How awesome are you? PR time!

Options
13»

Replies

• mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I once made the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs

A million bonus points for a perfectly placed and completely awesome movie reference! Nice work!
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    PR's so far, en route to 1100 lbs total by the end of the school year (June 3rd-ish):

Squat: 325
    Bench: 305
    Deadlift: 360
  • warriordude07run
    warriordude07run Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'd say pretty awesome. Going from a 33 minute 5k last January and a 9:37 mile. I ran 22:42 5k last September. 1:43 for my first half in October. Sprained my ankle in February but came back and have been putting in good mileage. Recently ran a 5:59 mile, first time under 6 minutes. My ultimate goal is to break 20 minutes for a 5k, so I'm not too far off. Just going to keep working hard and eat healthy. Hoping soon I can say, oh yeah I've run a 19:45 5k. Maybe if I run another half, to go under 1:40 would be nice. What I think is most impressive about my PRs though is that I'm 6'6 and 224 lbs. That's a lot of weight to carry but no excuses!
  • cjpembo
    cjpembo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Benched 315 lb and ran a sub 23 min 5K, all in the same day. I weighed in at 218 lb when I did it; at age 40. Had way too much tequila the night before... almost missed the run!.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    There are some amazing PR's in here!

And not just all the elite runners, but EVERYONE! Seeing great improvement on something you work hard for is SUCCESS! :drinker:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    deadlift-265x3
    power clean-125
    front squat-125x10
    tricep dips-55x15
    pullups-55x5

im proud....because i weigh 120 :D

I wanna work out with you, pint sized lady beast!!!!
  • sidegrinder
    sidegrinder Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My PR for a half is 1:46:40, I was pretty pumped to get down around 8min/per mile. I'm hoping to blow that up next month!
  • Zoekat05
    Zoekat05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Half Marathon PR of 1:46:36 (next goal sub 1:45) and full marathon PR of 3:50:52 (next goal 3:40 and a Boston Qualifier).
  • LadyMustard
    LadyMustard Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My PR sounds really lame compared to everyone else's, but I got in a whole extra 5 minutes on the elliptical today during physical therapy. I will be increasing my weights on a lot of my exercises next time, and my new goal is to get the extra five in from now on as long as my knee is up to it.

It's an inspiration to read everyone's posts! I'll be back to post again when I can reach 15 minutes elliptical in a session. ^o^
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My half marathon time of 2:09:04!! My goal was sub2:15!! I smashed that goal!
  • Run_Forever
    Run_Forever Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Fastest 5k was 19.35 last year and best half was 1:32.09. I'm looking to improve both those times this year.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I'm not into distance running, but my PR 2 mile is 15:36. Considering I was always a 9-10 min/mile runner in the Army, I'm flying now.

Also just tested my current 1RM for the bench press and I'm at 120 or 90% body weight! 7 years ago I was at 110 and that was only 76% body weight.

I also just hit 5x5 @ 75 on OHP.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    What about you? What PR are you most proud of... and why?
    Had my "PR" today.
    3/4 of a rep with 180# on the bench press. i've never pushed it past 150 before. I can knock out 5 at 150, in fact I did. I siwtched out the plates to make it to 180, and even though it was my last rep of the workout, and my last bit of gas in the tank, I got it 3/4 of the way up before my spotter saved me. :)

So, I'll get up to 3 reps of that before long, would be nice to be up to 200 by the end of summer. To be honest, i'm a bit surprised.
  • jajnn
    jajnn Posts: 33
    Options
    hit 405 lbs DL for reps a few weeks back, looking to move to the 500's soon.
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Completed my fastest half marathon in 2:03 in Las Vegas.
    Will be trying my first full marathon this fall - won't be worried about the time (just want to finish that distance strong),
    but I feel pretty awesome training for it. I want bragging rights !!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    My PR has little to do with times. Running 20 miles for the first time was my finest hour. Running 26.2 in 8 days time will beat that.
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    BP 132.5kg x4

Koing
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone! Just last Sunday I ran a 10K in 47:30.