what is your dress code at work?

Options

Replies

• antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i work in television everything is casual :)

Got to love entertainment companies...I'm at a music company and im currently in sneakers, jeans and a comfy shirt :-)

yesss! i sit and watch tv all day lol and do nothing
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Professional for office/administrative staff and scrubs for clinical staff. I think a lot of people get professional and skank ho attire confused though!
    what exactly is skank ho attire?
    Going to work, wearing pasties.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Business casual. It's actually quite relaxed, I wear dark jeans a lot with a dressier top, or a blazer. I only wear heels when I feel like it.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I work in the clothing dept of an athletic store. I always look like I'm ready to work out and I love it. :)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Our official dress code is business casual and just casual on Fridays. But I like to dress up. I hate wearing pants. I wear pencil skirts or dresses most days. On Fridays, I wear a more casual skirt, and sometimes I wear jeans. Always heels. I'm only 5 feet tall.
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I work in an inbound customer service call center, so we're very casual since no one sees us. However, no flip flops (safety thing/part of our insurance requirements) and no shorts because people can't figure out to keep their @ss covered. I'd say most people do jeans/tshirts every day.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    It's our business so we can wear whatever we like but we do try to dress well and be nicely put together and save the casual clothes for the weekend.
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Scrubs :)
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Professional with Casual Fridays. I live for Fridays
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Casual - I wear jeans just about everyday. But there are rules like no holes in your jeans, no flip flops, no tank tops, tube tops, shorts, too tight or too short clothes, and the like. Some people dress business-casual or professional everyday because they want to and there are also certain positions/departments that have to.

But when we have client visits or VP visits, we have to dress in business-casual. (no jeans, no sneakers) - which is actually next week!
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i've never worn a blazer before, it's really out of my comfort zone.
    i had to go shopping last night for new clothes, i blew 400$ on 2 shirts, a blazer and 3 pants. yikes.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Very Casual, jeans & sweatshirts or sweaters in the winter, capris & cute tops in the summer with sandals. Anytime I dress up my boss just assumes I have a lunch date:wink:
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    EMS cargo pants and polo for regular duty. Button-up shirt and badge for public education/inspections. Bunker gear for the good stuff.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Business professional. I wear a suit to work most days, or a dress.
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Navy Working Uniform (NWUs) most days, Navy Service Uniform (NSUs) (otherwise known as black and tans) on certain days. Yes, I am in the Navy.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Scrubs. We're non-clinical, but in a hospital, and I end up doing more IT-related stuff that I don't DARE do in a dress, or end up on the road making lab deliveries and whatnot, so we've kind of transitioned into the wearing of scrubs daily. On occasion I will be caught wearing a skirt and heels or a dress, but that is very rare.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    White shirt(that buttons to top with long sleeves)/Black bottoms
    however some people wear black jeans or super short skirts which i think just looks so unprofessional!
    I mean its only bar work but we're serving people that have are expecting professional which is why they pay extremely high club fees.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Navy Working Uniform (NWUs) most days, Navy Service Uniform (NSUs) (otherwise known as black and tans) on certain days. Yes, I am in the Navy.

Love a Man (or woman) in uniform....and thanks for your service.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I work in a warehouse doing recieving, so I do a lot of moving boxes but also administrative tasks.. I work with all men and 1 other woman who dresses like the latter. Literally. I am required to wear long pants every day and am supposed to wear safety tennis shoes but I only do it if I absolutely have to...I just wear my own tennis shoes. So along with jeans and tennis shoes, I cant really wear anything nice because I look out of place, plus I risk getting it dusty and dirty. People ask if I have an interview or something if I dress in anything nicer than a nice top and a cardigan. Honestly it kinda makes the femininity inside of me die a little each day. I would KILL someone to be able to wear a nice blouse, cute skirt and heels to work everyday.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    anything from casual to dress. No tennis shoes, flip flops, or blue jeans.