Satan! Get your big, fat foot off of MY SCALE!!!

Options

Replies

• pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Once again Rosie you are spot on! Nobody should be judging anybody for their beliefs. Just put this behind you and get some rest.:smile:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine what difference any hopes and wishes matters to non-believers. You are off the hook! When you are dead, it doesn't matter! Yay for you! Way to go! So encouraging! It never gets better than dead. Now there is religion to believe in.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Really? So much ignorance and intolerance of Christians? That it is amazing! Nothing like reading up a little before commenting. Gads! How about at least going to a few Sunday school sessions before KNOWING ALL?

Who is being intolerant? You have believers and non-believers telling you your words are ugly.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    If by Satan you mean your overeating issues, I agree.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    SatansFoot_zpsc5dfd3d1.jpg

It is a reminder that Satan would love to discourage us, when we step on the scale. He wants us miserable and thinking that we are are never going to succeed. He is that nasty, little, nagging voice that tells us that we will always be fat and can't possibly stick to our food plan.

When I was fat, it wasn't Satan's foot that was on the scale... it was my extra weight that was making the scale readings go up.

Believe whatever you like, but stuff like this should go into the many groups on this site that are specified for those with certain viewpoints. To those who don't adhere to the same notions as you, this isn't motivational at all, but silly... and in some way sad.
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    Amen!!! The devil is a liar!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    and satan keep his greasy red feet off your scale!

This got a LOL... so descriptive. :smile:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I like it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Really? So much ignorance and intolerance of Christians? That it is amazing! Nothing like reading up a little before commenting. Gads! How about at least going to a few Sunday school sessions before KNOWING ALL?

Um. No. I served my time, thank you very much. Besides, you clearly don't know your own bible.

The one thing I did learn though all my years of indoctrination is that the fundamental teachings of Christianity, you know love thy neighbor, humility, forgiveness? Yes, all that stuff that the OP, bless her, seems now to be pointing out and the only thing that stuck with me. It's too often forgotten in the fire and brimstone, anti-semitic, anti-Muslim, anti-Buddhist rants. So when you're done damning all the non-believers to Hell, you might want to remember that you're very likely to follow them if the God you believe in does exist.

I'll say it again. The open forums are not the place for this. That is why MFP has private groups.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine what difference any hopes and wishes matters to non-believers. You are off the hook! When you are dead, it doesn't matter! Yay for you! Way to go! So encouraging! It never gets better than dead. Now there is religion to believe in.

Keep digging yourself deeper.....So sad.
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    SatansFoot_zpsc5dfd3d1.jpg

Here is a little illustration that I did on my computer today.

It is a reminder that Satan would love to discourage us, when we step on the scale. He wants us miserable and thinking that we are are never going to succeed. He is that nasty, little, nagging voice that tells us that we will always be fat and can't possibly stick to our food plan.

I have lost 43 pounds since Thanksgiving; and I didn't do that by listening to that sorry, no good for nothin' loser. When I get on the scale, I ask God for His help and wisdom in what I am doing. Sometimes, I forget to pray; and I have discovered that the scale seems to give me bad news. That's when I have to step off the scale and tell Satan..."Get thee behind me!" Better yet..."Get your big, fat foot off of MY SCALE!!!"

I hope that this little illustration might help someone today.

I love this! LOL
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Now there is religion to believe in.

Please, Sis. Stop. This is hurting both you and I. :heart:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    To all my MFP sisters and brothers. Please...stop attacking each other in post. Had I known that my little cartoon would cause so much anger and controversy, I would have just put it on my Facebook page...not here.

The ONLY reason that I posted it as a topic on the open boards was the picture. I don't know how to post a photo or picture on my own MFP wall.

This post was not meant to hurt anyone, especially a sweet, young lady in New York who I have never met. I don't want to see her insulted or criticized any more. The rude remarks about non-Christians is most offensive to ME. I will not and cannot judge others for their beliefs.
    OP, I took no offense at what you posted, although I do believe it would be better suited for the groups. What does offend me is some other posters intolerance and their "you'll burn in hell for not believing in my god" attitude. These threads always turn into that, i hope you don't let it affect you in any way, you seem like a nice lady. I do believe you posted with good intentions.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    To put it out there, there are Christian groups on MFP that this might be better received.

Thanks for your suggestion, Sis. I haven't joined any other groups...except MFP. I didn't see why my little cartoon and my beliefs should be that offensive. However, some folks feel the need to censor other folks thoughts. All I can do is pray for them. 2 Timothy 1:12

Because not everyone shares the same belief. It's best to just keep religion off the main forums and just in groups users have created.

Why should she have to take it somewhere else, just because some may not believe the same?

It is a silly argument I always hear. If you don't believe it, then don't read. I never read the posts about eating almost 2000 calories for women, because that isn't what I believe works for me. No big deal, I don't get all crazy about the posts.

Stop taking life so seriously and just believe what you want to believe...don't care what others believe in.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Oh OP! I love your passion for the Lord, but this website is too full of atheists, agnostics, and people of other faiths to allow you to express it openly. Might I suggest that you join one of the Christian groups here on MFP. There are several of them. It's sad to say, but I'm sure someone has already reported this thread and it will be locked and deleted by the morning.

May God bless you with many lost pounds and don't be deterred by hate!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Anti-God people are full of themselves. You can take it to the bank. They walk around with a chip on their shoulde andr are in amazement when people are repulsed at their arrogance. They are a bunch of intolerant fruit cakes in my opinion. The good news is that when we get to Heaven, we won't have to tolerate them. To Hell with them, literally.

Out of everything that I have read on this site, this is possibly the single most offensive post. Who are you to stereotype people based upon their beliefs? That's like saying all Muslims are terrorists or all Christians are Bible-thumping, goody-two-shoes. If you wish to speak of intolerance, remove the plank from your own eye first. And for your own sake, I would hope you learn some of the humility often preached by God, for this approach is not the way into Heaven.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    To put it out there, there are Christian groups on MFP that this might be better received.

Thanks for your suggestion, Sis. I haven't joined any other groups...except MFP. I didn't see why my little cartoon and my beliefs should be that offensive. However, some folks feel the need to censor other folks thoughts. All I can do is pray for them. 2 Timothy 1:12

Because not everyone shares the same belief. It's best to just keep religion off the main forums and just in groups users have created.

Why should she have to take it somewhere else, just because some may not believe the same?

It is a silly argument I always hear. If you don't believe it, then don't read. I never read the posts about eating almost 2000 calories for women, because that isn't what I believe works for me. No big deal, I don't get all crazy about the posts.

Stop taking life so seriously and just believe what you want to believe...don't care what others believe in.

No, sorry it's NOT silly. The main forums to be free of divisive topics, religion is such. There are groups within this site of like minded people who appreciate this kind of post. I believe the OP had good intentions -- but dude is completely right, it's out of place here.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm not a spiritual or religious person, but I do not believe that those who are should be censored because of theirs. Sure there are forums where people can go to talk about religion, but there are also forums where people can go to talk about television shows, and sexual things, yet no one has too much of an issue with that. Is it really that hard to just ignore something you don't agree with? Does it make you feel better to tell the OP that "Satan doesn't exist"? OP truly believes, as do many others, that every bad decision she makes that Satan is behind it. It is nobody's job to judge her or tell her she's wrong, just let have her beliefs dang.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up! The bible belt is not where you think it is.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.20451/abstract
    Abstract
    Objective:
    State-level estimates of obesity based on self-reported height and weight suggest a geographic pattern of greater obesity in the Southeastern US; however, the reliability of the ranking among these estimates assumeserrors in self-reporting of height and weightare unrelated to geographic region.

Design and Methods:
    We estimated regional and state-level prevalence of obesity(body mass index ≥ 30 kg/m2) for non-Hispanic black and white participants aged 45 and over were made from multiple sources: 1) self-reported from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS 2003-2006) (n = 677,425), 2) self-reported and direct measures from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Study (NHANES 2003-2008) (n = 6,615 and 6,138 respectively), and 3) direct measures from the REasons for Geographic and Racial Differences in Stroke (REGARDS 2003-2007) study (n = 30,239).

Results:
    Data from BRFSS suggest that the highest prevalenceof obesity isin the East South Central Census division; however, direct measures suggest higher prevalencein the West North Central and East North Central Census divisions.The regions relative ranking of obesity prevalence differs substantially between self-reported and directly measured height and weight.

Conclusions:
    Geographic patterns in the prevalence of obesity based on self-reported height and weight may be misleading, and haveimplications for current policy proposals.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I'm not a spiritual or religious person, but I do not believe that those who are should be censored because of theirs. Sure there are forums where people can go to talk about religion, but there are also forums where people can go to talk about television shows, and sexual things, yet no one has too much of an issue with that. Is it really that hard to just ignore something you don't agree with? Does it make you feel better to tell the OP that "Satan doesn't exist"? OP truly believes, as do many others, that every bad decision she makes that Satan is behind it. It is nobody's job to judge her or tell her she's wrong, just let have her beliefs dang.

Lots and lots of threads get taken down for being sexual or political -- not just religious posts. They have groups for all of that -- including religion. The main boards are to be non-controversial, I don't understand why that is so hard.
This discussion has been closed.