How to get a dancer's body

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Reading back through the comments I see a bunch of PMS sufferers must be on the loose. If you don't want to do a dance workout then why did you come in to comment? Does EVERYTHING HAVE to be an argument? Why do you people insist on coming out to inflict yourselves on others for no reason other than your poor little egos need a feeding? Grow up and stop looking for reasons to pick fights with others.

I'm sorry, I thought the OP posted this question to get more information and understanding, not to have a bunch of people prancing around shouting nonsense and congratulating themselves on their ignorance.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    The only way to get a dancer's body is to be born with the physique typical of professional dancers.
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Reading back through the comments I see a bunch of PMS sufferers must be on the loose. If you don't want to do a dance workout then why did you come in to comment? Does EVERYTHING HAVE to be an argument? Why do you people insist on coming out to inflict yourselves on others for no reason other than your poor little egos need a feeding? Grow up and stop looking for reasons to pick fights with others.

haha, I agree.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    take her/him out to dinner for a start.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Men don't actually suffer from PMS.
    Au contraire - it's often men that suffer the most!

;)
  • clairabellle
    clairabellle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    From my experience, I did achieve leaner muscle 5 years ago through being diagnosed with Coeliac disease. I rapidly lost 20 kilos and was doing yoga, when they finally found out what was wrong with me I stabilized my weight and have steadily put that back on.
    Anyway end result I'm no longer lean and have stopped the yoga and that has made a hugh difference to how my muscle looks.
    Not as "elongated" I put it down to definition at fat loss and doing yoga z6 days a week.
    By the way I'm only 5 ft 1 and my muscles did look longer, I was just leaner. 48kg.
    I'm 70 kilos now and will gon back to yoga when I'm fitter as it's amazing for muscle building and flexibility with definition.
    Peace, love and mungbeans :flowerforyou:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Just so we have an idea of what a dancer's body may look like..
    5ORVZQ0.gif
    Carry on.
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump, think I'd enjoy the video the OP suggested.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Men don't actually suffer from PMS.
    Au contraire - it's often men that suffer the most!

;)

clever.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I got my long, lean, dancer mussels by blowing a wad of cash on this:

DyT5JUb.png
    Before I dropped $500 on this handrail/yoga mat combination, I was 5'3' and stocky. Then, after doing 300 leg lifts a day while holding on this this handrail, my muscles elongated to the point where I grew to 6'1" and looked like a ballerina. I was wonderful. I was sooooo long and lean. And there was no other way for me to achieve this body except by giving someone $500 for a handrail with a mat tied to it.

But then one day my handrail broke, and I followed the forums advice and joined a gym. Even though I still used the handrails in the gym to perform my light weight, high rep leg lifts, the testosterone in the air at the gym made me bulky. Even using the elliptical at the gym made my thighs soooooo muscular that I couldn't fit into my skinny jeans.

Let's not forget you have a Pilates reformer.

pilates-reformer-small.jpg

pilates-composite.jpg

Five-Reformer-Pilates-Classes-At-Sports-Spine-Rehabilitation-Center.jpg
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I used to dance many years ago competitively (sigh those were the days :P ) and while I felt my calfs were huge, they probably weren't because even at that time, I felt all of me was huge and it really wasn't.

Thanks for the suggestion OP i really love dancing and it is one exercise I can enjoy and because of that I do it longer and more often. Finding something I loved was a big break through for me. DEFINITELY going to check out that vid u mentioned. Thanks!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I already have the body of a dancer. I keep it in the freezer.

LOL! (I hope!)
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fun video! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Byebyefattybumbum
    Byebyefattybumbum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to dance, and it did not give me a dancer's body, unfortunately. I developed bigger, muscular, stocky legs - more like a rugby player's than a dancer's. I think a lot of it is probably to do with your body type.

I'd be interested in the DVD though. I like the New York City ballet workout DVDs.

this has happened to me as well!!!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    How many of you nay-sayers can actually bend over and touch your toes?? Try it and maybe you'll see why you need to "elongate" your muscles!

Thank you, eviegreen for your suggestion.

I can bend forward, keep my knees straight and place my palms flat on the floor...but I don't have a "dancer's body" because it is genetically impossible for me to have one. So what is your point, exactly?

OP, I am sure it is a great video. Your title is what is spurring on the debate, I think...
  • hannahjames295
    hannahjames295 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ohh... chronic exercise of the ordinary variety leads to an increase in the diameters of slow-twitch fibers. If the connectivity of the motor neurons is reversed so that a red slow-twitch fiber is energized by a fast neuron or vice versa, then the slow-twitch fiber slowly becomes fast or the white fast-twitch fiber slowly becomes slow. This implies that if the higher levels of consciousness which control muscle action dictate a new role for a muscle, it's responsiveness, chemistry, and morphology all will change in sympathy with the new demands made upon it by the altered neural signal activating it. In this way, a yoga or ballet practice can change the muscular form and responses of the body.
    Sorry but I just wanted to point out that this is physiologically correct, but the people that were arguing over bloody semantics seem to have ignored this post entirely! A very basic translation of this is that muscle will appear leaner/elongated, but will retain strength, what actually happens is a 'longer' muscle can work better at extremes of movements, whereas a 'shorter' muscle can work well at mid-range but will struggle at extremes...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    How many of you nay-sayers can actually bend over and touch your toes?? Try it and maybe you'll see why you need to "elongate" your muscles!

Thank you, eviegreen for your suggestion.

Amusingly, some of the big bulky people you're so afraid of are incredibly flexible. You have to be pretty flexible to get deep in a squat and push yourself out of it.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Dance
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Ohh... chronic exercise of the ordinary variety leads to an increase in the diameters of slow-twitch fibers. If the connectivity of the motor neurons is reversed so that a red slow-twitch fiber is energized by a fast neuron or vice versa, then the slow-twitch fiber slowly becomes fast or the white fast-twitch fiber slowly becomes slow. This implies that if the higher levels of consciousness which control muscle action dictate a new role for a muscle, it's responsiveness, chemistry, and morphology all will change in sympathy with the new demands made upon it by the altered neural signal activating it. In this way, a yoga or ballet practice can change the muscular form and responses of the body.
    Sorry but I just wanted to point out that this is physiologically correct, but the people that were arguing over bloody semantics seem to have ignored this post entirely! A very basic translation of this is that muscle will appear leaner/elongated, but will retain strength, what actually happens is a 'longer' muscle can work better at extremes of movements, whereas a 'shorter' muscle can work well at mid-range but will struggle at extremes...

We ignored it because it's complete nonsense :laugh:
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I already have the body of a dancer. I keep it in the freezer.

SWAT kicking down your door in 3.... 2..... 1......
This discussion has been closed.