massive plateau - PLEASE HELP.

Options
13»

Replies

• blantondwb
    blantondwb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Your not logging any water! Water is very important to fat loss! You need to consume no less than 64oz a day!
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Trust me! You need to eat more... With some people 1200 calories pushes them into starvation mode.

Read the article i am posting below. I'm not saying a agree with everything this guy is saying, but some of it it makes a lot of sense. Both my sister and I reached the same conclusion separately, We were not losing weight, we were hungry and irritable AND we were exercising a lot. How could we not lose weight??
    So we changed our calories from 1250 goal to 1600. PLUS we started eating back at least half of our exercise calories. We both started dropping weight within a week or so! Our bodies apparently realized that the food supply wasn't running out and kicked back into calorie burn mode.
    I have read our story over and over in other women. So my advise is:

Eat more (Healthy foods)

Exercise smart (Cardio is great for lung and heart BUT when it comes to fat reduction you need to do strength training to see results!)

And by the way I am so much happier now that I can eat enough to feel energized and happy!! :happy: :happy: I eat about 1600-1900 calories a day when exercising.

Here is the article:

http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/5368/yogurt-is-not-a-meal/:flowerforyou:
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I have hit a few plateaus. Mostly it is about patience, but adjusting calories up slightly for a few days and then back down does help. I also mix in a little IF every now and then, but I don't think that is necessary. The science to back up "starvation mode" is pretty thin. Your body can only be so efficient and will burn pretty close to the same amount of calories for the energy you expend no matter how much you eat
  • packard80
    packard80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Maybe that is the perfect weight for your body....You look great and healthy as well.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    A little more about "starvation mode" which someone else mentioned and then I said the science is thin (no pun intended). Just to clarify a little, there is some science but it says that the metabolism starts to slow down at a certain point (around 1200 for most people) and at really low levels (like 500 calories) it has been measured to drop as much as 40%, but in people with very little body fat eating very little food. It is nowhere near that for most people and at no point does it reverse weight loss.
  • carlayyy2308
    carlayyy2308 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i was losing 1-2 pounds a week x