Brides to be, where are you?!?1

Options

Replies

• McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm getting hitched on September 28 :bigsmile:

If I could lose 5-10 by the big day, then great. If not, ah well.
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I need some motivation! I'm getting married in two months and it'd down to the wire. I'd like to lose somewhere between 5-10lbs between now and June 22nd. I'm down 4lbs already. I just need some extra help, tips, motivation, and support from fellow brides trying to look their best in their wedding dress! Pictures are forreverrr

Getting married in June. I'm part of this group here on mfp, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/142-brides-to-be...

Once you go in for a fitting after losing have your next fitting bout 2-3 weeks out & don't lose any more in that time or the dress will be too big & falling. My aunt is a seamstress & this was her advice to me. When I got my dress it was too small. Between January & April I lost 30 pounds/ So I had 1 fitting & the dress needs to be taken in & I have 1 more 2 weeks before my wedding. Good luck!
  • iamabutterflychaser
    iamabutterflychaser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I need some motivation! I'm getting married in two months and it'd down to the wire. I'd like to lose somewhere between 5-10lbs between now and June 22nd. I'm down 4lbs already. I just need some extra help, tips, motivation, and support from fellow brides trying to look their best in their wedding dress! Pictures are forreverrr

Hi! You are getting married on my birthday! That is a great date :happy:

I am not getting married yet, but I am in my best friend's wedding 8/2. That is my motivation right now, especially since my friend and her other 3 bridesmaids are all size six and smaller! I definitely don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. Fortunately, my friend did give us a lot of leeway on the bridesmaids dresses (she only specified purple - not even a particular shade or length), so I'm not worried about being able to find a dress when the time gets closer. I'd like to lose another 30 -35 pounds or so before then, but I don't think that is too realistic. All I can do is just keep working as hard as I can and see where I'm at...

Good luck to you!
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am getting married October 19th of this year and putting off my dress shopping until the last possible second, lol. Luckily, my favorite style of dress is the lace-up back which seems a lot more forgiving. I've lost 24 lbs. and quite frankly I would love to lose about 50 more before my wedding, but no matter what I'll look better in the photos than I have for the past several years.

Congrats to all the other bride-to-bes :)

Not a good idea. If you want to be able to have the dress you want you have to get it ASAP. Buying last minute will limit your choices, especially depending on your budget. Remember, there's always alterations
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am not a bride-to-be, but I am a maid-of-honor to be! lol

I need some motivation and support too.. so I am gonna hope on the wedding wagon with you lovely ladies :D

I also am a maid-of-honor to be! January 25, 2014. Feel free to add me for some motivation if you would like!
  • tessb1125
    Options
    I'm getting hitched on September 28 :bigsmile:

If I could lose 5-10 by the big day, then great. If not, ah well.

I'm getting married the same day! Let's hope for nice weather.
  • sarzee2
    sarzee2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in 5 weeks, and my second dress fitting is TOMORROW! I've lost 8 lbs since January, hoping to lose another 4 lb before my final fitting. Congrats everyone!!!
  • xskinnycowx
    Options
    Hiya,

2nd August 2014 for me but I have about 24 lbs to lose before my first dress fitting next March!

I've lost 3lbs so far after joining a couple of weeks ago. I need to up my exercise but can't find the time to fit it in at the moment! I don't want to leave it right until the last moment though and end up panicking!

Good luck, you can do it!

And congrats!!! :)
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    September 21 for me as well!! Hoping to lose about 20lbs by mid August (so there is still time for alterations)

Yay for Sept 21!!! We can do this!
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options

I'm getting married the same day! Let's hope for nice weather.

Girl, YES. Our neck of the woods is prone to freaky weather so I am keeping my fingers crossed for us :flowerforyou:
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    just went for my first dress fitting yesterday....I'm getting so close! under 3 months!!
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married sometime this year. We're not having a big or formal wedding, so we haven't figured out a date. But still, I want to look damn amazing. Hoping to drop, meh, 30-ish lbs.

I'm also training for Tough Mudder in September. Lots of stuff going on to keep me motivated through summer.
  • 2bwed2014
    2bwed2014 Posts: 11
    Options
    Getting married next October
  • stephaniegcoffey
    stephaniegcoffey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am getting married July 20, so I have less than 3 months left! I told myself I was going to lose 5 lbs, but kept putting it off. Since it's such a small number I figured it would not be a big deal. After joining MFP I now realize that i do not need to lose weight at all, I need to lose BF!

Unfortunately I do not have much time left. I started jogging and can now do 2.3 miles, adding a little more each week so as not to injure myself. I also signed up for a Warrior Dash on June 29 so that should keep me motivated to improve my running distance (it's a 5k). I am doing the 30DS around 5 times per week. Just did level 2 day 6 yesterday! After I finish, I plan to start Ripped in 30.

Congratulations to everyone and good luck with your goals!
  • KimberleyD2
    Options
    Hi I am getting married in August. i am just trying to get myself toned up & need to lose that last bit of chubbyness at the tummy! lol Yes i do have kids aswell, can you tell? lol
  • bparker3127
    Options
    I'm getting married on October 26th, 2013 (SIX MONTHS TODAY!) I've lost 30 lbs so far (since November), and I'd like to lose another 20 before then. What I REALLY need to do is start working on my arm tone...

You know how they tell you to buy a dress that fits you at the time you buy it (and not to size down with the hope of losing weight?) Yeah, that was a size 20. My seamstress will have her work cut out for her. I've lived my entire life up to now in a plus size world. I refuse to be a plus size bride.

On a related note. Does it annoy anyone else that bridal sizing is always a size number bigger than your regular clothes? When I bought my dress, I was wearing a size 18. If any industry should go the other way, it should be bridal! Haha.
  • Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in august!!!!
  • activities_girl
    Options
    i'm getting married october 13th. i want to tone down the belly and lose some waddle on my arms. i don't think i will go down a dress size before then and really don't want to have to do much alterations. my dress, in profile pic, was a very snug 16 with spanx. last year i was almost a size 22. i just want my belly to be flatter and to do something with my arms. i am on day 5 of the 30 day shred. i think it would take 20lbs or so to need the next size down and i do not plan on killing myself over it since i would need to lose that by july to be able to do an exchange.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in a civil ceremony in July, but doing the church wedding in November so I have until then to get to where I want to be. Definitely want to proudly display my wedding photos!
  • activities_girl
    Options
    I'm getting married on October 26th, 2013 (SIX MONTHS TODAY!) I've lost 30 lbs so far (since November), and I'd like to lose another 20 before then. What I REALLY need to do is start working on my arm tone...

You know how they tell you to buy a dress that fits you at the time you buy it (and not to size down with the hope of losing weight?) Yeah, that was a size 20. My seamstress will have her work cut out for her. I've lived my entire life up to now in a plus size world. I refuse to be a plus size bride.

On a related note. Does it annoy anyone else that bridal sizing is always a size number bigger than your regular clothes? When I bought my dress, I was wearing a size 18. If any industry should go the other way, it should be bridal! Haha.

my dress is actually a size smaller than i wear. the 30 day shred will work out the arms.