I am so upset!

Options
I wasn't sure where to post this.

I lift 4-5 days per week and walk 5 miles everyday except Sunday.
My walk is my daughter's morning nap.

Today, while walking the last mile, a man threw a soda at us and hit my 7 month old. She was soaked and it was already a cold cloudy day. Of course she was upset and screaming but thankfully I had brought an extra blanket and wrapped her up and was able to calm her down. Unfortunately he went around the curve before I was able to get his license plate number.

I wish I could have filed a police report! What type of human being would throw anything at a stranger let alone a baby!! I sobbed the entire rest of the walk home. My daughter is fine, I am sitting with her in the bathroom as she is splashing and playing in her tub while she gets warmed up and gets the sticky mess off. But what if it were a glass bottle? Or hot coffee? I live in one of the safest cities in the nation.

I don't know why but I really don't feel comfortable sharing this somewhere else. I just had to get it off of my chest. I am just beyond upset.

Replies

• wick09
    wick09 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    See if the homes/businesses have cameras...he might be on there and you can file charges.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hugs. As a fellow mum I can understand how you feel.

Hope your little one is OK and don't let this man spoil your walks together.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Wow. What an ahole!! He sounds like a peice of feces.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    That is terrible. My guess the idiot was just done drinking his drink and tossed it out without even looking to see who was around. I doubt (or really hope) that he was not intentionally aiming at you or your daughter. Like you said this could have been much serious if it was a hot beverage. Not much you can do, just chalk it up to stupidity of one person. let it go though.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    See if the homes/businesses have cameras...he might be on there and you can file charges.

This. If you were around your neighborhood, maybe some one has home cameras. Does not hurt to try. So sorry for you little girl. Thank heavens it was not a hot coffee.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    This is why there are so many threads regarding carrying a gun while you jog. So you can shoot out the tires of people like this.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Evil people exist everywhere but fortunately they are few and far between even though the media would have us believe otherwise.

I'm sorry about your experience; it made me angry reading about it. If you can remember the make and model and colour of the vehicle, exact time it happened, etc, you can report it. You can report it no matter what because he might be driving around in the same area doing that to other people. If you don't easily recognize different kinds of vehicles you can learn.

However, since there is not much you can do about it now, do your best to accept it and move on so that your child doesn't pick up on your stress and fear.
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

It was very residential so only homes, but maybe a stoplight would have something. I am filing a report anyway even though I was only able to see the car for a few seconds.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    That is terrible. My guess the idiot was just done drinking his drink and tossed it out without even looking to see who was around. I doubt (or really hope) that he was not intentionally aiming at you or your daughter. Like you said this could have been much serious if it was a hot beverage. Not much you can do, just chalk it up to stupidity of one person. let it go though.

This.

Don't think of the what if's just be glad it wasn't worse, chalk it up to an *kitten* and move on. Your daughter is OK, you are OK everything is good.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    This is why there are so many threads regarding carrying a gun while you jog. So you can shoot out the tires of people like this.

Yeah, real good idea!!!! If she misses the tire and ends up shooting higher up. <shakes my head>
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's terrible! I would be so upset too. I agree with the comments about seeing if there was a camera near by.

:o(
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

THIS^

Law abiding citizens, especially women, should be armed. :flowerforyou: (and that's coming from a Canadian who is a single Mom and NOT afraid of men and/or firearms.)
  • ChrisRiches
    Options
    What do you want us to do?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you really wanted to know what we could do to help. Clearly she needed a place to vent and maybe hear some words to make her feel better. Even a simple "Wow, that was a really crappy thing that happened.Sorry to hear about this" would probably have helped.
  • tryingsooohard
    Options
    You sure it was a soda not a beer?not that it matters but surely no human being can be that cruel in feeling right from wrong. Really sad
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Only a vile excuse for a human being would do something like that. Curses on him and his progeny!
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

This.

Don't think of the what if's just be glad it wasn't worse, chalk it up to an *kitten* and move on. Your daughter is OK, you are OK everything is good.

He yelled something when he did it (not sure what, I had headphones in) so I am fairly sure it was intentional unfortunately. And of course I will be okay and so will she, I just needed to vent because I am pretty shaken up. I just don't get why someone would do something like that to a child. I'll get over it, it is still just fresh.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Yeah, real good idea!!!! If she misses the tire and ends up shooting higher up. <shakes my head>

It was a joke, lighten up.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    What do you want us to do?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you really wanted to know what we could do to help. Clearly she needed a place to vent and maybe hear some words to make her feel better. Even a simple "Wow, that was a really crappy thing that happened.Sorry to hear about this" would probably have helped.

This.
    OP, so sorry that happened. I have little ones and I would be soooooo upset if something like that happened.
  • KristenRidl
    KristenRidl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Awww... I am so sorry!! That is not right in the least. So glad you are home and your little one's getting warm in the bath! Just put a smile on your face and have a wonderful rest of the day. Don't let some creep-o get you down!! :-D
  • RychelleD
    RychelleD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    How terrible. Id be so upset if someone did that to my baby.:( Some ppl are so awful