Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Way to go on finishing 30!
  • smalldreams75
    Options
    what is the 30day shred?
  • carolinemarie5
    Options
    i HAVE DONE THE JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED AND I HIGHLY ENJOYED IT. I WAS ABLE TO DO THE LOW IMPACT VERSION UNTIL I REPEATED IT SEVERAL TIMES. YOU WILL SWEAT LIKE CRAZY AND FEEL GREAT IN NO TIME. YOU CAN BUY IT AT WAL-MART FOR APROX 15.00. :wink:
  • bonesrn1
    bonesrn1 Posts: 2
    Options
    GREAT job!!!!! Keep up the good work!!! :)
  • Lindsey2460
    Options
    Hi my name is Lindsey I'm 16 and I'm thinking about doing the 30 day shred I'm 261 lbs and I really wanna lose like really really bad ,, do you guys think this is a good way to lose weight? This is a great motivation and I need some support please I have been overweight most of my 16 years and I really wanna change and fit in but it's really hard :( please help?
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lindsey I'm 16 and I'm thinking about doing the 30 day shred I'm 261 lbs and I really wanna lose like really really bad ,, do you guys think this is a good way to lose weight? This is a great motivation and I need some support please I have been overweight most of my 16 years and I really wanna change and fit in but it's really hard :( please help?

If you are doing the 30 day shred to "quick lose weight" t hen I don't suggest it. Did you type in a fitness goal for MFP? Track everything you eat and all of your activity. I would say once you think you are committed to changing your lifestyle then go ahead with the 30 day. But I fear that many think it is a key to "doing it quick". .. it will hurt, people give up, and then back to the same ol.

Think about this- if you are losing 1lb per week just by tracking calories then you are going to lose 52 lbs in 1 year. IMagine yourself 1 year from now 52 lbs lighter.. how would you feel about that? :)
  • groovyreba
    groovyreba Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bella - the 30 day shred is Jillian Michael's program. It has 3 levels. The idea is that you do 10 days of each level - completing the entire series in 30 days.

However, I find that it will take me longer than 30 days because I'd rather build up my tolerance and do exercises right rather than risk injury.

They are free on youtube. I'm not sure if I can link them in this forum but if you just do a search on YouTube you can find them.

Good luck!

I agree. After 43 years of not really sticking with any type of exercise, I have to build up my endurance. I know that I am increasing in strength and endurance. Due to arthritis, I am modifying a couple of exercises in the routine, but I'm so amazed at how strong I feel. Good luck to anyone doing the 30 DS.
  • BellaFiercest
    Options
    THANKS! I've asked this question before & no one responded. I've since researched & figured it out on my own but I REALLY appreciate your response! Fierce&LOVE

ps Jillian Michaels scares the bejeezus out of me....but I'm gonna try
    =)
  • BellaFiercest
    Options
    I asked the same question. Go to YouTube & search for it. Its a series of workout videos by Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser personal trainer & fitness guru). Good luck!
    Fierce&LOVE
  • BellaFiercest
    Options
    Thank you VERY much!
    Fierce&LOVE
  • BellaFiercest
    Options
    GREAT work ma'am & I LOVE your tattoos!
    Fierce&LOVE
  • lozloz85
    lozloz85 Posts: 10
    Options
    brilliant well done! i havent yet stuck to it i need to start again i have just started the 30day squat challenge and am on day 3 today well done with your loss hun x
  • Jessika39
    Jessika39 Posts: 35
    Options
    You inspire! LOL
  • mishmum
    mishmum Posts: 13
    Options
    wow you look great. You think its a small change but the change is obvious! good job, dont give up:)
  • chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    GREAT work ma'am & I LOVE your tattoos!
    Fierce&LOVE

thank you! :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!