What amazing new food did you discover this week?

Options

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    'NEW Crystal Light Pure Fitness Grape' no artificial sweetners or colors

Lobster Ravioli dinner

Orville Redenbackers (sp? :::shrugs:::) Smart Pop 94% FF single bags I was impressed!

Blueberries not new to me but they are all over the place and delcious!

Grape tomatoes (new to me again this season)

Tuna I hear ya, I'm all about tuna myself lately, great source of protein!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Probably not new to many of you, but some new 'faves' that I picked up this week and will pick up again:

Fage 0% greek yogurt (love how thick it is)
    Kiwi fruit--YUMMO!
    Tempeh--I got the 'fakin bacon' flavor--was great crumbled on a salad
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    grilled portobello cap as a "burger." Now, it's no beefy burger, but it's a nice substitute that takes on any flavor that you choose to put on it. I basted with teriyaki and topped with a pineapple for a hawaiian portobello burger! And get this...the whole cap only had ~30 calories! BIG difference from the ~250 for the beef patty.

This sounds great. I have been wanting to try Portabello mushroom caps. Everyone keeps telling me how good they are.

They are amazing!! I have to force myself not to eat a portabella cap for dinner!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Ground flax seed. It makes me soooo full!

How do you eat the ground flax seed? Do you add it to smoothies? Make bread? I have some left from when I was trying to follow Atkins and I'd like to use it.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Ground flax seed. It makes me soooo full!

How do you eat the ground flax seed? Do you add it to smoothies? Make bread? I have some left from when I was trying to follow Atkins and I'd like to use it.
    You can add to pretty much anything you eat, from eggs, to cereal, to a smoothie, to veggies, really the sky is the limit!:wink::flowerforyou:
  • staceyn1
    staceyn1 Posts: 5
    Options
    i saw this on FIT TV ..... and just tried it this past week. it's a good one if you are craving something salty. cut a granny smith apple in thin slices...squeeze a lemon or lime on them then sprinkle with kosher salt. i used a lime and LOVED it. tasted like a margarita! even my husband like it...and thats saying alot! def gonna be a go to snack for me. btw... LOVED this thread! such great ideas!!!!
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Seven Star Farms Original Maple Yogurt!! I'd been eating Stony Fields, and after trying Seven Star I'm hooked!!! Far better flavor and less ingredients.

One thing I want to mention to all the people going on about couscous.....unless you're specifically buying whole wheat couscous, its the same refined semolina product as your basic pasta, its just processed differently. You're not getting much nutritional bang for your buck.

Take care all!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Golden Beets--Yummy roasted with a bit of olive oil, cinamon, and brown sugar.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    no salt added, no high fructose corn syrup ketchup

don't eat ketchup that often, but hate that it has so much sodium
    this was a tasty refreshing sauce that actually tasted like tomatoes instead of salt.
  • Nicolletta
    Nicolletta Posts: 70
    Options
    Chilean seabass. It was YUMMY!! :tongue:
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    i put an ostrich steak on the grill. marinated in aged fig balsamic. it was delicious and healthy 2 boot!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Baked Sweet Potato Fries... LOVE!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/baked-sweet-potato-fries-recipe/index.html

*Don't leave the in the full amount of time. I check them after 10 minutes and take them out as soon as they start getting soft.
  • blaw
    blaw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe 's toasted ground flaxseed with blueberries sprinkled over yogurt. Tasty!
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    I love this thread! I've gotten so many new ideas of things to make. My thing that I've "discovered" is Kashi pizza. It's the mushroom and spinach kind. 250 calories a serving and totally satisfies the pizza craving without the calorie overload. One serving is 1/3 of the pizza which is a pretty big slice! Yum!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Fresh Express - Sierra Crisp Herb salad mix and it is wayyyy yummy. Its great for a fijita salad. Very flavorful and when do you say that about a lettuce mix?
  • 02bfitter
    02bfitter Posts: 8
    Options
    Sango Sprouts - it's the first time I have seen anything that looked more inviting at the supermarket. Got 'em home and thought, now what? So, I grabbed a couple of Arnotts Cruskits and began to build my lunch...yup - I "build" every day and its fun coming up with new and enticing foods that are healthy and nutritious. I am hooked. So, I got out the Philly lite cheese blend and smeared on a lil bit, then I added some pastrami (1 slice cut in half), then I topped with some mashed and curried egg (with parsley and black pepper); then I put a swiss cheese slice cut in half over each of the cruskits, then I smeared a little hummus over the cheese and then grabbed a pinch or two of these sango sprouts and let them attach themselves to the hummus - well, I've never seen anything so delectable. A twist or two of black pepper over the whole lot and out in the sun I went to show off to my hubby that I am now a lunch builder! Don't ask me what kinda sprouts I am eating - but they are delish and I'm recommending them.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    buckwheat pancake mix
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    **Skinny Cow Individual size 5.8 oz. Chocolate Fudge Brownie Lowfat Ice Cream
    ...nice because it's portion controlled even more more so than the boxes of frozen confections they sell. Decided I wanted a treat and picked one up. I think they run about $1 Delish!

**Sweet Red Pepper (not a bell pepper), never tried one of these and have never seen them in the store, OMG, so yummy all on it's own!! I got one in my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box this week.

**Rediscovering the incredible taste of garden tomatoes and cukes...WOW, the garden ones have such a wonderful flavor.

Winter is gonna be tough for me this year after all these awesome fresh veggies I've been getting, I'm getting spoiled! :sad:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    My friends introduced me to salsa chicken. Bake the chicken with salsa and a bit of cheddar. So easy and tasty!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Found weight watchers cheese wedges yesterday next to the laughing cow cheese. Tried the jallapeno pepper one and it was tasty the only thing it isn't as spreadable as laughing cow but I love pepper cheese so I will take it.