females who wear make up

Options

Replies

• sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Go to a make-up counter at any department store. They will show you how to apply everything, and help you pick colors that work for you. They do it for free, and usually they're happy to help.
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    already friends :) i wear make problay 364 out of the 365 days of the year lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    from what others said my eyes are my best feature they tell me my brown eyes sparkle so perhaps wear eye shadow , a light blush and lip gloss for now.

what is good for dark circles under the eyes?

I learned about this from Bobbi Brown. It depends on your skin tone, but you look light skinned like me. So for me (and I haven't tried this yet) I will get the kit by Bobbi Brown (it's expensive, so I'm sure you can get something less expensive to try out). I am going to get a light pinky-bisque corrector (apply that first), then a warm ivory concealer (this should be one shade lighter than your skin) and that comes with a yellow toned finishing powder (a small brush is needed for this). But, I am only getting this in anticipation of something stressful I need to travel for and the last time I was in that situation I had dark circles like I had never seen before (because I was crying in my sleep).
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Go to a make-up counter at any department store. They will show you how to apply everything, and help you pick colors that work for you. They do it for free, and usually they're happy to help.

^This. You could also get ahold of a Mary Kay or Beauty Control consultant that will help you figure it out. Youtube and pinterest are also great sources for make up.

I wear a full face of make up every day (except on "work around the house" days). It takes a lot of practice and experimentation to get it right.

Start with a light foundation or powder on your face, along with some mascara and lip gloss. When you feel comfortable with that, add a light eyeshadow (think of a light tan or champagne color). Then, add in some eyeliner and blush. When you're comfortable with your "every day" face, start playing with colors.

Good luck!
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i agree with whoever said to start out with more natural colors, you don't want to start off to big, ya know? Pinterest has tons of tips and stuff for make up and hair and nails and stuff!

I agree with starting out with more natural colors as well. I wear makeup EVERY day. I love makeup, I experiment with it on a daily basis. I buy new products just to try them. I do wear primer, foundation, powder ... just about everything. I find makeup as a way to express myself, it's like an art form to me. My day to day wear is primer(to even tone), foundation(with spf 15), pressed powder(for a finished look), mascara and some lip gloss. Pinterest has an abundance of tips and ideas.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I agree! Sephora is also good. Or The Body Shop.
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    My profile photo was from a night I was going out on the town in San Diego, that's why the dramatic lip, but I also normally where 'daytime' makeup to work and am pretty skilled at liquid liner and know my products pretty well. Did makeup for theater in high school and college. I've had several relatives and friends request I do make-up for their weddings (which I did). I guess you could say it's a hobby. I like making my friends feel pretty.

So feel free to friend me, you can ask as many questions as you like.:wink:
  • Polishprincess83
    Polishprincess83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Took me practice but, I got it. Youtube also has some amazing videos.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I agree! Sephora is also good. Or The Body Shop.

This. I am totally clueless about makeup. I go to MAC or Sephora, there are none locally so it's only when I travel. I bought a little at a time because those stores can be pricey. Once I had the basics I literally walked in with the make up I already owned and asked for help with doing a different look. They helped pick out other colors/items that work with what i already had. They've always been really helpful. I still can't quite get it too look as good as they do but I'm getting better.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    I only wear lip gloss and eye liner really no foundation don't need it sometimes make up can do more havoc then good if you buy the wrong kind
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I hate make-up.
  • maggiet63
    maggiet63 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    lol you try wearing it. I bet you'd make a few mistakes like us mere females do.
  • SweetTeaAndCutoffs
    SweetTeaAndCutoffs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty basic routine...concealer under eyes if needed, bronzer, blush, highlighter, eyeshadow, black and blue eyeliner mixed, mascara, gloss. THEN, if I'm going out, I do more dramatic eyes or natural eyes and bright lips. I have SO much makeup, but really only use 10 or so products consistenly.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    youtube is the place to go for this..
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Wow.

This is both sexist and offensive.

I enjoy wearing make up. Not too sure why you felt the need to exclude men from this party.

heyyyy, boy. you'd look good with some eyeliner. punk rock. heheh ;)

also, whyyyyyy are "females" and "males" overrused on MFP? what happened to "women" and "men"?
  • chocmad
    chocmad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Start with be aural colours the naked palettes are awesome for this then build ur looks.. Experiment with your eye shape...brushes are key..I love the real techniques ones and they also do videos to see how to use the brushes. Let me know how u get a long :-)
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Wow.

I enjoy wearing make up. Not too sure why you felt the need to exclude men from this party.

:laugh:
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Fuzzy hippo socks on yellow faced banana eaters. Fire breathing squirrels. Are pillows edible?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You made me snort.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    for me I just stick with mascara and lipstick and maby some foundation and some glossy type of spray for my hair to keep the frizzies away. Very low maintenance for me is the way to go.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow.

heyyyy, boy. you'd look good with some eyeliner. punk rock. heheh ;)

also, whyyyyyy are "females" and "males" overrused on MFP? what happened to "women" and "men"?

It's really all the same sweetie....
    What about Ladies and Gentlemen?
    Splitting hairs

To the OP: Like other's have said:
    A make up counter might be helpful
    Go natural looking as possible
    LiL mascara, blush, lip gloss can go a long way