Are Cashews the Devil?

Options
stresco
stresco Posts: 354 Member
What's the story behind the Cashew hating? They seem to be almost exactly the same as Almonds, but everyone says that Almonds are good for you when you are losing weight but Cashews are bad. What's up with that?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    What's the story behind the Cashew hating? They seem to be almost exactly the same as Almonds, but everyone says that Almonds are good for you when you are losing weight but Cashews are bad. What's up with that?

Who is saying cashews are bad? Everyone knows it's peanuts that are bad for health not cashews
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Well, for me they are the devil because I want as many of them as possible to get in my belly, as quickly as possible, whereas almonds are ok but kind of have the consistency of twigs and don't trigger a big binge.

Your mileage may vary.

...anybody got any cashews?
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    No sir, just delicious.
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Cashews are only bad for me as I have to eat them all xx
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    They are not the devil, but they are her favorite snack food. Hence their bad reputation.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've doing fine while eating them almost daily. Good fats, some protein and nice to nibble. Sounds like the devil :)
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options

Who is saying cashews are bad? Everyone knows it's peanuts that are bad for health not cashews

i thought it was pistachios?
    and pecans?
    and sugar?
    and pizza?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Nah. It's pistachios that are the devil.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Cashews are awesome!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm my favorite.... think I will have some now =)
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    And here I've been avoiding walnuts!
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Cashews are creamy goodness with a salty covering...:smooched: :heart: :devil: Therefore some people, like me, have a very hard time just eating the serving size of them...
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    my young daughter once stole her grandpa's can of cashews- and ate the entire thing...
    which resulted in.....uh.....lots of running........and not the kind you log as exercise....

that was pure hell......so perhaps you're onto something....
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Who told you that nonsense?
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Yes, cashews are the devil. Haven't you noticed that when you line 3 of them up just right, it looks like 666?

Definitely the devil.
  • maybabier
    maybabier Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Cashews buttery deliciousness are very evil, i can't keep my hands off those little evil *kitten*, especially kirkland brand - world's most addicting cashews. I go on cashew rehab once in a while, but that's all worth it when I have cashew binge. and yes pistachios are amazingly delicious as well. Almonds are just meh.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    mamma.......mamma said.......only foolsball is the debil......\m/
    waterboy3.jpg
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they are the devil but they are no where near being like almonds. They have about half the fiber, twice the carbs, three times the saturated fat, and more calories. Pretty much none of their numbers match up besides protein.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I've been eating this Cashew Chicken for lunch all week, http://myfridgefood.com/viewrecipe.php?recipe=20547

So good. Love cashews!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Almonds are just meh.

The only useful purpose of almonds is biscotti.

Or flicking at traffic wardens.