females who wear make up

Options
I would love to befriend females who wear make up. I bought me a big make up case and manicure set. I've always wanted to wear make up and pamper myself. this will be my first time wearing it so I would love to be friend women who wear it and can give me beauty tips. yes I am totally serious on this.

Replies

• LioshaM
    LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I wear make up occasionally, but really I get all of my makeup tips from Youtube... Check out Makeupgeek... Simply Marlena I think... She's so pretty also lost over 100 pounds and gives clothing tips for curvy girls...
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You should start with more natural, neutral colors and then start experimenting.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup everyday, but it's not really heavy or dramatic. I just feel 100x better if I have on a little makeup, styled hair, and heels!!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Fun! What brand and what products did you buy? ^_^
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    I wear makeup everyday, but it's not really heavy or dramatic. I just feel 100x better if I have on a little makeup, styled hair, and heels!!

This. Start out small, don't overboard. Try and find a daily make up style that you like. Mine is brown eye liner on my top lid, mascara, some cover up, a neutral blush, and a lip gloss. From there you can start experimenting.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    try to avoid this look, and you should be fine

tumblr_lye43p2g5C1qgb8pq.gif
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It was a walmart brand called something like Glamorous tiger. it has a lot of eye shadow, blush, lip gloss, lipstick.

a manicure set same brand name it has a lot of nail polish most are pink, red, white etc. I myself love the vibrant colors.

I am all new to this but ready for change. I went from 250 pounds to my current 169 pounds. when I was heavier I was embarrassed at my appearance but as I am working on me from the inside out I am becoming a more confident lady ready to step out from my shell. if that makes any since
  • paintedr3d
    Options
    Some girls wear to much make up while others don't wear enough
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Wow.

This is both sexist and offensive.

I enjoy wearing make up. Not too sure why you felt the need to exclude men from this party.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Fuzzy hippo socks on yellow faced banana eaters. Fire breathing squirrels. Are pillows edible?
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Wow.

I enjoy wearing make up. Not too sure why you felt the need to exclude men from this party.

tumblr_lzq11lKXxy1qezddto1_500.gif
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Wow.

Would you like to borrow my eyeliner??
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    Options
    not meant to be I've just never met guys who wore make up is all
  • elizarae11
    elizarae11 Posts: 346
    Options
    i agree with whoever said to start out with more natural colors, you dont want to start off to big, ya know? pinterest has tons of tips and stuff for make up and hair and nails and stuff! i only wear eyeliner and mascara because i'm lazy haha.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I wear no foundation or blush and rarely lipstick. I accentuate my eyes since that's my best facial feature. Pick either eyes or lips and accentuate that feature, if you do both you'll wind up looking like a drag queen...not that there's anything wrong with that some are actually quite beautiful.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Do some mascara and a neutral lip gloss or a light pink gloss. With mascara I do one I (top and bottom lashes), then the other eye, then I immediately follow up with a second coat on each eye (in the same order). If you let the mascara dry all the way before applying the second coat, it will be clumpy.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup on a day to day basis. But, I do occasionally wear a light amount of makeup for special occasions and dance performances.

I got my makeup info from reading books by Bobbi Brown and she has youtube videos. She also has her own makeup line, and it is sold in Sephora.

I just use a pressed powder (to reduce shine and even out my skin), then a light blush, and Fresh sugar rose lip balm (I actually wear that everyday and it has spf in it). I am going to buy some under eye corrector and concealer the next time I need to travel and am under stress (just in case I get dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep). And I don't wear eye makeup (because I worry it will smudge onto my face), but I do curl my eyelashes.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I suck at being a girl. All I ever wear is mascara and occasionally eye liner. A hair straightener is a good tool as well. These are all easy to use and make a nice difference I feel.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    Options
    from what others said my eyes are my best feature they tell me my brown eyes sparkle so perhaps wear eye shadow , a light blush and lip gloss for now.

what is good for dark circles under the eyes?
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Youtube has a lot of really good tutorials! I can get sucked into watching them for hours! This lady www.youtube.com/user/kandeejohnson has a lot of interesting ones and she is pretty entertaining to watch :smile: