Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What was YOUR NSV today?!

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    My dad is going to start nutrisystem, and going through the "I want this because in a few days I won't be able to have it anymore" and I completely passed up on ben n jerrys ice-cream and the red velvet skinny cow ice-cream. I knew I already was going over my calories and didn't want to completely blow the day so instead I abstained. He also wanted a pie and I told him he better get a single serving one because I wasn't going to eat any of it
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    OP - I wish I could look that good when I am sick, LOL you have a victory for sure
    SPILTDOG!!!! wowsers, never met anyone before that lost 180+ pounds, gotta be better getting huggles now : )

My NSV was a mindset, I declined a "free" piece of pie at Village Inn, a yr ago, I would have been all over that : )

Oh girl I would have been all over that pie too!! lol And thanks! Sinus infection and pharyngitis have had me down for the count for two days! When I found these pants and saw that they actually fit me again I just had to take a pic! :drinker:
  • rems2012
    rems2012 Posts: 33 Member
    Bought new pair of pants years ago and didnt fit..so i put it all the way back in the closet...today i found it and tried it on, and they are my perfect size!
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    good for you! I bet that felt great. Just don't overdo it.....(okay, the Mom in me just comes out unbidden....) Take care and stay well!
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    I had 2 NSVs!

First - I noticed an indention in my upper belly that wasn't there 2 days ago... Looked like someone pushed in with their thumb or something! lol ... I am starting to shed visceral fat!

2nd - I burned 1,459 calories!! It was unintentional. I didn't plan to shop around for hours and get walking in. I also didn't have a Heart Rate Monitor until tonight either, so what I have been calculating for TapouT XT is wrong!! I estimated 550 calories for Plyo tonight, but my HRM read 649! I was way off! :P So excited about burning so many! I burned off the subway sandwich I ate for dinner only an hour later. :)
  • amatxuof5
    amatxuof5 Posts: 40
    I have been suffering with sciatica muscle spasms and was able to walk four miles tonight after my second day of therapy.

That is awesome! 4 miles is HUGE -especially when in pain! Congratulations!
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    I love this thread so much that I am going to post again!

NSV--people on MFP are now asking ME for weight loss advice and how I've lost my weight since Jan. 3rd. That is so mind blowing to me. I am just in awe. :)

Totally rocked my ego--I just knew I was awesome!!
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    I saw some old friends yesterday and they kept commenting on how good I looked. As I was getting ready, I put on a pair of "fat" pants, but they wouldn't stay up. I've altered these pants before after a 40 pound weight loss, but had to undo that as I gained the weight back. This time, I had to sew the new seam ALL THE WAY DOWN both legs! I probably took in about four inches total on those pants!

Also sent a picture to a friend who lives out of state because she's obsessed with hair and wanted to see what mine looked like after I straightened it. She and her kids both said I was "looking skinny" -- huzzah!
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Put on my short little leather jacket and realized it now zippers all the way up, with room!

I know the feeling! That happened to me this weekend with a button up jacket that never would close. On Saturday, not only did it button all the way up (and down!), there was room to spare! ::high five::
  • kenj13
    kenj13 Posts: 39 Member
    My NSV from this week was two-fold:

1. Monday I was able to tuck in my work shirt into my pants AND still have an extra inch in my waistband.
    2. I've been sick all week and when I did my weight-in today, I am officially am 3/4 of the way to my goal weight. :bigsmile:
  • beanrider
    beanrider Posts: 66 Member
    I luv all the cool NSVs! Mine: last night during my work out class, I noticed that my butt didn't "flop" when I was doing jumping jacks! Weird, I know, but it was quite an interesting discovery that i had less jiggle!
  • nytefalle
    nytefalle Posts: 63
    I luv all the cool NSVs! Mine: last night during my work out class, I noticed that my butt didn't "flop" when I was doing jumping jacks! Weird, I know, but it was quite an interesting discovery that i had less jiggle!

Jumping jacks no longer make me want to die. Jumping rope, on the other hand...
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Update on my nsv...today, for the first time, my 2 hr post meal bg was 103...down from an average of 170mg/dl.

I'm stoked!:drinker:

Edited for typos :smokin:
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    I completed my first pace run, 10 mins easy run to warm up, 3 mins at 7.5 min mile pace, 2 min jog x6 then 10 min easy run to cool down. Got through 5.6 miles. Seems a world away from not being able to run for 1 min.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    I fit nicely in a skirt thatused to make me look like I wearing a spare tire around my waist now it's smooth no spare tire yay
  • JillyBadass
    JillyBadass Posts: 20 Member
    Relying 100% on my belt to keep my pants up!

And the picture taken of me last night. Who IS that skinny girl, and where in the hell did those collar bones come from?
  • PecorinoRomano
    PecorinoRomano Posts: 33 Member
    We had a retirement party for a co-worker today. Tons of junky food; donuts, cookies, cake, etc. I took a chicken thigh, a small portion of salmon, lots of salad and ONE milano cookie. Prior to counting calories on MFP I probably would have had seconds of everything (including the cake)! ;) So proud of myself!
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    ^ I went to a buffet surrounded by cake and cookies I ate a small 4 oz sized steak and pepper and onions no cake or cookies yay! I defeated the binge monster!
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    My girls telling me my butt looks smaller!!! plus I threw away leftover donut holes ( that is big for me)
  • Jedil
    Jedil Posts: 62
    I walked 5 miles in 90 minutes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!