I am so upset!

Options

Replies

• tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry this happened to you. I would have been really, really upset as well. My guess is you'll feel better about it tomorrow, and better still the day after, until it eventually won't bother you anymore. Please don't stop walking with your daughter. Hope you're ok xxx
  • CubicCutie
    Options
    Poor you. i would be upset too and you are probably still a bit shocked. Only a nutter would do that or someone high as a kite.
    Your daughter will have forgotten about it in the morning. Hope you can too.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    What do you want us to do?
    Asking "What do you want us to do?" is a legitimate question. It may not be filled with love, kindness and patience. But it is also devoid of malice. It doesn't call anyone names, or attack anyone. Yet a good portion of responses are solely about this one reply. (Really? Asking a direct question in this thread is on the same level as the guy who threw the soda?)

Straight up direct question. Don't know why people freak out about that. Oh, and the question was answered by the OP. She wanted sympathy. So now that's clear.

OP, I'm sorry you went through that. Sounds scary. Glad you and your child are OK.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Asking "What do you want us to do?" is a legitimate question. It may not be filled with love, kindness and patience. But it is also devoid of malice. It doesn't call anyone names, or attack anyone. Yet a good portion of responses are solely about this one reply. (Really? Asking a direct question in this thread is on the same level as the guy who threw the soda?)

Straight up direct question. Don't know why people freak out about that. Oh, and the question was answered by the OP. She wanted sympathy. So now that's clear.

OP, I'm sorry you went through that. Sounds scary. Glad you and your child are OK.
    Nah. I've seen Melsauntie before and this isn't the first time she's been a terrible person. I've just moved on before but there's a limit.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    And why *didn't* you file a police report, exactly?

uh duhh maybe because she didn't get the license plate because she couldn't duhhh

You know, she could describe the vehicle even if she didn't get the plate. Describe the driver maybe. Perhaps there was an officer in the area who might be able to keep his/her eyes open. You never know.
    use your brain!

Stay classy.

I will help you understand. When emulating another, you take on their characteristics. Only in la la land do cops actually do something about these incidents - or even more "serious" ones. In the real world (and I live in a small town) They DON'T drive around and keep an eye open for this sort of thing. Even in a small town. I have had plenty of conversations with "officers of the law" and yeah, they're not as helpful as you like to believe. They require a lot more evidence then one, or a few, phone calls. Yeah buddy, look for that random tan minivan. Come on now.

Oh, you talked to a few officers, huh? Good for you. I used to work as a dispatcher in a fairly large city and we'd have officers check on this sort of thing all the time. I'm done arguing with you, though. I've no time for your condescending attitude.

tumblr_m80gqyNTw61raatr6o1_400.gif
  • KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

uh duhh maybe because she didn't get the license plate because she couldn't duhhh

You know, she could describe the vehicle even if she didn't get the plate. Describe the driver maybe. Perhaps there was an officer in the area who might be able to keep his/her eyes open. You never know.
    use your brain!

Stay classy.

I will help you understand. When emulating another, you take on their characteristics. Only in la la land do cops actually do something about these incidents - or even more "serious" ones. In the real world (and I live in a small town) They DON'T drive around and keep an eye open for this sort of thing. Even in a small town. I have had plenty of conversations with "officers of the law" and yeah, they're not as helpful as you like to believe. They require a lot more evidence then one, or a few, phone calls. Yeah buddy, look for that random tan minivan. Come on now.

Oh, you talked to a few officers, huh? Good for you. I used to work as a dispatcher in a fairly large city and we'd have officers check on this sort of thing all the time. I'm done arguing with you, though. I've no time for your condescending attitude.

*lol* I just had a visual of officers telling you that they were going to go "check on it" and stopping at a donut shop. By the way, that wasn't an argument. Settle down. This is JUST the internet ;) You are right - she could have filed a report so that police could have at least been alerted in case it happened again. Sometimes when something like this happens (as a mother with a child) you don't think about it until it is too late. You MAY remember the color of the vehicle, you may remember if it was a car or a van. It probably happened too fast for her to catch a glimpse of the driver. I think the point of this thread is to comfort mom not ask her why she didn't do this or that.
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Aww, I'm so sorry that happened to you. *hugs* Is it possible that he was just being a litter bug and the soda accidentally hit your baby? Either way, he's wrong because nobody should be dumping things like that anyway. I hope you and your baby are feeling better.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

use your brain!

Stay classy.

*You are right

That's all I wanted to hear. Snarky Chef Ramsay comment withdrawn. :)

I suppose the officers COULD have just gone to the donut shop...but in the department I worked with the supervisors were pretty strict about that sort of thing.

And I wasn't trying to pile on the OP...I was genuinely curious why she didn't call. I suppose I underestimated the strength of the "cops can't do anything" attitude in some communities.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Aww, I'm so sorry that happened to you. *hugs* Is it possible that he was just being a litter bug and the soda accidentally hit your baby? Either way, he's wrong because nobody should be dumping things like that anyway. I hope you and your baby are feeling better.

She later on said that he yelled something at her.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Oh, if that happened to me, or my child, I would be livid! Too bad you were unable to get the license plate number, but just keep in mind the color and make of the car if you remember - i guess you could have reported that, but I'm not sure if the police could really do anything with that information. :/ Hopefully you don't see him around again, but if you do, at least you'll be more prepared to get the plate number.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    OH wow wtf would he do that for!!! He could have really hurt one of you!
  • Project_Jodie
    Options

NASTY
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    some people just don't think!! Glad you and your daughter are both okay :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

She just wanted a little um oh whats the site for oh yeah SUPPORT!
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    You poor thing - that is terrible. I'm glad to hear that you and your baby are ok. I hope that you might be lucky and someone got the idiot on camera. :(

I hope karma comes around and bites the guy on the *kitten*

Keep up your walking and try not let this pathetic person ruin what is obviously something you enjoy doing xx
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'd hope that it wasn't deliberate and he was just a careless idiot. Glad your daughter's OK :flowerforyou:
    Ditto on that comment. Its what I hope.

Unfortunately, there are complete A-WOLEs who get off on making other people feel bad. I just had a complete A-WOLE experience yesterday that had me flabbergasted, but, it was just verbal. You made me feel better by sharing.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    That's horrible! Must have been a crazy person.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    That is terrible. My guess the idiot was just done drinking his drink and tossed it out without even looking to see who was around. I doubt (or really hope) that he was not intentionally aiming at you or your daughter. Like you said this could have been much serious if it was a hot beverage. Not much you can do, just chalk it up to stupidity of one person. let it go though.

This.

Don't think of the what if's just be glad it wasn't worse, chalk it up to an *kitten* and move on. Your daughter is OK, you are OK everything is good.

I have to agree with these comments -- as awful as it is, he was probably just an idiot littering, not attacking you. It's definitely a rattling experience though, and you might want to consider a different walking route... just saying... but this is one of those instances in life where you be thankful for the fact that it WAS just an idiot littering and not someone with malicious intent. Hope the stroller didn't get ruined!
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hugs. That's despicable!
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    She later on said that he yelled something at her.

Oh, okay, thanks. Then, he's an even bigger jerk than I thought.