Insanity

Options

Replies

• gmiker
    gmiker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have finished Insanity and it was great. In the middle of the 20 week TurboFire and it also is great.
    Have invested in a BodyMedia Link device as we thought we might have been starving ourselves.
    Not going for weight loss but want to look and feel better.
    Accomplished that and lost 20 lbs.

Insanity is a tough workout, but if you stick through it there will be a transformation.
    Both mental and physical.
  • mooeyyy
    mooeyyy Posts: 1
    Options
    Day 4! It's tough!
  • lawmaria
    lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    im on my 17th week of TF and have a few weeks left, but I have been doing Insanity off and on with my kids until I actually start. It is a killer, my fat has never cried so much! :laugh:
  • k9t8a8
    k9t8a8 Posts: 30
    Options
    Week 3 day 4 done! Thank goodness for cardio recovery :wink:
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Okay so the hardest workout for me is the cardio recovery. Week one day 4 today.

Anyone else struggle to hold the moves and feel a crazy burn?

I also found my Knees decide to shake all on their own trembling from the insanity maybe? Is that normal while stretching.. First time this has happened just curious. Feel amazing after the video though even though I can't do all the pulsing lunges.. I'm still burning now lol...
  • mikedean441
    Options
    I just added the names into my own exercises that way they were always there for me to choose
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 16! :) my knees are starting to get sore from all of the jumping. i think i am going to have to buy one of those mats because i have reallllly hard tile floore in my apartment!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RDX-Neoprene-Knee-Brace-Cap-Support-MMA-Pad-Guard-Protecter-Gel-Patella-Belt-Gym-/200857755663?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Mobility_Disability_Medical_ET&var=&hash=item2ec40e200f

Brilliant for knee support :)) hope that helps you, can get ankle ones too which are brilliant for the feet while doing these workouts.. I use the ankle ones otherwise my feet would probably hurt...
  • talenarenee
    talenarenee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to start this next week...

Hoping I can go all the way through without getting injured or not being able to complete the workouts.

does anyone do anything additional to Insanity even if its light cardio or stretching yoga?? The reason i ask is I have a gym membership and canceling it is not really an option as I want to do heavy lifting after I complete insanity.

Just this week I added walking with a neighbor. We walk 2.7 miles in about 40 min. It's a great way to start the day. I do Insanity in the evening after the school day. At night I do a 10 min PM yoga stretch that I got from iTunes that is a nice way to just stretch it out and relax. Just make sure you're eating enough healthy calories and getting enough rest.
  • talenarenee
    Options
    how do you record insanity on here just as circuit training or something else?

I use a HRM monitor b/c I know my calories are much higher since I'm not as fit. But before I got the HRM, I put it in as a combo of circuit training and calisthenics.
  • talenarenee
    Options
    Did it Jan 1-April 1 lost 54 lbs!

Still doing it now, down about 7 lbs this month

Wow!!! So is this your 3rd time around? Do you have before/after pics? That's amazing!
  • talenarenee
    Options
    Okay so the hardest workout for me is the cardio recovery. Week one day 4 today.

I also found my Knees decide to shake all on their own trembling from the insanity maybe? Is that normal while stretching.. First time this has happened just curious. Feel amazing after the video though even though I can't do all the pulsing lunges.. I'm still burning now lol...

Ha ha! I thought that was just me too! Cardio Recovery is a killer b/c the moves are more static. I often have to stand and shake it out before going back into the position.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options

Ha ha! I thought that was just me too! Cardio Recovery is a killer b/c the moves are more static. I often have to stand and shake it out before going back into the position.

Glad I'm not alone I am constantly shaking it out lol. Got my pure cardio today I'm scared :)) I might try the abs after so I'm prepared for it next week.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio is one of my favorites!

Don't be scared!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio is one of my favorites!

Don't be scared!
    I love Pure Cardio!! Im strange like that :tongue:
    Im on week 2 of month 1 and loving it!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Thanks guy's I've just completed it and strangely feel like I could do it all over again, i actually feel like its given me more energy somehow. Got my sweat on and loved every minute of it!!!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    One more week to go for me and then I've finished!! :) Good luck and have fun 2 all your newbies!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Well done squats and lipgloss!! What are your final results like? I've got my final workout of week one today. The soreness has finally subsided and I hope I can stick this though like you there are days I just feel like I can't be bothered anymore but I'm so stubborn I hope I carry on through. Any tips to stay motivated would be greatly appreciated. Any tips on your diet or what else you have done during the workouts would be welcome too. :) xx
  • DinoSaurous
    DinoSaurous Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 3rd week...its hard but I love it. I seem to be the odd one out and hate pure cardio but love power and resistance :ohwell:

Can't say I am looking forward to month 2 though :laugh:
  • KaltieEm
    KaltieEm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did fit test yesterday, today will be my first day of real workout!