter if its nutrasweet or great value...they all taste the same as long as they are in the blue packet :-) I drink coffee from the time I get up til the time I go to bed, so I made the adjustments so I wouldn't have to give it up! I would never go back to cream and sugar. Love it the way I drink it now!
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I was horribly addicted to coffee (tim hortons) but I could NOT drink it black or with milk. So I quit coffee altogether and now I drink tea and dont have to add anything to it ;)
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    You could use Farmlands Fat Free Half and Half, 15cals a serving. Creamer is bad news overall.

I normally just drink it black with sugar.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I could not have sweet cream in my house. I'd have chugged that thing right out of the bottle...mmmmmmm