Guy Code

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    All this crap is why I don't date. Well, that and not being able to get a date. But mostly this games crap.

Well, at least 50/50 games.

OK, maybe mostly because I can't get a date, partly because of the games.

Fine, I just can't get a date. But the games suck.

^^^^^

You and me both brother.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    All this crap is why I don't date. Well, that and not being able to get a date. But mostly this games crap.

^^^^^

You and me both brother.

Not trying to be a kiss *kitten* or anything, but I find that hard to believe for you two.
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    So, I went on a great date last night..
    It was fun, flirty, and sexy.
    Of course I wanted to talk to this guy today...
    But here I sit conflicted if I should contact him or wait for him to contact me.
    Whats the normal waiting time for Guys to contact a girl?
    Why do guys wait so long to let a girl know they are interested?
    Is there really a waiting period?

If you had fun...give him a call. But be understanding when he doesn't turn his world upside down tonight to run over to your place.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

^^^^^

You and me both brother.

Not trying to be a kiss *kitten* or anything, but I find that hard to believe for you two.

That's not kissing *kitten* hun, and thank you for the compliment...but it is absolutely true for me. I'm sure brother up there has far better luck lol.

Seriously though. My last three relationship opportunities (meaning TOTAL opportunities in TWO years of being single) were pretty terrifying. One ended up being a prostitute, the next a bipolar schizo with closeness issues (and trust issues, and dishonesty issues, and...the list goes on), and the third...well, I refuse to talk about it.

Ask anyone on my friends list, they get to hear about it as it happens lol.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    know what you should do?

Call him a pig

Guys love it when YOU do that
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    That'd not kissing *kitten* hun, and thank you for the compliment...but it is absolutely true for me. I'm sure brother up there has far better luck lol.

Seriously though. My last three relationship opportunities (meaning TOTAL opportunities in TWO years of being single) were pretty terrifying. One ended up being a prostitute, the next a bipolar schizo with closeness issues (and trust issues, and dishonesty issues, and...the list goes on), and the third...well, I refuse to talk about it.

Here's another hug *HUG*

That's some pretty bad luck and makes me kinda glad I haven't gone on any dates in the past couple years. Your princess will come along. I just know it!
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Some guys don't play the waiting game (and he could be silent for other reasons), but some do. I have dated a couple guys who admitted to making me wait and even had their buddies tell them to wait so they didn't seem too eager. :tongue: If you're concerned, just send him a text saying you had fun and would like to go out again. I would think that would be okay and hopefully he'd respond with something. If he is still silent after a few days, he might not be interested, or just busy. It just depends on what his life and schedule is like. Whatever the reason, just try not to over analyze the situation. c:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Since I haven't dated in over a decade, my head is spinning from reading this! :sick:

All the games that you have to play, it is all way cray for me!

Good luck ChaPa my dear! If you like him, put your "big girl pants on" and take charge of the communication! :smokin:

Its not games.

Lets say you want to buy a goat so you go to the goat farm. Now all the goats are walking about but one of them is just standing there staring at you, not really doing anything. You dont want that goat. You want the one thats running away.

Its arithmetic.

Forget games. If I want someone I just jump on him. Literally. Haven't been dropped, so I guess it works for me. :)

God, I wish more girls worked this way. Would make men's lives a LOT easier.

Jumps in arms. Now take me to Taco Bell, supreme crunchy beef tacos, please. :)
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    The magic formula is being direct without being needy or crazy.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I went on an awesome first date a while ago. I called him about 20 minutes after I drove away. I left a message saying, "I'm sure this is breaking all kinds of rules, but I thought you'd at least answer the phone! I had great time tonight, thanks! Can't wait to do it again." Or something like that. He called me back a few minutes later and we talked for the rest of my drive. we talked more later that night too. (our date got cut short due to a prior commitment of mine.)

It's been several months, and we've talked pretty much every day since. It's the best relationship I've ever had. So glad we didn't play games. Maybe it's age, maybe it's maturity, but I think if it's there, ya know, and there is no need for the waiting, guessing, head games and chasing.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Ow Norm your so funny..Thank you..

I heard from him once today..but I imagined he would be flirting with me but there was no flirting, just a "Glad you had fun"

whats up with that?

You are in control of your reactions not his. Keep it nonchalant and dont care much. If he likes you he will come after you. If not then you dont need him.

I like this advice.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

^^^^^

You and me both brother.

That's not kissing *kitten* hun, and thank you for the compliment...but it is absolutely true for me. I'm sure brother up there has far better luck lol.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully things get better and the crazies stay away :):flowerforyou:
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    Office Space is like Napolean Dynamite...the more you watch it the better it gets. :laugh:

I rate OS much higher than ND. If anything OS on par with Superbad. LOVE Superbad and seen it like 1000 times.

I like all three.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Office Space is like Napolean Dynamite...the more you watch it the better it gets. :laugh:

I rate OS much higher than ND. If anything OS on par with Superbad. LOVE Superbad and seen it like 1000 times.

I like all three.

How about Spaceballs? I dunno, just felt like throwing that in the mix.
  • jbutterflye
    Options

:laugh:
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    I went on an awesome first date a while ago. I called him about 20 minutes after I drove away. I left a message saying, "I'm sure this is breaking all kinds of rules, but I thought you'd at least answer the phone! I had great time tonight, thanks! Can't wait to do it again." Or something like that. He called me back a few minutes later and we talked for the rest of my drive. we talked more later that night too. (our date got cut short due to a prior commitment of mine.)

It's been several months, and we've talked pretty much every day since. It's the best relationship I've ever had. So glad we didn't play games. Maybe it's age, maybe it's maturity, but I think if it's there, ya know, and there is no need for the waiting, guessing, head games and chasing.

This is how I like to relate. I hate games. Games are there to mitigate our fear of vulnerability and to protect the ego.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Games absolutely suck. If a man is interested in you, he will not play games. That is how I found my husband. He was the first man I met that did not mess around with "wait times" and stupid *kitten*. At first I thought he was messing with me because he called every day and wanted to actually date me. My two best guy friends told me that he actually LIKED me and not to *kitten* it up. I didn't. We've been happily married for almost seven years.
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Games Suck and I agree that with the right person, usually there aren't any games.

I learnt that the hard way, two and a half years of games were a waste of time, I found someone who cut the crap and told me he liked me and our relationship goes according to what's right for us, not the rules or games that have been going on between men and women for years.

p.s Mr two and a half years of games is now calling me "the one that got away" ... that's why you don't play games numbnuts!
  • Missyb322
    Missyb322 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Dating today is alot of games. I prefer to just go out with the girls and have fun.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Pretense is not attractive. A natural woman is beautiful. Cut the BS and grab life every chance you get.