I am so upset!

Options

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    This is why there are so many threads regarding carrying a gun while you jog. So you can shoot out the tires of people like this.

THIS^

Law abiding citizens, especially women, should be armed. :flowerforyou: (and that's coming from a Canadian who is a single Mom and NOT afraid of men and/or firearms.)

Be armed, by all means, but do not fire a gun, even at someone's tires, unless your life is in danger. That's likely to get you a felony conviction. And if your life is in danger, aim for the chest.
  • scottsachs330
    scottsachs330 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you and your daughter had to go through such an event. I do agree for the sake of venting and feeling some sort of closure, that you would file the report. Glad that everyone is safe, physically but keep in mind that if you are feeling it mentally that you should discuss it with your daughter. She might have some questions that she might not know how to ask.

My heart and sympathies go out.
    Scott
  • Tenley11
    Tenley11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is a truly terrible story. I, too, hope that it was a mistake because I can't believe someone would do that to a mother and a baby out on a walk. I hope you feel better soon.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    as a single mom with a daughter I would also be veru upset about someone doing that. I would defintely file charges aganist him.

as a mom my instinct would have been to hit him with my purse for being so careless.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure where to post this.

I lift 4-5 days per week and walk 5 miles everyday except Sunday.
    My walk is my daughter's morning nap.

Today, while walking the last mile, a man threw a soda at us and hit my 7 month old. She was soaked and it was already a cold cloudy day. Of course she was upset and screaming but thankfully I had brought an extra blanket and wrapped her up and was able to calm her down. Unfortunately he went around the curve before I was able to get his license plate number.

I wish I could have filed a police report! What type of human being would throw anything at a stranger let alone a baby!! I sobbed the entire rest of the walk home. My daughter is fine, I am sitting with her in the bathroom as she is splashing and playing in her tub while she gets warmed up and gets the sticky mess off. But what if it were a glass bottle? Or hot coffee? I live in one of the safest cities in the nation.

I don't know why but I really don't feel comfortable sharing this somewhere else. I just had to get it off of my chest. I am just beyond upset.

I am so sorry that this happened to you and your daughter... People really just effing suck and are truly a waste of space. I had an incident happen to me last August that caused me to stop running outside and also gain 25 lbs back because I was just completely mortified. Fortunately my kids weren't with me but I cannot imagine what I would have done if they were.

I'm glad you and your daughter are both physically ok.
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    What do you want us to do?
  • Andreagay60
    Options
    Well....for one thing...you could stop being so hateful. :ohwell: ( This was meant to respond to the person that asked " What do you want us to do "....that is so hateful.)
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have a 14 yo and I certainly understand how upsetting this would be to an innocent 7 mo. baby. Be careful and take good care of yourself and your baby. I am assuming you are shock by the incident. Happy to support you and letting your frustrations and feelings out lady.. Sorry to hear about other's stupid unsensitive remarks.Wishing you a better day. :flowerforyou:
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options

If you mean this... You are a very nasty person! And you do not deserve supportive people around you!
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ug, you poor thing! What a moron! Once upon a time I was sitting near the river enjoying a beautiful day with a friend when a guy spit off the top of a bridge that went overhead. It landed just a few feet away from us. I yelled at him and he took off running. He did not even know anybody was down there! The drink guy was probably totally oblivious to anything going on around him. But you might want to call in a report anyway just in case you find out who it was later on (or someone else reports it) they'll have record of it. So glad nobody was hurt.

Edit: Just read back several posts that he yelled something out the window. Glad you are filing a report! I really hope they find the %#&%.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    That is terrible. My guess the idiot was just done drinking his drink and tossed it out without even looking to see who was around. I doubt (or really hope) that he was not intentionally aiming at you or your daughter. Like you said this could have been much serious if it was a hot beverage. Not much you can do, just chalk it up to stupidity of one person. let it go though.

This.

Don't think of the what if's just be glad it wasn't worse, chalk it up to an *kitten* and move on. Your daughter is OK, you are OK everything is good.

He yelled something when he did it (not sure what, I had headphones in) so I am fairly sure it was intentional unfortunately. And of course I will be okay and so will she, I just needed to vent because I am pretty shaken up. I just don't get why someone would do something like that to a child. I'll get over it, it is still just fresh.

Ok, that makes a difference is he yelled something, then yes it was intentional for whatever reason. Still not much you can do. You can report it, that's it.
  • tryingsooohard
    Options
    Should be a front page newspaper story.really that's terrible.if a person risks another's like that,they don't have much of their own.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options

You know what.. I'm going through some emotional *kitten* right now.. and the worst thing to hear when you need to vent.. is this! How rude! She needs someone to LISTEN. Sometimes that is really all you need but people can be rude and insensitive. This is why people feel so alone.

I say... karma will take care of that douche bag. Don't let it stop you guys, just keep an eye out for the guy and be ready to get that plate number. I'd see if any one else might have been around and saw it too..
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^ You my dear need to learn empathy for other people!!

I am so sorry this happened to you and your precious baby! I hope it doesn't stop you from enjoying a walk in the future. I can not believe someone would do that to anyone,,,least of all a baby!! :(
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options

Sounds like something the guy who threw the soda would say.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    This is why there are so many threads regarding carrying a gun while you jog. So you can shoot out the tires of people like this.

Yeah, real good idea!!!! If she misses the tire and ends up shooting higher up. <shakes my head>

It was a joke, lighten up.

Yeah, that was so obvious it was a joke.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options

Seriously. :grumble: (MFP really needs an eye rolling smiley so I could use it here 1000 times).

--

I am sorry that happened to you. I would have reacted the same way if someone did that to me and my girl. What an *kitten*, the person that did that.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options

Yeah, real good idea!!!! If she misses the tire and ends up shooting higher up. <shakes my head>

I'm not seeing the issue there?
  • Andreagay60
    Options
    Amen
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'd hope that it wasn't deliberate and he was just a careless idiot. Glad your daughter's OK :flowerforyou: