MFP Made Me Fat!

Options
13»

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I pretty much quit losing weight when I joined MFP. I don't know if it's because I was eating too low a number of calories before or the added pressure to be successful in the MFP public eye has caused too much stress which is messing with my hormones and has stalled fat loss. But I'm on the verge of quitting because of it.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I went to a mini school reunion last weekend, one of the guys came in, went to sit down and said "Room for a fat git" Another friend said "You're not fat". This guy is obese.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Someone said there was free pizza....
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Get your *kitten* moving princess! GO GO GO! ( uses her drill sgt voice)
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    (Setting up the Bench for Katie's Lifting Session....GET YOUR *kitten* Over Here!)
  • caitlinm924
    caitlinm924 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's really sad that some people only dedicate themselves to weight loss for looks and/or being considered "hot". Not even sure where to begin with this thread. So off base.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it is up to you to get off your butt and back on track, no matter what anyone says.

However, I do agreethat the smash or pass and the rate the person threads are juvenille and pointless. And I never go in them, waste of time.
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I tried doing your back bend thing and I got hurted.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    It's really sad that some people only dedicate themselves to weight loss for looks and/or being considered "hot". Not even sure where to begin with this thread. So off base.

What is so sad about it?
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options

Yeah, so this thread is mostly in jest. Notice it's in the chit-chat, fun, and games forum? What happened is I got happy and lazy. I'm fixing that.

But, I've decided to reply to this... I did not "only decicate [myself] to weight loss for looks and/or being considered "hot"." No where in my post did I ever even imply that. I dedicated myself to this new life to make me feel good. To be stronger. To be more healthy. To look better. FOR ME. To be able to look in a mirror and like what's looking back at me.

I could go into WAY more detail here, but i've said it all before, those who know me know why I'm here. I've come a long way, both physically and mentally. I'm not there yet, in either regard, but I'm getting closer every day!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options

Yeah, so this thread is mostly in jest. Notice it's in the chit-chat, fun, and games forum? What happened is I got happy and lazy. I'm fixing that.

But, I've decided to reply to this... I did not "only decicate [myself] to weight loss for looks and/or being considered "hot"." No where in my post did I ever even imply that. I dedicated myself to this new life to make me feel good. To be stronger. To be more healthy. To look better. FOR ME. To be able to look in a mirror and like what's looking back at me.

I could go into WAY more detail here, but i've said it all before, those who know me know why I'm here. I've come a long way, both physically and mentally. I'm not there yet, in either regard, but I'm getting closer every day!

^^^ This is why I love you!
  • taciturnity
    taciturnity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    THIS IS THE PROBLEM. I get all thin and hot, and people tell me that too much. Now, I'm complacent. I have stopped working so hard. I've slipped. You'll notice, in my ticker, that it says I've lost 48lbs. That's because I put some back on. I BLAME YOU, MFP. All you "friends" who let me think I'm great the way I am. This is on you. PLEASE, stop this craziness.

It wouldn't hurt you to lose a few pounds. Try spot reducing your feet to begin with and get those ribs and spine checked out. It doesn't look like you can even stand up straight from all the extra weight you're carrying. I'd be bent over backwards trying to hold that up too.

You should lift heavy and cleanse.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot. 7/10 - Would make a decent coffee table.

Haha this is hilarious.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    This topic is making me :laugh:
  • caitlinm924
    caitlinm924 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

My comment was a general to the overall responses -- not specifically aimed at you, or anyone.