The worst meal I ever had was...

Options
Mutant13
Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
A draw between a particularly bad experience at McDonald's with a cold bacon burger with missin bacon and stale fries

And the 'spaghetti' my then boyfriend made me which consisted of 2 minute noodles topped with ketchup and plastic cheese singles.

What's yours?

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I can't get past the ketchup on pasta....
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    The sweet potato tots from Sonic. They were like greasy pouches of regurgitated sweet potato puree.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Your spaghetti sounds magical. I'm shocked that someone would find that unappealing. :laugh:

I think my worst meal was a pastaless veggie "lasagna" I got from Kraft's website. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. I took two bites and had to throw the rest out. I'm not picky at all, but it made me gag a little.
  • Mutant13
    Options

I think I qualified for welfare just by eating it
  • Mutant13
    Options
    The sweet potato tots from Sonic. They were like greasy pouches of regurgitated sweet potato puree.

Imagery!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Liver and onions
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Your spaghetti sounds magical. I'm shocked that someone would find that unappealing. :laugh:

I think my worst meal was a pastaless veggie "lasagna" I got from Kraft's website. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. I took two bites and had to throw the rest out. I'm not picky at all, but it made me gag a little.

What was gross about it? I wanna know!
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Liver and onions

Liver is not nice. Brains are actually pretty good though
  • Mom4Liz
    Mom4Liz Posts: 55
    Options
    When I was 12 my Mom got our first microwave. It came with a book saying you could cook anything in it. My mom cooked a chicken in it....just no.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Ever had scrambled eggs cooked for 10 minutes in a microwave?

Ever tried to eat rubberized pretend eggs?

The two experiences are pretty much the same.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    "TVP Chili".... an invention of my own. and worst idea ever.... You could say I wasn't quite as educated as I am now about a year and a half ago when I decided to start watching what I eat and exercising. So I thought it'd be a great idea to make chili with textured soy protein instead of actual ground meat (apparently I hadn't discovered ground turkey/chicken yet?) So I made this awesome tasting chili (I should've just stopped and made it veggie chili).... and I threw in some TVP. Had a bite and thought "wow this is pretty good" but after about 5 more bites I decided that it tasted like I was eating someone's puke.

I don't know why I ever thought that'd be a good idea.

I'm glad that I've settled into my high protein, meat-eating ways over the last year.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options

You are a lyrical genius! You definitely painted a picture I'm not interested in buyin'. :)
  • Mutant13
    Options
    "TVP Chili".... an invention of my own. and worst idea ever.... You could say I wasn't quite as educated as I am now about a year and a half ago when I decided to start watching what I eat and exercising. So I thought it'd be a great idea to make chili with textured soy protein instead of actual ground meat (apparently I hadn't discovered ground turkey/chicken yet?) So I made this awesome tasting chili (I should've just stopped and made it veggie chili).... and I threw in some TVP. Had a bite and thought "wow this is pretty good" but after about 5 more bites I decided that it tasted like I was eating someone's puke.

I don't know why I ever thought that'd be a good idea.

I'm glad that I've settled into my high protein, meat-eating ways over the last year.

Ugh, I was a teenage vegetarian. TVP was like a punishment
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I should also add that I'm in the military so I've been subjected to all manner of DFAC food both overseas and CONUS, MREs and everything in between.

Powdered 'eggs' heated up in an MRE? No.

Ever had American 'comfort food' cooked up my contract workers from Kurdistan while in Afghanistan or Iraq? Not awesome.

Mystery meat of all sizes, shapes and colors... usually coated in some sort of sauce.

Salmon, crab legs and other seafood frozen and shipped in via convoy from God knows where. I advise you stay away from the lobster on holidays. More people than I can count have suffered Montezuma's revenge after consuming the food on "surf and turf" nights, and if there is one place you don't want to be sick it's in a deployed environment.

STILL - The sweet potato tots were somehow worse.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I should also add that I'm in the military so I've been subjected to all manner of DFAC food both overseas and CONUS, MREs and everything in between.

Powdered 'eggs' heated up in an MRE? No.

Ever had American 'comfort food' cooked up my contract workers from Kurdistan while in Afghanistan or Iraq? Not awesome.

Mystery meat of all sizes, shapes and colors... usually coated in some sort of sauce.

Salmon, crab legs and other seafood frozen and shipped in via convoy from God knows where. I advise you stay away from the lobster on holidays. More people than I can count have suffered Montezuma's revenge after consuming the food on "surf and turf" nights, and if there is one place you don't want to be sick it's in a deployed environment.

STILL - The sweet potato tots were somehow worse.

hahhaa. oh noes. montezuma's revenge.

i can't remember my worst meal. i come up with strange combos anyway. i can go from eating a bite of a pickle to a spoonful of yogurt or pudding with no problem.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

I think I qualified for welfare just by eating it
    wow...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Has to be a starter my mother served up once, made of lime jelly, raw onion, yoghurt and cucumber.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Ketchup Chips.

I haven't even had them yet, but I am pretty sure they are going to be terrible.
  • bad_hair_bear
    Options
    My friend and I once tried to make "chelly" - cheese and jelly (jello). It.. didn't work, to say the least. Still, I suppose that's not a meal.

Worst meal was a couple of years ago. Had very little in terms food in the cupboards (I had a freezer full of meat and meals, but no microwave and I'd forgotten to take something out to defrost). After searching, I found pasta, cheese and "pek" - tinned pork, similar in concept to spam.

So - pasta with cheese sauce + processed tinned pork it was! It was... really bad. Really really bad. Gave up after 2 bites and called for pizza instead..
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Ketchup Chips.

I haven't even had them yet, but I am pretty sure they are going to be terrible.

Can't be much worse than the Chicken and Waffles chips. I tried one and spit it out....horrid!